• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mechanical pencil
Not really....

I just tried to order a few different jackets from Crane's and almost all were backordered.

Weird - did the website only tell you items were backordered after you went all the way through placing the order? There's no indication on the site that any of the jackets I want are unavailable, as far as I can see.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We sell a ton of Filson. Generally if we don't have something it takes two days for Filson to get it to us. The problem you're experiencing is because Filson has none in stock. This is something new to us as well. We never had this problem in the past.

broken_oracle

Reaction score
yup, paid for a double mac about a month ago & am still waiting, via Crane's, on the Filson Factory to fill the order.

and Najee D. - thanks for the details. I'm heading up to the northside later for my friend's Superbowl shindig, maybe I'll leave a bit early and swing by Belmont & Clark, see what's on offer. That 20% discount would be more like 10% though, what with Chicago's ridiculous 10.25% sales tax.

~*~​

Now I know this is a menswear arena, but if anyone has advice on Filson rainwear for women, I'd love to hear it. My wife's tired of getting raincoats that turn out to not be waterproof at all (usually variations on a trenchcoat, a design she loves), and I'd like to get her a proper raincoat for spring. One problem is she's very petite (5'2" & 105 lbs) and they don't seem to offer much in ladies' XS. Maybe the women's tin cloth field jacket with a hood? (style #20006). I can find that combo online for ~$300

bagnallb

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone could comment on the difference in style between the Mackinaw Cruiser and the Double Mackinaw Cruiser. Is the Double less appropriate for around town (cape not stylish, more bulky, more boxshaped, etc.) or do they fit and look the same for the most part?
Thanks

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ double mac is definitly more bulky and "weird looking", but if its ok around town is another thing.

broken_oracle

Reaction score
This is specifically regarding the Shelter Cloth Jacket (423N).

I wear between a 38 & a 40 size jacket. Tried on one of these today where a Large was the smallest size the store had available. The sleeve length was perfect but the body of the jacket much too large. According to Filson's size guidelines I should be wearing a medium or even a small. I'm sure the sleeves on a small would be too short, but I'm wondering if there's that much difference between those on a medium and a large.

Can anyone offer insight here? Crane's? In the end I'd probably be ordering from you anyway...

Thanks,
Matt

click here

Reaction score
Question about the Filson 256 bag.
The site says Handgrip available for $10.00, installed for $20.00 (this is not a custom order). Was wondering whether I should get the first or second option? Is it difficult to install the handgrips? Why is the installed option so much more expensive?

Wilfried

Reaction score
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Filson is running a summer sale from their website.

Does anyone have an opinion on their shelter cloth bomber jacket?

broken_oracle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wilfried
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Filson is running a summer sale from their website.

Does anyone have an opinion on their shelter cloth bomber jacket?

I did notice the summer sale, sweet deals there. I've never seen a shelter cloth bomber jacket in person, but photos online of the back show a drawstring cinch along the bottom hem, which is not really my style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads