1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Grove

Grove Senior member

I wear size 9 in WL 107F Field Boots and Trickers 4497.

2. Munky

Munky Senior member

I do worry about shoes, sometimes. My red Boughton's are, very quickly, wearing down at the heel. I popped into a local cobbler, today and they said they couldn't replace the rubber bits, but only the whole heel. I am going to ask another one who has been working with shoes for decades. Otherwise, it will be back to Tricker's for a refit. Six months of very conservative wearing doesn't seem a lot of time to wear down the heels. [​IMG]

Fuck me. How much do you have to spend?

3. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

They'll need to replace the bottom heel-piece (including the rubber and the leather portions) and not the entire heel (which would be ridiculous). If you strike your heels particularly hard, adding "heel taps" might be worthwhile.

4. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I have the Tug of War boots http://rufflander.co.uk/shop/heritage-footwear/78-tug-of-war-boots/ , and 12 is pretty good fit (which the left boot was a little longer). I am looking at a size 12 in the 4444 last for Trickers, thinking I need any extra length if the toe tapers. Makes sense?

5. Munky

Munky Senior member

Thanks for that, Sleepy. The cobbler did mention heel taps but don't they throw out the balance of the shoe? At £400 a pair, its seems a lot to pay to have taps fitted so quickly. Also, wouldn't I be clicking along like a pony?

I've got much older Loake's which have barely any wear on the heels.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i put screws or plastic toe taps in all of my trickers. really does the trick (careful though will scratch soft surfaces)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  7. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Having the shoes reheeled may provide you with a harder wearing heel. As has been mentioned it should not be necessary to replace the entire, seek another cobbler.

I have a pair of vintage Florsheims with a metal v-cleat in the heel and they can be interesting to wear - noise, slip risk, damage to flooring, etc. Having a more substantial tap on the heel would not be for me.

8. Munky

Munky Senior member

Thanks, guys. I will reconsider my options!

9. tricky

tricky Senior member

10. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

11. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Im going with Orange. I've seen pics of that color before- it is fantastic.

12. tricky

tricky Senior member

Is it versatile and wearable to biz casual work environment? It doesn't look "orange"

13. tricky

tricky Senior member

Also...you guys size down 1 from US size?

14. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

Cipresso looks like green?

I think the Orange is the standout colour - it's not really orange though, looks more like tan.

They look great, but are they £575 great?

15. tricky

tricky Senior member

Wondering the same...am I better off with Viberg or Alden at this price point (having never owned Viberg or Trickers)

16. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

There is also VAT back for non-uk customers, no? I had a pair of Tricker's teak cordovan. The cordovan quality is pretty good. Doesn't have the same acrylic finish as Alden cordovan. The finishing was better than Alden. But the 4497 is a strange last for me. I bought 1 size down from US and the length was ok, but a bit wide. Very comfortable at the start. Then as the boot breaks in, I started to get some downward pinching on my lateral toes. I thought it was just one pair, then it happened again on another pair of 4497. The feeling just never went away for me so they boots had to go. I now prefer to stick with Alden as I haven't had this experience with them.

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

tricker lasts are a bit strange. ive tried the 4444, 4497, and the 2298 none of them fit me that great. 4497 feels too short, 2298 tight across the vamp, and 4444 tts too big, when sized down 1/2 too short

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

19. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Cipresso is dark green.
    [​IMG]

Orange is pretty orange in bright sun but looks sort of tan in other light. (Burgundy on the right.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mogano.
    [​IMG]

575GBP goes down to about 479GBP once you take off VAT.
    YMMV with customs charges. Looks like they ship to US via FedEx so figure 8.5% customs + possible $25ish fees.

2 people like this.