• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ The dude abides

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
zissou I don't think you should be wearing glasses. late 1800s merchant marines either had good eyesite or drowned.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think the glasses don't look bad, they're just not the right color, they're too close to your complexion. A bigger classic style would probably suit you better though.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zissou i think the frames really suit you- in fact the whole outfit is great.
i like the watch, is it an omega? i think its just the way you're standing but it kind of looks like you're wearing it over your shirt cuff, agnelli-style

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Started college again yesterday.

IMG_2254.jpg

Normally I don't like black with orange, but this is okay. Color and fit prevents you from going too far into prep territory. Judging by the doorframe, you're seven feet tall, so I don't know if I'd wear jeans that emphasize your hight/skinniness like that.

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I think the glasses don't look bad, they're just not the right color, they're too close to your complexion. A bigger classic style would probably suit you better though.

As a bald white guy, I'd say he has to get glasses that are transparent close to the color of his complexion. It always looks awkward when the frames of glasses are by far the darkest thing on a person's head.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Indeed, tagutcow. Thanks, robinson. The watch is actually a POS Fossil, although once I sell my house next year, my first purchase will be a vintage Omega Seamaster 'Jedi'
smile.gif
I am wearing it over a cuff (tattoo). impolyt- believe me, I've tried other colors and they all stand out like a sore thumb. Maybe if I had hair it would be easier
wink.gif
Teger- ha ha. I wouldn't mind wearing contacts, but the air is much too dry here. Thanks, ataru

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow

As a bald white guy, I'd say he has to get glasses that are transparent close to the color of his complexion. It always looks awkward when the frames of glasses are by far the darkest thing on a person's head.

Moby, Michael Stipe during the mid 90's, and that one asshole from Live made the bald white guy with dark framed glasses thing work ok.

erzu

Reaction score
zissou, those frames look fantastic on you. you could also try some vintage tart's but they're getting quite expensive (similar aesthetics as your op emerson). and your fit was excellent btw.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for cooler weather.

3924598722_3c4fa1e07e_o.jpg

3923813473_32d2bd4a90_o.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all of the positive comments on the glasses. I liked them when I picked them up yesterday, but I could always use other opinions. Time to put lenses in them!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^darker would be better IMO, i like stark contrast

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agree with kunk and dismal; darker, and possibly slighty bigger, frames would be better (although I don't thinkmthe current ones are that bad).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads