Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Piobaire, Feb 25, 2010.

1. mehhhh

mehhhh Senior member

The only effects I want at the moment are a Crybaby (preferably the 535q), and one of those Tom Morello/Jack White octave generators.

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

2001 Les Paul Standard Plus (flametop) I bought it new.

The amp is a Marshall JCM2000 the 1x10 combo with EL84's. I pulled two of the four out to hit the sweet spot without bothering too many neighbors...

Nobody sells "flametop." Is it a cherry burst? Tobacco burst? Something else? Hard to tell from the pic.

3. gort

gort Senior member

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Current shit:

Ibanez JS-1000 BTB
    EB Music man JP6
    JCM800

On the floor:
    Digitech Whammy
    Crybaby 535Q
    Boss DD-7 & modded DS-1

+ assorted tuners and other stuff

Haven't been putting in the hours as of late, somehow lost my motivation. Guess it's fairly easy to deduce the type of music I dig based on my instrument(s) of choice.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nobody sells "flametop." Is it a cherry burst? Tobacco burst? Something else? Hard to tell from the pic.

The standard plus came out then, what made it "plus" was the fact that it has a maple flametop. The official finish is called Honeyburst.

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

The standard plus came out then, what made it "plus" was the fact that it has a maple flametop. The official finish is called Honeyburst.

'Tis gorgeous. Probably my favorite burst.

7. patrickBOOTH

Oh yes, oh yes. Looks just like what is posted above, except without the tremelo bridge, of course.

8. Bartolo

Bartolo Senior member

I have a crazy guitar amp that is much too much for my needs and am looking for ideas as to how to sell it. It's a Kendrick Black Gold 35 -- it looks like this one: http://www.gear-vault.com/kendrick-black-gold-35-amp/ I could put it up on Ebay, but it weighs a ton and frankly I'm not sure how I'd ship it -- I don't think I can just bring it to the local UPS Store or Fed Ex. In any event it would cost hundreds to ship I'm guessing. I could bring it to a used equipment shop here in the Boston area, but I'm guessing they'll give me like $400 for it ($1800 new) but frankly it'd be $400 more than I have now. I've put it on Craigslist in the past with zero interest. Any thoughts/ideas would be welcomed.

9. guitarpkr76

guitarpkr76 Senior member

Here's a recent pic of my board. Still using My '61 SG or a Jazzmaster through a Gabriel Voxer 18.

[​IMG]

10. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

Anybody have experience with Gibson Explorers? My bandmate just got a V (reissue) and I like it a lot more than I thought I would, and have always been a big The Edge fan, so I'd like to try an Explorer. Can't afford an original '76, but I'd like to try one of the reissues from the 90's that are the Edge color.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I always found the pickups fairly hot on even the standard Explorer models. Great tone though. Just be really sure of your direction, though - it doesn't lend itself to much anything besides harder rock.

I've been a 335 fan because of its versatility.

12. patrickBOOTH

Anybody have experience with Gibson Explorers? My bandmate just got a V (reissue) and I like it a lot more than I thought I would, and have always been a big The Edge fan, so I'd like to try an Explorer. Can't afford an original '76, but I'd like to try one of the reissues from the 90's that are the Edge color.

I am not a fan of Gibson guitars from the 90's. They had issues then. Get one from the 80's or the 2000's.

13. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

2001 Les Paul Standard Plus (flametop) I bought it new.

The amp is a Marshall JCM2000 the 1x10 combo with EL84's. I pulled two of the four out to hit the sweet spot without bothering too many neighbors...

nice. Great amp. I'd have one here, but my walls are too thin so I just use a Valvetronix to keep it quiet or pop in the headphone jack if I get home late (usually the case)

14. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

oh, I moved another guitar into the city, this one being the '60's Tele Custom Relic.

15. patrickBOOTH

oh, I moved another guitar into the city, this one being the '60's Tele Custom Relic.

I have a Danelectro 59-DC reissue up as well. That cheap little thing is pretty awesome.