Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I hit the Milford store today. They just marked down a bunch of Bedale/Beaufort. Normally $259 to under $200, maybe $159 or $179, IIRC.

2. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Anyone know of good places in Canada to check out Barbour coats? I was in the UK recently but for some silly reason did not go looking for a jacket.

3. avery

avery Senior member

stollery's, jonathan and olivia. club monaco had them at one point not sure if they do anymore.

4. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Last time I was in NH they told me Barbour was raising all their outlet prices on everything to half of retail. I was wondering how that would effect the Bedales/Beauforts which were already priced at $250 and retail is only $375 usually.

5. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in and let you all know that we have a nice big selection of barbour jackets up here in Maine; our Barbour shop works close to HQ so we can often order things we dont have right on site and we have a good selection in shop including many Tokito, McQueen and Temperly Gold Label styles. hit us up on our affiliate thread or feel free to email Rori (our Barbour manager) at [email protected]

I've posted some of our tokito stuff up on the affiliate; will be shooting mcqueen, temperly, and some mainline gear but if you guys want to know anything about a jacket we'll try to help you out!

6. adebisi

adebisi Senior member

I didn't see this great thread.

Check my posts, I'm selling some barbour jackets (samples).

7. Edgein

Edgein Senior member

I have a hood from a Burberry waxed cotton jacket, 3 snaps v 4 for Barbour, I understand. Free to a good home, if you pay for shipping. Anyone interested? Thanks.

8. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Has anybody ever successfully tapered the sleeves on a Bedale?

9. cornbread

cornbread Member

Does anyone have any experience with the barbour ashby? It says on their site that it's a modern rework of the bedale, and I've read around that that just means it is a slimmer cut. Would it be a good idea for a skinny guy to go with the ashby over the bedale?

Also, does anyone know if countryattire.com is legit? they have barbour stuff among a wide range of other items and brands, and I don't see them on the counterfeit list on barbour's site.

Thanks!

10. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Just get a smaller Bedale? Theyre easier to find

11. mystix

mystix Well-Known Member

Country Attire appears to be legit, I would wait for their 10% off sale which happens ever 3 months or so. Its nice also how they bundle a free gift after a certain amount spent.

I recently purchased an Ashby one sale and it fits quite slim. At first I was concerned that it was quite short, but it will cover any blazer and suit jacket that I would wear.

Don't think I can add the liner as it would be too tight.

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

When I tried on the medium Ashby I find to too slim for me to wear my blazer or suit jacket under it and I ended up with classic bedale which covers almost all of my blazer or suit jacket.

13. dougie

dougie Senior member

Country attire is indeed legit. I got my sapper from them a few years ago, and in addition to being the cheapest source for that model at the time (even with international shipping) they threw in a pretty great scarf.

14. cornbread

cornbread Member

Cool - I'll wait for the 10% off sale. Thanks for all the replies.

Would you guys suggest the Olive colour or the Rustic one? For the Ashby, all of the colours come in sylkoil on countryattire, and only the olive bedale comes in sylkoil. I'm partial to the sylkoil coating, because I heard it wears better. Anyways, I'm pretty much debating between those two colours right now, and I'm not sure which I'm going to go with. I know the olive bedale is as classic as barbour comes pretty much, but Iwas wondering if the Rustic might be a more versatile colour...? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton!

15. cornbread

cornbread Member

Oh, and I'm 5'8-9 and 150, 36" chest if anyone could help me with sizing. I'd like to go with a 34 bedale right now i think or a Small ashby..? Does that sound right?