Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Piobaire, Feb 25, 2010.

1. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

so no pics of the guitar?
    [​IMG] It's a pseudo-Neil Young Old Black but not exactly. Sounds really amazing though, and is incredibly versatile with the P-94 (P-90)/Humbucker combo.

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

[​IMG]

It's a pseudo-Neil Young Old Black but not exactly. Sounds really amazing though, and is incredibly versatile with the P-94 (P-90)/Humbucker combo.

P-90s are my favorite pickups, and that rig looks excellent. What's the blue pedal behind the headstock?

3. origenesprit

P-90s are my favorite pickups, and that rig looks excellent. What's the blue pedal behind the headstock?

Thanks. The blue pedal is a Boss CS-2. I rarely ever use it, not enough space on my pedalboard as it is.

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Thanks. The blue pedal is a Boss CS-2. I rarely ever use it, not enough space on my pedalboard as it is.
    Ah. Those are nice. I have one myself. Great for classic Gilmour fatness. It serves a purpose my other compressors don't.

5. origenesprit

Ah. Those are nice. I have one myself. Great for classic Gilmour fatness. It serves a purpose my other compressors don't.

Yeah my board constantly changes, so I may put it back on.

By the way, also saw an incredible looking '74 Ric 4001 in jetglo at 30th street guitars (looking back looks like you want an azureglo), holy shit that thing was hot. If only I played the bass...

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

By the way, also saw an incredible looking '74 Ric 4001 in jetglo at 30th street guitars (looking back looks like you want an azureglo), holy shit that thing was hot. If only I played the bass...
    Yeah, something like that makes me want to play the bass. Honestly, I think every well-rounded guitarist should have a bass in his rig. People say the 4001 looks and sounds awesome, but many have problems with how they feel.

7. origenesprit

Yeah, something like that makes me want to play the bass. Honestly, I think every well-rounded guitarist should have a bass in his rig. People say the 4001 looks and sounds awesome, but many have problems with how they feel.
    You're probably right (and I would like to have a bass just to have one), but I hate playing the bass. Not that I have any skill at it whatever, but in rock music, which is what my band plays and what I prefer to play/listen to, it is very hard to play appropriately for the style and play in a challenging, interesting way at the same time. What I mean is, the bassist in my band gets bored very quickly playing rock basslines, and to make it interesting will start to slap or solo, which annoys the hell out of the rest of us [​IMG] edit: that's not to discount the incredibly talented rock bassists, John Entwistle, Paul McCartney, Geddy Lee, etc.

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

You're probably right (and I would like to have a bass just to have one), but I hate playing the bass. Not that I have any skill at it whatever, but in rock music, which is what my band plays and what I prefer to play/listen to, it is very hard to play appropriately for the style and play in a challenging, interesting way at the same time. What I mean is, the bassist in my band gets bored very quickly playing rock basslines, and to make it interesting will start to slap or solo, which annoys the hell out of the rest of us [​IMG]

edit: that's not to discount the incredibly talented rock bassists, John Entwistle, Paul McCartney, Geddy Lee, etc.

Yup. If you're the bassist in a Van Halen tribute, you'll die of boredom, but a Yes tribute on the other hand...

9. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

looking for something to mess around with... should i get an prs SE?

What kinda of small practice amp should i pair it with?

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

looking for something to mess around with... should i get an prs SE?

What kinda of small practice amp should i pair it with?

Big can o' worms. What kind of music do you want to play? What's your budget? Are you looking for a guitar you can modify easily? Want good resale value? Have you played other guitars in the past that you've liked/disliked?

We'll talk amps after you've answered some of those questions.

- Keith

11. origenesprit

PRS... [​IMG]

12. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Uh oh - does sound like a big can of worms.

i play a lot of random songs - but most of my time its just jamming to myself on a nice clean sound or perhaps with a bit of overdrive. Probably hard to cater for with that kind of information. I'll just head to the music store!

13. willpower

willpower Senior member

Look at the Orange CR35LDX They're $240. Yes, solid state, but unless you can open up the volume, a tube amp can be too much for home use. [​IMG]

14. origenesprit

Just get a MIM Strat or Tele.

15. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Just get a MIM Strat or Tele.

translation: made-in-Mexico Fender Stratocaster or Fender Telecaster. But +1