• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Completely disagree with teger so what's new.

Works well here.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I think maybe its the camera because all of his pictures have a distinct orange-ish tint.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ersatzmoe
Here's my first post:

I've been watching this thread for a while, just lurkin and jerkin.

Here's me coming out the woodworks.

Suit and shirt: Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair
Tie: YSL
Shoes: Chronicles of Never

Full size picture would help 100% but I'm liking what I see, the mid section is nice and I like the shoes. But I must admit I'm a sucker for solid matte black & white dress clothes.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a little old-mannish but so's a lot of what gives SWD folk boners. Looks good on Robbie, to me anyway.

Oxnard

Reaction score
I like that fit of Robbie's a lot, between the clothes and the hair he manages to style some very cool outfits on a limited budget. I enjoy the old school colors, some of them you just don't see very much and its refreshing really. Just looks cool in general, especially with that outfit.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
DSCN4906.jpg

not perfect; the pants need attention and i need new sweaters, but moving in a somewhat better direction i think. [right?]
JtG
thrifted sweater and tie
hm
florsheim

Hair is perfect. I really like the fit, too, though I may be biased, as what I'm wearing today is pretty similar.

Camel and beige sweaters always make me think of East of Eden:
eden.jpg

11499203_gal.jpg

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the thing is his sweater isn't that color. if it is IRL, good, but in the photo it looks way yellow/orange in that kind of dated 70s shag carpeting kind of way

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4147919803_d13e5004db_o.jpg
Gov't Issue Haversack SEXBR Mister Freedom Nom de Guerre Timberland Boot Co.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
the thing is his sweater isn't that color. if it is IRL, good, but in the photo it looks way yellow/orange in that kind of dated 70s shag carpeting kind of way

its not quite **** carpet color, but isn't oatmeal either. its def oldmannish, most thrift store is.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Here is GoSurface breakin it down (with his pants on)

Aww, isn't he dreamy.
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Smahatma
Are the EXIFs correct on these? Curious as to why you shoot these relatively slow scenes with such high shutter speeds + extremely high ISO

Originally Posted by jet
^he doesn't really know what he's doing with a dslr

Truer words have never been spoken. I've taken good pictures but honestly, I didn't really have time to ruminate over how I wanted the shots to come out. So I didn't bother adjusting any of the settings. I actually like the way the pictures of Justin turned out with the grainy effect though. I don't call myself a photographer for a reason.

Originally Posted by LabelKing
What happened there?

Wouldn't want to make you blush.

Originally Posted by berlin report
GoSurface, Cute BF but we need a fit pic from you.

Thanks Berlin, but I think I'm done posting fit pics.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing special, just posted this to show off some sick vintage boots I bought off of eBay. I'm kind of pissed that it's december and you can't wear anything heavier than a sweater.
2f6f08f3-1.jpg
Left Field Alt Apparel Deus Vtg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads