• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
By request, some pics of an 81 last boot.

9 hole cap toe from Paul and Friends.

Compared to Allan on 4497.

And suede Tanks on 4497.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sweet collection! Something about that suede tanker reminds me almost of a Common Project makeup if they did a boot

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
By request, some pics of an 81 last boot.

9 hole cap toe from Paul and Friends.

Compared to Allan on 4497.

And suede Tanks on 4497.

Thank you for the great pictures. I am definitely getting an 81 last boot. I have a hermann on the 4497 and love it as a casual boot.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone here have the "not-stow" boot from sierra trading post?
jut wondering how they hold up and stuff, how those broke in etc etc.

vchau76

Reaction score
I suggest a neutral creme and wax to protect them from rain and what not, if you are looking to keep the color try a lighter shade creme, I believe Saphir makes a 'Tan' color, I find the light brown creme darkens the Acorn color a bit. If you do go with light brown or a tan creme apply it to the boot tongue first to see the results.

Just a quick question, how do these fit?

Hey Rainbowgrease, sorry for the delay in responding. I purchased a UK7 and normally wear a US 8 (aldens grant and barrie last) and they fit nicely. Although they are ever so slightly rooming in the toe area, but I'm fine with it since I wear thick socks. I have only worn them a few time since its been snowing constantly hear in Philly and so I have been wearing my Danner boots nearly everyday.

docalden2013

Reaction score
@docalden2013

Green longwings if you wanted another green pair:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tricker-039...S-SIZES-/181328229058?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Seller is good I've bought from him before
Thanks stevent! Sadly, they don't have my size anymore.

Speaking of aniline green, today my wife kissed me as I left for work and noted that the green stows I was wearing were her favorite pair among my collection. She even through in her best Uncle Mac (from the Alden thread) impression, wishing that I would "wear them in great health." Among a collection of over 30 pairs of shoes, many of them shell cordovan, she likes one of my less expensive pairs. Go figure! And she wasn't the only one today feeling the green. 3 random women in different places today stopped me and said that they loved the green boots.

Here's hoping someone else has the good fortune to snag those longwings...

Carson

Reaction score
Thanks stevent! Sadly, they don't have my size anymore.

Speaking of aniline green, today my wife kissed me as I left for work and noted that the green stows I was wearing were her favorite pair among my collection. She even through in her best Uncle Mac (from the Alden thread) impression, wishing that I would "wear them in great health." Among a collection of over 30 pairs of shoes, many of them shell cordovan, she likes one of my less expensive pairs. Go figure! And she wasn't the only one today feeling the green. 3 random women in different places today stopped me and said that they loved the green boots.

Here's hoping someone else has the good fortune to snag those longwings...
Speaking of green Tricker's I would *SO* love to get my hands on a pair of these:

Carson

Reaction score
I like the perforated cap toe. Would have preferred a light welt.

Where is this pic from?
Hey - It was a collaboration between Junya Watanabe and Tricker's -- I believe END and Mr. Porter might have had it at the time … maybe sometime early-mid 2013. At the time they were going for - oh i can't recall - $700? $800? It was far too much for me back then, but a lot of things have changed since then! Now, I wouldn't think twice…would love to do an MTO on that one...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads