• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could it be that yours are on global shipping program and crafts aren’t? Often makes a difference
As Crafty says, I’m strictly UK only. I sent a couple of pairs overseas through this forum, without making a profit. I am happy I made those people happy, but I now feel I could have made a few quid. They are surprisingly popular. Or maybe unsurprisingly, as they have that quality, timeless heritage character going on. However I haven’t had as much success with the kudu suede Woodstock. I think they would go better if they had a rubber sole.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opposite, mine are and his aren’t. Strange. Had lots of weird questions!

Found them both on eBay, maybe your higher initial price is less appealing? Obviously I appreciate yours are brand new. Could be the lower price range is where more people are willing to take a punt.

eBay can be hard to fathom sometimes. I’ve had some items way outperform my expectations and others do really poorly when I thought they’d do great.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found them both on eBay, maybe your higher initial price is less appealing? Obviously I appreciate yours are brand new. Could be the lower price range is where more people are willing to take a punt.

eBay can be hard to fathom sometimes. I’ve had some items way outperform my expectations and others do really poorly when I thought they’d do great.
I’m convinced it’s the description and the images that are the issue. Not to worry, Crafty’s now onto a winner. Yep yep. :D

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The natural lighting does help. Obviously can be difficult this time of year in the UK
I was surprised when the size 9 sold for £250. Not quite as a successful with the size 8 - which is expected - but not far off. The Monty boots have helped justify some of my spending this year, taking away a bit of the sting.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed.

I’m not that fussed about them going in truth. If they went, they went. I did fancy a custom resole in leather and Dainite so watch this space..

That would be good. You’d obviously lose some of the comfort but they’d be more versatile.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed.

I’m not that fussed about them going in truth. If they went, they went. I did fancy a custom resole in leather and Dainite so watch this space..
I enquired about having them resoled and recoloured to a dark brown. They don’t do recolour suede I’m afraid. Which is a good job because I was willing to fork out to get my Dad’s boots worked on, only for him to tell me they are too big on him now. (He urged me to sell them on eBay...) :-/

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2D074407-50B9-4AFB-A756-6F28B5004E10.jpeg

Closest thing I have to a crepe sole is these, my 3 year old red wings. It is quite a low profile compared to other red wing wedge soles which I like. Really comfy and bouncy sole and also seems hard wearing which is unusual for this type of sole. Should get at least another 2 years of wear out of them at current rate.

These were my first GYW footwear and I now tend to prefer English shoes, especially Trickers and C&J although I do still like some American offerings.

Is the dislike for the crepe due to the fact that it marks easily?

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1088903
Closest thing I have to a crepe sole is these, my 3 year old red wings. It is quite a low profile compared to other red wing wedge soles which I like. Really comfy and bouncy sole and also seems hard wearing which is unusual for this type of sole. Should get at least another 2 years of wear out of them at current rate.

These were my first GYW footwear and I now tend to prefer English shoes, especially Trickers and C&J although I do still like some American offerings.

Yep, because it marks. The thing is, Americans - and those who know about such footwear - like them when they get the dirty look. It’s all part of the character. But if you don’t get it, you don’t get it. Judging by what I see here, yeah, they have another two years left in them... two years before they might need a resole. Then you’ll get another 5 years. :D

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, because it marks. The thing is, Americans - and those who know about such footwear - like them when they get the dirty look. It’s all part of the character. But if you don’t get it, you don’t get it. Judging by what I see here, yeah, they have another two years left in them... two years before they might need a resole. Then you’ll get another 5 years. :D

Yeah, I think they’ll last a fair while yet. At 3 years old with moderate wear they’re still rock solid and leather is showing negligible sign of wear.

I expect my Trickers to hold up at least as well. I tend to treat them a bit more gently than the red wings although I am happy to use them on country tracks and the like in all weather. They are country footwear after all

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1088903

Looks dirty too quickly. Damn comfortable though.

I have it on the Leo in suede and Woodstock in suede too. Leo and
Trickers sale is live. Kind of underwhelming tbh.
https://www.trickers.com/row/sale/show/all.html
basically the outlet stock minus any discount!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads