• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never mind...Fly was open. lol

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
thanks chrono. Jeans is by uniqlo T000. Normally I wouldn't wear green but the jeans were on promo sales for $30. Fit is nice for the price. gf blazer is by topshop and blouse is by uniqlo.

topshop is only available in the UK right?

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
If offended by gratuitous life style pics then learn to 'crop' & 'edit'..

* Olympus PEN E-P1
+ Olympus 17mm f/2.8 Pancake
+ Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5 Super-Wide Heliar Aspherical
+ Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 Nokton Classic​
Love this series. Your pictures just keep getting better and better. Great stuff!

Originally Posted by JKISSI
I want to be the black Phat Guido , no joke lol

good stuff as usual

Berlinreport - I'm typically a slim/skinny type of dude but you rocked that fit

Eason - nice and clean

Chrono - clean see you man!

braidkid - noice

mellow fellow - nice use of colors ,always good

Thanks!

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BerlinR, I do like your fit. It's rather good. I'm just responding to these two posts due to their observations:

Originally Posted by aeglus
I think this is the first time I say that I'm not quite feeling it. If you add a jacket though (I'm thinking like barims), I think I'd change my mind. The difference between the close fit up top and loose fit on the bottom just isn't jiving with me.

Angle is sort of exaggerating the fullness of the pants though, and in motion it should look pretty nice.

Well, given that I considered buying the same trousers, and that I was invoked, I should weigh in here

BR's look, if worn by the Oxford Bags proponents of the early 20th century, or Bowie in his heyday, would feature a slightly fuller shirt to balance it out. This isn't an advocation of a baggy vintage shirt, but something of a more regular fitting shirt might work better for you, A. Personally, I think that a slightly lower waist on the trousers helps best, but I also think my fairly broad build is a good balancing act for my wider trousers and slimmer shirts. YMMV

I'd like to see the Haversacks paired with a jacket

Originally Posted by asobu
This looks great! Only thing I'd change would possibly be the footwear, I'd prefer something slightly chunkier, thick-soled. Really feeling the wide pants though; very nice pic as well, it's a good vibe.

LabelYing would suggest a minimum of a two inch heel

A rounded shoe style works best for me - a flat, thin upper usually comes off as somewhat stubby

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
This is very elegant, great! I hear what some posters are saying about a more pronounced shoe and I know this YMC's are pretty slender but I think this is mostly a camera angle issue. I may attempt something like this at some point.
Thanks Andrew. I think you'll look fantastic in wide trousers. Do it!
Originally Posted by barims
BerlinR, I do like your fit. It's rather good. I'm just responding to these two posts due to their observations:

Well, given that I considered buying the same trousers, and that I was invoked, I should weigh in here

BR's look, if worn by the Oxford Bags proponents of the early 20th century, or Bowie in his heyday, would feature a slightly fuller shirt to balance it out. This isn't an advocation of a baggy vintage shirt, but something of a more regular fitting shirt might work better for you, A. Personally, I think that a slightly lower waist on the trousers helps best, but I also think my fairly broad build is a good balancing act for my wider trousers and slimmer shirts. YMMV

I'd like to see the Haversacks paired with a jacket

LabelYing would suggest a minimum of a two inch heel

A rounded shoe style works best for me - a flat, thin upper usually comes off as somewhat stubby

I missed Aeglus earlier post. Sorry about that. I actually tried them first with a fuller shirt but it looked too complete. I felt like I was wearing a costume. Its just not my thing and I wouldn't have felt comfortable with the look. Now you gents have given me a real challenge as I can't seem to find the right jacket for the trousers. I tried a short leather jacket and that made it look too 80's, the bedford didn't look right either but maybe it was due to the clashing sand tones. I thought maybe a chunky shawl collar cardigan might do the trick. I'll give it a go and post the effort when its ready.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3938451820_8a58cf99e0.jpg

pony tail, band of outsiders, ande whall grifters, german army
ugh.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
DSCN4646.jpg

her
felix and jayne headband
green sweater
levis 503 skinny
persian mall vendor gladiator sandals

me
rustler by wrangler [youth xl, hence the lame =w= arcs]
hanes
levis 511
walton watch
mossimo supply co.

we'd have take more, we just didn't have enough time.

dinner at upstream brewing company, steak for moi... some vegetarian thing for the missus.

taking the scenic route to lincoln this evening, more pics to come.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Sweet. I'm too overcome by goodwill to say anything about the clothes. Mr and Mrs Robbie, you are truly emotionally manipulative

Originally Posted by berlin report
I missed Aeglus earlier post. Sorry about that. I actually tried them first with a fuller shirt but it looked too complete. I felt like I was wearing a costume. Its just not my thing and I wouldn't have felt comfortable with the look. Now you gents have given me a real challenge as I can't seem to find the right jacket for the trousers. I tried a short leather jacket and that made it look too 80's, the bedford didn't look right either but maybe it was due to the clashing sand tones. I thought maybe a chunky shawl collar cardigan might do the trick. I'll give it a go and post the effort when its ready.

Yes, that "completeness" was something I was trying to warn aginst, since the self-belt design and high waist already lend themselves to something of a revivalist look

As for jackets, I think you should err on the side of caution and wear one that isn't cropped. For an odd jacket or sportcoat I think lightly padded shoulders would go over nicely. 1 or 2 buttons would be ace. And if you're a fan of the patterns and material, try something in tweed (or a lighter weight check). The cardigan is a great choice and I'll do the same once I've replaced the buttons on my own DB cardie

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
img3956h.jpg
img3953a.jpg
Wondering how the cuffs/stacking looks. Opinons? Mikmit, I love it. Berlin, you pull off the pants so well. I think they look great, but I'm not brave enough to try. PG, the Alden's were a great choice for The OneShoe AUS edition. They're very flexible. Robbie, you guys look great!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in case DDML didn know posting here as well is mandatory. Best pic in memory.
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
3938180579aa53e95092b.jpg
engineered garments shirt loopwheeler tee vintage mil fatigue pants (US) russell moccasin south40 birdshooters sherpani rumba superlight carrier sinn 656s cooperstown ball cap co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads