1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

On checkout. Right before completing the transaction.

2. JosephD

JosephD Well-Known Member

Ah I see, thanks. Might have to cop one of these, been wanting one for a while. Do you know if there's any difference between rustic and olive other than the color?

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Cross post from Cluc Monaco thread. This is a local PSA for the Club Monaco flagship store on 5th avenue and 21st street in NY.

They have Barbour International jackets in Black for $299. Not sure if the additional 30% off they are doing applies to it. Pretty full size run. As of yesterday when I visited they had 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44.

They also had a Navy Bedale in 42 for $379.

4. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Was able to try on a Bedale yesterday at Club Monaco, but not sure if it is long enough to cover a sportscoat now. Will have to see how long the Beaufort is.

5. JosephD

JosephD Well-Known Member

Ah I see, thanks. Probably gonna have to cop one. Been wanting one for a while and this deal is so good. I assume the only difference between rustic and olive is the color right?

6. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

I assume so, although they don't make it clear on the website b/c it is possible that one is thornproof and the other sylkoil.

7. SeaGriffin

SeaGriffin Senior member

Good to hear, thanks.
    Perhaps they updated it or perhaps they had a 'false' code for "LABOR DAY" floating around.

8. althanis

althanis Senior member

I really hate that place, they act all snobby. But then, I won't feel bad if I go in and try all their shit on and buy it online.

9. happyrock

happyrock Member

10. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Does anyone know if the Barbour store in Soho, NYC offers student discounts? Do they offer it at all stores?

11. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Need some quick help. I'm considering a To Ki To Sporting Quilt and I'm unsure on sizing. I'm a 43" chest with a 33" waist. I take a Medium in most outerwear in general brands, a size 50 in Nigel Cabourn and a size Large (UK large) in Woolrich John Rich and Bros. The To Ki To Sporting Quilt means I'd need an XL based on the chest measurements (as I can tell), but I'm concerned it will be big everywhere else such as the sleeve, shoulder, etc. Anyone have any thoughts or know how these fit?

12. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

The Tokito stuff runs fairly slim by Barbour standards but I find it to be true to size. If you need a large or XL, i have both

13. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

What's the difference betwene Bedale, Beaufort, Bristol and Martindale?

Which wax jacket, that looks like the ones I mentioned, is the slimmest and shortest?

I'm 5'7'' and 120 lbs with a 35'' chest, and which size should I choose?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  14. pelican

pelican Well-Known Member

you would be size small I guess. Medium in barbour is about 40". Even the small might be big on you

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  15. althanis

althanis Senior member

I went to Sporting Life to try on different Barbour jackets, and they were all too big and boxy on me, even the Small and Size 34s :-(. The manager actually suggested I check out the ladies section. Ideas? I'm really skinny, and wear S in Gitman Bros.

16. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

barbour is english cut which is usually boxy. you wont get a taper fit in these coats

17. Casparell

Casparell New Member

Hello (and sorry for my bad english):
    This seems to be the correct thread.

About Barbour Fitting/Size:

I wear a Barbour Beauford in 36 and it fits very well.
    Would the Barbour Duracotton Polarquilt fit best for me in Size S or eben XS?

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

18. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Barbour bedale comes in number sizes with 30" as the smallest size.

19. dron

dron Senior member

How good are Barbour at making wool coats? I'm looking to buy a wool coat for this winter and was considering Lindisfarne or Hatchlands. Are they worth the price? I'm a bit unsure on the quality as they are only 70 % wool and Barbour's main thing is wax.
    Are there better options? (I live in Denmark and want to buy in UK/EU)
    Thanks

20. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

What are peoples preferences between linsdale, langley and drigg?

Still want the merton...but want to see one in person before I spend over 400 on a jacket.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012