• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

bensolujofin

Reaction score
Flannels have just gone live with a few new SS13 pieces - Hockey Polo's new and they are the only ones that seem to have the Indigo denim Notch Lapel Jacket.

no 46's so 'Sad face' - if I knew how to do it

Also Ushowu have re-shot a few of their SS12 pieces which are still at their sale prices which really shows them off well - love the camo pants !

I have always thought their photos for the website do not do any justice to the clothes at all - too dark, gloomy and soulless. These are a massive improvement.

That's all from 'Cabourn Watch' for now!

You're right about Ushowu and the big ungainly Dutch model doesn't help either.

I'm going to pop in one of these days, Maastricht is only about 45 mins from me, there's quite a bit from SS12 which I've got my eye on, and the prices aren't bad.

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
You're right about Ushowu and the big ungainly Dutch model doesn't help either.

I'm going to pop in one of these days, Maastricht is only about 45 mins from me, there's quite a bit from SS12 which I've got my eye on, and the prices aren't bad.
Ha Ha - yes very true - a slimmer 'clothes hanger' of a model would be much better with a white back drop.

I think the poor photos have definitely contributed to the fact they still have a lot of previous seasons inventory in even though the sale prices are excellent.

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Latest from Cabourn Watch

Just heard from Nigel's right hand man that the Nigel Cabourn e commerce site will be at least another week away from launch

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some new drops on End and some good prices if you get to deduct VAT. Cape Cameraman in a 46. That and the Unlined Parka and the Bowers are good deals.

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Some new drops on End and some good prices if you get to deduct VAT. Cape Cameraman in a 46. That and the Unlined Parka and the Bowers are good deals.
Thanks for spotting yes the Unlined Parka is a real gem - 1 left in size 54 at £449 UK price.

It doesn't look too thrilling in the photos and didn't sell well at the full price - Flannels still have the navy and Present sold the navy in their sales but it is sheer quality and is great for a waterproof coat over layers in Winter or in Spring Summer because it is unlined.

There is an internal belt with the buckle from the Cold Weather Parka to nip it in at the waist, a delicious Ri Ri zip, wooden toggles from the Cold Weather and Antarctic Parka. Rear zipped pockets and large buttons to die for which really stand out on the light coloured version. Just a shame it looks so plain in the photos but it is a fantastic classic that will get plenty of wear in all seasons.

And of course its 100 percent Ventile - this is no cheap coat!

I take a 46 but bought this in a 48 so I could wear it over Mallorys

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Thanks for the links previously Eric. I'm thinking I'll probably give those trousers a miss and go for the Engineered Garments Fatigues.

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Latest from 'Cabourn Watch'

the Nigel Cabourn Converse collaboration 'plimsolls' (I love that word -so retro) or 'Gym Shoe' are likely to hit shops early April.

Endclothing have a near exclusive in the UK and they will be allowed to put them on their website for international sales.

In the meantime - history of the 'plimsoll' to whet your appetite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plimsoll_shoe

There is very little evidence on what these 'Gym shoes' will look like but there was talk of using Ventile as the cotton uppers and i don't have any inside track but here is what some think they will look like

As to price - I expect around £170-£190 ish at a guess based on what I know about wholesale prices and shop margins

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Thanks for the links previously Eric. I'm thinking I'll probably give those trousers a miss and go for the Engineered Garments Fatigues.
Yes its a bit of a 'no go' if they are only available in Japan - its way too difficult and pricey unless you are actually visiting

How about trying to find a pair of genuine army surplus?

Nigel Has a fantastic pair of extremely rare Luftwaffe Channel pants from WW2 that Drew wore in the AW13 photo shoot that look amazing.

Last edited:

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Yes its a bit of a 'no go' if they are only available in Japan - its way too difficult and priccy unless you are actually visiting

How about trying to find a pair of genuine army surplus?

Nigel Has a fantastic pair of extremely rare Luftwaffe Channel pants from WW2 that Drew wore in the AW13 photo shoot that look amazing.

To be honest, it was probably more the colour that I really liked rather than the style. I'm sure if I seen them in person they would be really cool but I sometimes find cargo's give off the wrong idea. It would be good to see how Drew rocked them if you have a link?

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
I was going to put a post regarding Nigel's Luftwaffe Channel pants and how he's used them as inspiration for the AW13 Aircraft jacket so you have just reminded me

Here is a picture of a beaming Mr Cabourn having just procured them for his vintage collection while he was in Florence at Pitti alongside a plate of a German pilot from 1943-44

These are incredibly rare trousers

Here is a slide from the AW13 (FW13) photoshoot - look at Drew's Troos

Now look at the new style bellow pockets on the above AW13 Aircraft jacket - the size, shape, proportion and fastening

And to think some people wonder why I get so enthused about Nigel Cabourn clothing !!!??

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
Wow, I started chuckling at the photo of Nigel and the trousers (then I noticed he was just holding them up in front of him and managed to rein it in a little), then my eyes fell upon the German pilot! Massive chortle! We're not talking the macho men of the Luftwaffe here, more like a failed audition for the Willage Pfeople! (work with me on that one...)

Drew looks pretty cool though.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should hopefully be expanding my Cabourn collection to legwear this weekend - I've picked up a couple of pairs of the Selvedge Workwear Pants. I'm hoping the sellers measurements are correct because my previous attempts with his legwear haven't been successful... If they fit my slightly larger than desirable waist, the next consideration is do I wear them as wide legged as Nigel intended or do I get the legs tapered.

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
If they fit my slightly larger than desirable waist, the next consideration is do I wear them as wide legged as Nigel intended or do I get the legs tapered.

My thinking is that if you're not going to wear them as they were made, why buy them? Of course, I do wonder about the sense in this point of view when I'm wandering around in my tweed Bombay pants. I do not feel as dapper as the model at Superdenim looks! :) (http://www.superdenim.co.uk/feature-detail.asp?featureid=24)

Jagger_On

Reaction score

I was going to put a post regarding Nigel's Luftwaffe Channel pants and how he's used them as inspiration for the AW13 Aircraft jacket so you have just reminded me Here is a picture of a beaming Mr Cabourn having just procured them for his vintage collection while he was in Florence at Pitti alongside a plate of a German pilot from 1943-44 These are incredibly rare trousers Here is a slide from the AW13 (FW13) photoshoot - look at Drew's Troos Now look at the new style bellow pockets on the above AW13 Aircraft jacket - the size, shape, proportion and fastening And to think some people wonder why I get so enthused about Nigel Cabourn clothing !!!??
Cheers Eric. I've seen that picture of Nigel before but that picture of Drew is fantastic. Everything just works. The attention to detail is amazing. It looks great when you see how the designer planned on the pieces going together. Is there anymore shots of AW13 floating around like the one with Drew?
I should hopefully be expanding my Cabourn collection to legwear this weekend - I've picked up a couple of pairs of the Selvedge Workwear Pants. I'm hoping the sellers measurements are correct because my previous attempts with his legwear haven't been successful... If they fit my slightly larger than desirable waist, the next consideration is do I wear them as wide legged as Nigel intended or do I get the legs tapered.
I say try and embrace the wide leg to start with if you can. I know that I'd have exactly the same issue as you as everything I wear is tapered these days but I think you've got to switch up the silhouette once in a while and see how it looks. Damn, I think I've almost talked myself into buying those EG fatigues now.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My thinking is that if you're not going to wear them as they were made, why buy them? Of course, I do wonder about the sense in this point of view when I'm wandering around in my tweed Bombay pants. I do not feel as dapper as the model at Superdenim looks! :) (http://www.superdenim.co.uk/feature-detail.asp?featureid=24)

I was after trousers with brace fixtures anyway - wasn't particularly looking for cabourn, but these cropped up at a reasonable price new on ebay.

Would tapering his trousers be that different to those who size down for a slimmer fit than Nigel intended for his jackets? It's an interesting question as to the owners aesthetic preferences and the designers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads