• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**Official Kansas City Thread**

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
Wow how did I miss those deals
fight[1].gif
You can get some sick deals in this city thanks to the overall poor taste level. Anyways....weather is getting nice again. Almost patio weather, almost.

I am on the Plaza right now and this place is such a wasteland. I would prefer people either go really sloppy or dress nice, not some half ass ****. I just saw three dudes in OCBDs tucked in denimz and wearing flip flops.
ffffuuuu.gif
. Are people that lazy that they can't put on some shooz. Mainy, hit me up some time, we need to meet up.

PianoMan

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm in KC (Southmoreland, awesome neighborhood), so I thought I'd put my first post up on this thread here.

JhwkMac, that PadMapper link is gonna help me out a hell of a lot. I'm looking for a new place, and I wanted to stick around my current area, so... yeah. That site is gold.

So what are y'all's thoughts on where to buy threads in Kansas City? (If this has already been discussed in another thread, I apologize and I'll mend my ways.) I've been going to Pinstripes on the Plaza, mostly because they lured me in with a suit/shirt/tie deal. (The suit's not great, but that was at the beginning of my whole 'figuring out real clothes' thing. The tie is pretty righteous. I've gotten a couple of pairs of pants there, too, but the place is kind of pricey for my economic status.) I've also found a Savers, which is great, but they're way out in one of those burbs. I pretty much have to plan a whole afternoon trip if I want to go out there. So... where do you guys go for quality, classic clothes around here?

-J

PianoMan

Reaction score
Re-perusing the thread, I see that Hall's has been mentioned. That's the place on the Plaza, right? I also saw BoO, but didn't see the name that it's shorthand for. Seems like most of the places mentioned have been closing down...
frown.gif

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you dudes play golf? Think I'm gonna hit up Shoal Creek later this afternoon.

toogies80

Reaction score
I live a block or so from crestwood and wasn't aware that hudson and jane carried mens clothes. I will have to check it out sometime this week. Halls and Nordstroms are the only places I find myself shopping in Kansas City. Speaking of, does anyone know when Nordstroms rack is supposed to open?

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by toogies80
I live a block or so from crestwood and wasn't aware that hudson and jane carried mens clothes. I will have to check it out sometime this week. Halls and Nordstroms are the only places I find myself shopping in Kansas City. Speaking of, does anyone know when Nordstroms rack is supposed to open?

Not sure, but I would expect loads of affliction and ed hardy to be sold.

JhwkMac

Reaction score
PSA: Hudson and Jane is having a closest cleanout of their sale section. Last time I was there most shirts were around $100+ but they are putting everything at $50. they also have bill kakhis and some other items. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=205881366107129

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads