• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, and I'm 5'8-9 and 150, 36" chest if anyone could help me with sizing. I'd like to go with a 34 bedale right now i think or a Small ashby..? Does that sound right?

i am a 39/40 chest I got a 38 classic bedale. and Medium Ashby fits me just slim and fine.

bingebag

Reaction score
So if I was content to wait 1 calendar year to get the best deal on a Beaufort jacket on the internet:

Where would I get it?
When would I get it?
What price would it be?

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a PSA:

North River Outfitters has been regularly running a 25% off code this summer (last one was "USA" - may or may not still be active). It's been being utilized over in the Alden shoes thread, but they carry a decent amount of Barbour product too. Was considering a Bedale w/ the last sale but for lack of funds. If I catch wind of any more discounts this summer, it shall be posted.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, and I'm 5'8-9 and 150, 36" chest if anyone could help me with sizing. I'd like to go with a 34 bedale right now i think or a Small ashby..? Does that sound right?

Im a 38" chest and 5'7 and I wear a 34" Bedale if it has a liner in it. I can get away with a 32" Bedale if theres no liner without it being too tight. I have a size 34 for sale right now (check my sig)

mystix

Reaction score
Cornbread, we are the same size and ashby in small will fit good.

I also got an international and the 34 fits me perfectly.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im a 38" chest and 5'7 and I wear a 34" Bedale if it has a liner in it. I can get away with a 32" Bedale if theres no liner without it being too tight. I have a size 34 for sale right now (check my sig)

Interesting. If I am a 38" chest, 5'5" and 150lbs, do you think I would be able to get away with a 34" Beaufort? I'm assuming that the Bedale and Beaufort are cut the same.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In on this thread...ive wanted a barbour jacket for quite some time...probably just a liddesdale can't decide in navy or black...but i would like a longer jacket for rain walpole or bearer maybe.

john_berklee1

Reaction score
If anyone happens to have a size Medium of the To Ki To Summer Bicycle Jacket (in stone only) that they'd be willing to part with,... :smarmy:

I missed my chance on one about a year or so ago, still regretting not purchasing it.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody get their hands on the McQueen Desert Jacket? They are available at a pretty good discount and I like the color but I wonder about the pre-distressing. Is it as durable as the standard International? Does it differ from the International in any other way(s)? For instance, is it lighter or heavier weight waxed cotton? Thanks for any thoughts.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just based on the image, it doesn't really look waxed at all - almost like suede if mine eyes don't deceive me.

Or perhaps corduroy-weight cotton.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just based on the image, it doesn't really look waxed at all - almost like suede if mine eyes don't deceive me.
Or perhaps corduroy-weight cotton.

It's waxed (from Barbour):

"Desert Jacket
Steve McQueen
2122.png
Collection
A multi-pocketed distressed 8oz sylkoil wax jacket inspired from the original A7."

Edited to Add:

However, I thought the same thing until I read the description. I already have a lightweight (what Barbour terms flyweight) Sapper in a 4 oz Sylkoil. I keep looking at old International's but want something other than Black. This caught my eye, especially when I saw the sale prices available right now.

Last edited:

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody get their hands on the McQueen Desert Jacket? They are available at a pretty good discount and I like the color but I wonder about the pre-distressing. Is it as durable as the standard International? Does it differ from the International in any other way(s)? For instance, is it lighter or heavier weight waxed cotton? Thanks for any thoughts.

Dont have that one but I do have the Washington Jacket which is pretty similar. I love it. Theres not much predistressing, it basically looks like the jacket had a wash

MrSmith

Reaction score
One of my favourite jackets is this, a Barbour Sapper waxed jacket. It's fairly heavy - 6oz - but very comfortable.

I have two, one in M and one in L. The fit of Barbour jackets seems problematic... shoulders seem smaller than you expect and gut larger.
if anybody wants to buy one of them (in LARGE RUSTIC) let me know.
smile.gif

My most favourite barbour is the pegasus, 8oz, with popper detachable hood and waist belt - very hard to find now though sadly if you want one. Does anyone else own one other than me on SF ?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if I've ever seen pics of a Pegasus - please do post!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads