• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

laughter95

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JN41
So if the 256 holds a macbook comfortably is there any need to go to the 257? I'm in the market for one of the two but not sure which to get...

idk, never seen a 257 in real life, but i know i don't want anything heavier than this 256. the bulk (or compactness, depending on how u look at it) is perfect for me. add a handle grip thing and it's perfect.

Fiddy

Reaction score
I purchased the 257 initially and ended up replacing it with the 256. Unless you're hauling a metric ton of stuff, the 256 is perfect IMO.

Napoleon

Reaction score
I own a Filson Medium Field Bag, which I bought this summer from Copenhagen. Great bag, I use it for school everyday. Only thing that I find negative is the opening of the bag. That it's a bit smaller, but I've thought of sewing it up some time soon so that bigger books can fit in it.

insideman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh
looking at the dimensions for the 258 and thanks to your response Skree, I can safely assume I need to replace my 257 with a 258
Anyone interested in a swap? I'll make a thread in the market sooner or later
I might just wind up buying one in otter green and having the 257 as an alternate although i would hate for it to collect dust

what color is your 257?

js0930

Reaction score
just fyi, filson.com just put a some stuff on discount, so might be worth taking a look (especially if you want this stuff for hunting/shooting).

the_state

Reaction score
Originally Posted by js0930
just fyi, filson.com just put a some stuff on discount, so might be worth taking a look (especially if you want this stuff for hunting/shooting).

what kinda ****?

js0930

Reaction score
shooting jackets, gloves some other stuff. just go to the website and click on web specials.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTB a Filson 256 - preferably Otter Green. Condition doesn't really matter. PM me.

Wilfried

Reaction score
Originally Posted by js0930
One of the sale items is a lined oil finish timberline jacket. It looks like it might a useful spring/fall jacket. Does anyone have an opinion on it?

Are there any free shipping coupons about these days? All the ones I turned up seem to be expired.

js0930

Reaction score
i've seen it in person. the jacket is very useful, with a few caveats. Tin cloth is heavy and stiff until it breaks in. Then it's just heavy. but it's practically bulletproof. It's not very fitted. Filson makes their stuff to be useful field gear, not SF-approved streetwear. That said, it will outlast anything else comparable, it's waterproof and you're only out shipping if you don't like it. If i hadn't gotten a close-out foul weather jacket, i probably would have gotten bought this jacket. the only thing i would consider, if you're a medium, is this. I own the jacket version and it's much lighter/more practical if you're only going to wear it for streetwear.

Branded

Reaction score
I just copped the Filson x Apolis Activism briefcase. The quality and feel of this bag is amazing. This is my first Filson bag and i'm sure i will buy more in the future.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crane's seems to have most (all?) the jackets in stock. Use the discounts. The jackets run boxy and large. I've been trying to decide which jacket to buy for two weeks and can't seem to make a decision, they all have pluses and minuses. Too many choices.

mechanical pencil

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
Crane's seems to have most (all?) the jackets in stock.

Not really....

I just tried to order a few different jackets from Crane's and almost all were backordered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads