1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Senior member

dude injects some much needed swag in here

2. asobu

asobu Senior member

Yeah, some good fits lately!

3. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Get swine flu and lose the weight
    When I was in China I'd lick the palm of my hand after shaking hands with strangers....noth'n!

4. snake

snake Senior member

When I was in China I'd lick the palm of my hand after shaking hands with strangers....noth'n!
    [​IMG]

Everyone's lookin good, Leonard's got some epic steez

5. garmis

garmis Senior member

Pocket Squares [​IMG]
    EPIC.

6. Chrispy

Chrispy Senior member

2 week ago

1 week ago
    [​IMG]
    apc
    apc
    s2a jeans
    marc jacobs

BYE

watch?

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I have the opposite problem; my NS's (epically faded btw) are getting a little too big at 26, and my Petit Standards (near raw) at 27 are huge on me, and both pairs stink like fuck. I do really dislike the PS' though, they are essentially the old Hipster top block with the NS' legs, which is a shitty combo for men.
    They might be right for Rye though, Rye has that straight-arm hands in the pockets habit that you can only do with sagged low-rise jeans, and the PSs do that.... I just dislike my cock popping out of low-rise jeans, then again I wear my jeans halfway down my thighs still...

They're really not that low rise. I guess it varies on the size and type of body and stuff but on me the rise seems pretty normal compared to other jeans i've owned. I don't like really low rise jeans either. It's the reason i don't wear my black ring waxed jeans, why i can't do those diesel cloak lookalikes and some other pants i've liked. The legs fits a little better too. For me the new cures are too tight in the top block and thighs and the leg opening (on a size 30) is like 7.5". The new standards in 29 are just a bit too big in the thighs after they stretch. It's weird and different with each person though.

Yea, i think i remember seeing your NSs and the fades are nice. I'm sick of the raw color and wish they'd fade but lord knows how long it'll be till they look decent.

8. asobu

asobu Senior member

I'm sick of the raw color and wish they'd fade but lord knows how long it'll be till they look decent.

This. I wear my NS a lot, and like them a lot. No epic fades, but decent. I've washed them a few times, which made me like them more cause I hate their raw color.

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Yea, i don't like the apc color when raw either. They look fine after some fades and washes though. I've only been wearing them like 2 months though so i figure i should wait a bit since i dont' bike ride or anything aggressive in them

Kinda want to buy a looser fitting denim (like ns fit or something) already faded used as there's no way i can wear in 2 pairs and i like having one slim almost skinny pair as well

10. Yo-han

Yo-han Senior member

Great stuff in here as always keep that going gentlemen

[​IMG]

Life of a broke college student lol

GAP
    Uni knit tie
    Uni corduroy shirt
    APC
    J.Crew
    Hill Side Selvedge Chambray

SE on Pocket Squares

sorry to be a hater but can't understand all the love for this, formulaic to the extreme and feels like the hypebeast equivalent to "mens clothing", but instead of supreme tee, diors, vans it's cord sportscoat - check, knit tie - check, flood roll - check, pocket square - check, 5xstupid beads - check and so on. sizing is absolutely ridiculous and everything looks very unnatural. dressed by the internet to the extreme

11. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

he is taking relatively inexpensive clothing and innovative use of color and detailing to present clean looks.

unless you follow the rest of his looks and are able to understand his individual sense of style it would be hard to understand why everyone praises his fits so much.

12. Ozarks

Ozarks Senior member

I always intend to keep more up to date with the thread, then I leave for a day and there's 3 new pages of material I can't be bothered to read. Anyways, for a party I'm throwing for my dad's 60th after a weekend of camping with my mom. [​IMG] Club Monaco J.Crew Samurai Paul Smith

13. Seafinch

Seafinch Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thrifted Pendleton
    Samurai
    Vans

14. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

I always intend to keep more up to date with the thread, then I leave for a day and there's 3 new pages of material I can't be bothered to read. Anyways, for a party I'm throwing for my dad's 60th after a weekend of camping with my mom.

[​IMG]

Club Monaco
    J.Crew
    Samurai
    Paul Smith

Love the sweater/pull over, or whatever it is. Looks really nice.

15. APK

APK Senior member

sorry to be a hater but can't understand all the love for this, formulaic to the extreme and feels like the hypebeast equivalent to "mens clothing", but instead of supreme tee, diors, vans it's cord sportscoat - check, knit tie - check, flood roll - check, pocket square - check, 5xstupid beads - check and so on. sizing is absolutely ridiculous and everything looks very unnatural. dressed by the internet to the extreme

Look around his site for a while. You'll see a natural progression of Josh's style. This didn't happen overnight. He's even evolved since he started doing the OCBD and tie look, since I don't recall him ever tucking his shirts until a couple of months ago.

And your check list is kind of funny, since it seems built to pick apart precisely what he's wearing. Yeah, I see a TON of dudes his age with pocket squares. [​IMG]

Read the entry for the fit on the site, too. He's having some fun with colors and textures. Those things aren't done by people who just blindly wear what the 'net tells them to.

16. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

PG I'll see your Mens' Clothing and raise you one corduroy suit and cashmere tie [​IMG]
    - there is no competition amongst us seniors.. We just sit by & watch..
    Phat sorry to use your pic.
    - [​IMG]
    But any one found the answer to the asian smoothness????

- evolution..
    2 week ago
    1 week ago
    1weekago
    Yesterday
    Today
    All my shoes
    BYE

- please come back

17. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

November is MoVEMBER! See last line

Temp
    16c - 27c, sunny & feeling warm already
    Days Agenda
    Tuesday 10th Nov 2009, usual droll, meetings, wabbit food lunch, then dinner with Mom

What a difference in proportion when one let's down TROU 1cm..
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To sponsor my Mo:
    Click this link http://au.movember.com/mospace/269560/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account
    *Ricoh GRDIII​

18. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

cool shirt, seafinch.

19. downtownstyle

downtownstyle Senior member

20. turbozed

turbozed Senior member

Guido: "droll" means odd and amusing. The word sounds like it should mean "dull" but it doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.