• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

According to Fox Sports, it's going to be NIU knocking out Louisville for the Orange Bowl spot. This saves the Big 12 from getting slaughtered in 2 BCS bowls.

Yeah, I saw that. What a joke of a bowl, but it's hard for me to argue that the ACC champ deserves any better this season.

Last edited:

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone from my facebook feed who claims to have insider information is claiming that Jimbo Fisher is going to Auburn and that it will be announced on Wednesday.

I'm skeptical, but unfounded rumors from people who claim to have insider intel can be fun to think about, right?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh, the bowl match-ups are pretty awful this year. Pat Forde has an article that talked about them, and most of them are utterly unwatchable.

Someone from my facebook feed who claims to have insider information is claiming that Jimbo Fisher is going to Auburn and that it will be announced on Wednesday.
I'm skeptical, but unfounded rumors from people who claim to have insider intel can be fun to think about, right?

This rumor has been going around for a while, as has the rumor that he's going to Tennessee.

Auburn kind of makes sense, given Fisher's ties there, but I can't imagine anyone with any name recognition wanting the job right now. Tennessee might be better, given it hasn't fallen quite as far and isn't facing an NCAA investigation, but things aren't great there, either. I'll be curious to see how it all shakes out. On their face, both of those jobs are destination positions, but neither is quite as attractive they would have been in years past.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being that I played LB when I was in HS, I'm rooting for Manti but in all likelihood it's going to Johnny Football. I'm actually okay if any of the 3 win it this year since there isn't really a clear cut favorite.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Being that I played LB when I was in HS, I'm rooting for Manti but in all likelihood it's going to Johnny Football. I'm actually okay if any of the 3 win it this year since there isn't really a clear cut favorite.

I'd like to see Johnny Football win it on the basis of his stats and wins, but there seems to be an anti-Freshman bias among voters (or at least it's been mentioned enough times) so I'm not holding my breath. The fact that ND is in the championship game makes me think Teo has a strong chance.

Funny enough, a FOAF on FB was mouthing off about Johnny Football not being All That because he hasn't beaten Texas. He was roundly pilloried for his comment.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D Peterson should have been the first freshman to win it without a doubt. He was robbed that year. Hopefully this is the year voters can get over their freshman or defense bias.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They'll give it to teo to pump up the story (propaganda) and then lacy/yeldon will run ALL OVER his ass and he'll finish the season on the brownest note ever. I will lulz.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brett Bielema to Arkansas. I didn't think Arkansas is a step up from Wisconsin. I always figured they were on the same tier.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My guess on the Heisman is that it will go to Manziel, but I don't feel strongly about that, especially since Te'o is probably an attractive pick for the narrative.

Turns out they were wrong - Malzahn is headed back to Auburn.

Brett Bielema to Arkansas. I didn't think Arkansas is a step up from Wisconsin. I always figured they were on the same tier.

I think the ceiling is higher at Arkansas, but I agree it's not an enormous upgrade.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give the Heisman to Te'o. The award is supposed to go to the "most outstanding football player," not the "QB/RB with the best statistics." If A.J. McCarron throws a touchdown rather than an interception at the end of the Alabama-Texas A&M football game, are we even having this discussion?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think the ceiling is higher at Arkansas, but I agree it's not an enormous upgrade.

Who really would want to play Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M every year (plus whoever from the East)? That's an ugly position to have to earn a job in.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
The Big Ten just lost a coach that has been to three straight Rose Bowls to the 4th or 5th best job in the SEC West. Let that sink in.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Big Ten just lost a coach that has been to three straight Rose Bowls to the 4th or 5th best job in the SEC West. Let that sink in.

THIS!

It's hard for someone like me to get into the head of a highly-competitive alpha male big time college football coach.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score

I'd like to see Johnny Football win it on the basis of his stats and wins, but there seems to be an anti-Freshman bias among voters (or at least it's been mentioned enough times) so I'm not holding my breath. The fact that ND is in the championship game makes me think Teo has a strong chance.
Funny enough, a FOAF on FB was mouthing off about Johnny Football not being All That because he hasn't beaten Texas. He was roundly pilloried for his comment.

My daughter just got accepted at Texas. I told her she couldn't go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads