• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exam tomorrow, so my procrastination is my first WAYWRN. Taken in the reflection of the window in the back porch of my flat:
DSC00134.jpg

never get sick of peanut butter on toast.

DSC00138.jpg

That weird shadow by the hip of my jeans is the curtain behind the reflection in the window.

DSC00137.jpg

lambswool grandpa cardigan i found on the net - still undecided on whether i can pull this off. Maybe with more normal jeans.
No name (warehouse) gray polo shirt.
Belt buckle i found on net
some old Guess jeans i also found on the net
Puma clydes

There it is. My first WAYWRN. Open to comments/advice etc.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we can all see how this is playing out:

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Jon, seriously, quit it. Stop thrifting ugly grandfather clothing and pairing it with $3 Hanes tees. Jesus man.

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
You have crazy guy hair and a look in your eye that says "I'm gonna kill some women some day." The sport jacket tops aren't meshing with any of this. You'd look WAY better in some jeans and a tee/sweater/cardigan/non-sport-coat. Try it and see.

Originally Posted by JonHecht
Yes, or I wouldn't wear them.
Edit: But I feel happy and confident in general, so I don't think the clothes have much bearing on that.

Hecht, I Dub Thee Son Of Moo.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
There it is. My first WAYWRN. Open to comments/advice etc.
Don't wear those shoes with anything even similar to that fit. The colours are pretty pastel and unsaturated, I'm not a big fan of the way that all goes together colour wise. Cardi isn't great. Might look better open. I would not tuck the polo. Really, I wouldn't tuck any polo. Giant belt buckle must die. Fit on pants / polo seems fine.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjacobs
North Marine Drive (sorry ToruOkada, I'm the one that beat you to it
smile.gif
)
Acne
Red Wing

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
serious question jon: do you feel happy and confident in the clothes you wear
+1

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
November is MoVEMBER! See last line

Temp
18c - 22c & showers
Days Agenda
Wednesday 4th Nov 2009, 0600 BackFatCamp, meetings, wabbit food lunch, then dinner with friend..

First things FIRST - 30 secs from RAIN & I had no time to change settings on camera..
R0012944-4.jpg
R0012948-4.jpg

R0012950-8.jpg

Day 4.. & not looking good
R0012952-8.jpg

To sponsor my Mo for a GOOD CAUSE:
Click this link http://au.movember.com/mospace/269560/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account​

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonHecht
Not sure I understand the question.

Edit: To explain why I wear what I wear: I like the aesthetic, so I wear it. I think it looks pretty, so I wear it. I don't really think there's any other reason someone actually does something aside from the fact that he likes it. Perhaps what I like doesn't coincide with what you like, but I do genuinely take enjoyment out of it.

I'm not trying to pick at you here. I'm genuinely trying to understand. If you're already happy with what you're wearing, it's a waste of everyone's time to give you criticism because you won't change if you're not interested in changing.

guitarpkr76

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Don't wear those shoes with anything even similar to that fit.
The colours are pretty pastel and unsaturated, I'm not a big fan of the way that all goes together colour wise.
Cardi isn't great. Might look better open.
I would not tuck the polo. Really, I wouldn't tuck any polo.
Giant belt buckle must die.
Fit on pants / polo seems fine.

What he said.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Don't wear those shoes with anything even similar to that fit.
The colours are pretty pastel and unsaturated, I'm not a big fan of the way that all goes together colour wise.
Cardi isn't great. Might look better open.
I would not tuck the polo. Really, I wouldn't tuck any polo.
Giant belt buckle must die.
Fit on pants / polo seems fine.

With the shoes, would you recommend skinnier jeans? or just don't like the shoes?
yeah i wasn't too sure about the colours either. The jeans are actually are darker brown IRL. They appear sort of reddish in the photo. Still, the colours don't really work that well.

Yeah, i'm especially uncertain about the cardigan. The colour is just too old man.

I'm gonna agree to disagree on the tucking in of the polo and the belt buckle. It really isn't all that huge. As for the tucking in, i dunno, i just like it better that way. Hmmm, when i think about it it does run the risk of looking like i'm meant to be on the golf course, or worse, Johnny Drama from entourage. I dunno, i still like it tucked in.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
1. With the shoes, would you recommend skinnier jeans? or just don't like the shoes?

2. Yeah, i'm especially uncertain about the cardigan. The colour is just too old man.

3. I'm gonna agree to disagree on the tucking in of the polo and the belt buckle. It really isn't all that huge. As for the tucking in, i dunno, i just like it better that way. Hmmm, when i think about it it does run the risk of looking like i'm meant to be on the golf course, or worse, Johnny Drama from entourage. I dunno, i still like it tucked in.

1. I don't like the shoes really but yes they would look better with a slim pair of jeans.
2. Colour and texture. It's got this weird half-cable-knit-also-1/4-ribbed thing that just looks weird.
3. You can disagree with whatever, but I have the almighty weight of the styleforum consensus on my side and you are doomed to failure if you attempt to stand in its path. And if I even notice your belt buckle, it needs to not be around anymore.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
...in pdx this week...

091103full1a.jpg

Well played

That said, JD is on point regarding the footwear. A Chelsea-styled boot would have taken care of business

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
Well played

That said, JD is on point regarding the footwear. A Chelsea-styled boot would have taken care of business

Sure. But I don't own a chelsea. I like them but, with my high arch, have never found a comfortable fit. Perhaps bespoke at some point.

I have a simpler brown captoe I wear with this but the monks are my airport shoes and this was just off the plane.

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics