• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mehhhh

Reaction score
The only effects I want at the moment are a Crybaby (preferably the 535q), and one of those Tom Morello/Jack White octave generators.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
2001 Les Paul Standard Plus (flametop) I bought it new.

The amp is a Marshall JCM2000 the 1x10 combo with EL84's. I pulled two of the four out to hit the sweet spot without bothering too many neighbors...

Nobody sells "flametop." Is it a cherry burst? Tobacco burst? Something else? Hard to tell from the pic.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...ul-Axcess.aspx
drool.gif
So want one.
Splash-02.jpg
LPXSALVBCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx
Splash-01.jpg

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Current ****:

Ibanez JS-1000 BTB
EB Music man JP6
JCM800

On the floor:
Digitech Whammy
Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-7 & modded DS-1

+ assorted tuners and other stuff

Haven't been putting in the hours as of late, somehow lost my motivation. Guess it's fairly easy to deduce the type of music I dig based on my instrument(s) of choice.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Nobody sells "flametop." Is it a cherry burst? Tobacco burst? Something else? Hard to tell from the pic.

The standard plus came out then, what made it "plus" was the fact that it has a maple flametop. The official finish is called Honeyburst.

Bartolo

Reaction score
I have a crazy guitar amp that is much too much for my needs and am looking for ideas as to how to sell it. It's a Kendrick Black Gold 35 -- it looks like this one: http://www.gear-vault.com/kendrick-black-gold-35-amp/ I could put it up on Ebay, but it weighs a ton and frankly I'm not sure how I'd ship it -- I don't think I can just bring it to the local UPS Store or Fed Ex. In any event it would cost hundreds to ship I'm guessing. I could bring it to a used equipment shop here in the Boston area, but I'm guessing they'll give me like $400 for it ($1800 new) but frankly it'd be $400 more than I have now. I've put it on Craigslist in the past with zero interest. Any thoughts/ideas would be welcomed.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with Gibson Explorers? My bandmate just got a V (reissue) and I like it a lot more than I thought I would, and have always been a big The Edge fan, so I'd like to try an Explorer. Can't afford an original '76, but I'd like to try one of the reissues from the 90's that are the Edge color.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always found the pickups fairly hot on even the standard Explorer models. Great tone though. Just be really sure of your direction, though - it doesn't lend itself to much anything besides harder rock.

I've been a 335 fan because of its versatility.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
Anybody have experience with Gibson Explorers? My bandmate just got a V (reissue) and I like it a lot more than I thought I would, and have always been a big The Edge fan, so I'd like to try an Explorer. Can't afford an original '76, but I'd like to try one of the reissues from the 90's that are the Edge color.

I am not a fan of Gibson guitars from the 90's. They had issues then. Get one from the 80's or the 2000's.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
2001 Les Paul Standard Plus (flametop) I bought it new.

The amp is a Marshall JCM2000 the 1x10 combo with EL84's. I pulled two of the four out to hit the sweet spot without bothering too many neighbors...

nice. Great amp. I'd have one here, but my walls are too thin so I just use a Valvetronix to keep it quiet or pop in the headphone jack if I get home late (usually the case)

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
oh, I moved another guitar into the city, this one being the '60's Tele Custom Relic.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
oh, I moved another guitar into the city, this one being the '60's Tele Custom Relic.

I have a Danelectro 59-DC reissue up as well. That cheap little thing is pretty awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads