New Object Research - The Aitor Throup Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Just saw this interview posted on the Aitor Throup Studio Facebook page and thought I would share.

A lot of previously covered material, but he does go a little bit more into detail on his process which I found pretty cool...and some football.

http://www.kulbritania.com/en/news/691-aitor-throup-the-portrait-of-an-artist-interview-part-1

Part 1

Part 2 is here.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  2. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

NOWNESS relaunched with a very cool video featuring Aitor casting Noomi Rapace for one of his mesh sculptures. Very insightful look into the process and another facet of the New Object Research design philosophy.

Trailer

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Full video and article here - https://www.nowness.com/story/noomi-rapace-by-aitor-throup

@Kiet Tran

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  3. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

And it looks like the collaboration between Aitor Throup and Flying Lotus continued!

AT designed and produced a modular skull mask for FlyLo's "You're Dead" tour and it came out pretty cool I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Full interview here

Looking forward to seeing the suit he designs for Flying Lotus as well.

I am still saving up pennies so I can commission AT Studio to make something for me :slayer:.

4. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

The skull (sans fringe) looks a bit like a fighter-pilot face mask in a cool way.

But the performance-specific eye lighting doesn't seem particularly fresh, umpteen years after Daft Punk and Deadmaus.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014