• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**Official Kansas City Thread**

BaaBaaBlackFleece

Reaction score
hey guys.....rarely post here, but this thread had to bring me out from under my rock......

kc here, would love to see about a meet-up!

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright so I had Arthur Bryant's and it was pretty legit. Got the burnt ends. Trying Gates today.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Main st. south of downtown

S-Town

Reaction score
Gate's blow Arthur Bryant's out of the water. I don't want to eat BBQ in a place that isn't grimy. I got a little flustered the first time I went to Gate's and they yelled their "HI, MAY I HELP YOU?" I was about 10 deep in line and couldn't even see the menu yet. The Combo and a Half sandwich is awesome. Get extra pickles on the side too.

Rosedale on SW Blvd is really good too! On their menu for beer, they have the options: pint or quart. I ordered a quart thinking it'd be a big glass, but they handed me a 32 oz. bottle of Bud and a little disposable plastic cup.

Also, check out Westport Flea Market for a burger...if it's still around.

Man, I miss KC. It's the midpoint between my current location and my family's home, so I get to pop in a few times a year.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arthur Bryant's was way better than Gates.

S-Town

Reaction score
I think most people try both, find out they like one better, and never look back. Don't get me wrong, I'd eat Bryant's everyday if someone placed it in front of me.

JhwkMac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
sooo that should definitely hit 70% off next end of season
rotflmao.gif
never been to LCs but as far as BBQ I think some places have certain dishes better than others. At Oklahoma joe's I get the carolina style pulled pork sandwich, Gates does really good burnt ends, and arthur bryants ribs.

JhwkMac

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has heard of the store Hudson and Jane in Brookside. They have probably the best stuff in KC. Arnys, Mackintosh, bespoke shirts out of new england, RLPL, savile row accessories, etc.

Rick, the owner, has graciously offered to host our first KC meeting. I believe he will also provide wine and beer.

How's that sound?

JhwkMac

Reaction score
Just from visiting the store. it's now at the Crestwood shops in Brookside, there's a male side and female. I went in today to browse and talked with him about how there are quite a bit of styleforum Kansas citians so he offered to host. heres their site: http://www.hudsonandjane.com/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads