• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

sexandcandy

Reaction score

His game is boring and his team is bad.

blake was an all star last year and the clips were garbage. not as bad as the wolves, but still.

i can understand the blake slurping. he's exciting and high flying and always providing highlights. but someone who can get 20/20 any night and had 30/30 last year is not boring in my book. but i guess to the voters that doesn't matter.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't disagree with you. but Lowry plays in the West, so he can't be voted in as an East all-star starter :)
but he should be put on the west squad by the coaches, no question. and yeah, I forgot about Love. definitely deserves to be the starting West PF. hopefully the coaches vote him in too.

:fu:

joe johnson, iguodala, or eric gordon over dwyane wade. he can sit on a bench and look pretty

that game where love made the winning 3 pointer over the clippers that was sexy. love is awesome

also really really lovin the blazers right now. i really hated raymond felton last year, but with wesley matthews, gerald wallace, and lamarcus aldridge this team is just playing really good ball. finally blazers got something going. and felton really puts his heart into things. last year i got frustrated when the dude was just carefree and lackadaisical on defense

also i dont think it's exactly d'antoni's fault. his idea of how the knicks should play (the fast paced multiple offensive threat orientated 7 seconds or less style) just differs from how they actually play (ie melo constantly chucking up shots like a kobe with a worse chip on his shoulder and everybody standing around watching). tyson is wasted on this team. melo's wasted on this team. the whole team is wasted on this team. baron davis is not going to make the comeback everybody is hoping for. amare is terrible this season. just painful to watch. at least the giants are going to the superbowl

imo d'antoni's style of offense really thrives under point guards like steve nash. the knicks dont have that.

Last edited:

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mike D'antoni doesn't teach defense..... AT ALL.

Trust me, coming from a die hard Suns fan.

And the Knicks don't have any true outside threats to kick the ball out to from double-teams(on Amare or Melo). But now the Knicks have 3 highly paid players and nothing around them....well I guess some Knick fans are claiming to just wait until their savior Baron Davis returns....ha.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trade Melo. Dude is ****.

He's way too inefficient to be so ******* selfish. His defense is **** and he doesn't make anybody around him better. He'll never win a ring as the primary option and I'm beginning to think he'll never win one as a secondary one either.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just don't get how the Knicks has less chemistry this year than last year after all the trade was done. Did Billups really that much of a difference? IIRC, Billups was hurt about half of the time he wore Knicks uni last year. They look good on paper (Melo, Amare, Chandler, Shumpert, Fields, Walker, Bibby, Douglas, Jeffries, etc..) but it seems like D'Antoni's system just needs a very good PG for his plays to work. W/o Nash, his system ain't ****. It's a run and gun team and taking advantage of transitions but horrible defense and inexperienced (Shumpert) or shooting (Douglas) PG just isn't working. Davis, is he can be healthy, should be able to help, I guess. And yeah, Melo needs to stop shooting all the damn time. I didn't think he could take worst shots than Kobe but he has proven me wrong.

Also... :crackup:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's the black hole of Melo. he's the problem. Amare is awesome if you get him in motion...like on pick and rolls and pick and pops. but he can't do **** just watching Melo do his isos.

speaking of Kobe i also think he should force feed the ball more into Paula and Bynum, but at least the offense has been designed around him (the famous Mike Brown "Lebron Hero Mode" offense). D'Antoni's system is constant motion and quick reads, and Melo completely ***** that up.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just don't get how the Knicks has less chemistry this year than last year after all the trade was done. Did Billups really that much of a difference? IIRC, Billups was hurt about half of the time he wore Knicks uni last year. They look good on paper (Melo, Amare, Chandler, Shumpert, Fields, Walker, Bibby, Douglas, Jeffries, etc..) but it seems like D'Antoni's system just needs a very good PG for his plays to work. W/o Nash, his system ain't ****. It's a run and gun team and taking advantage of transitions but horrible defense and inexperienced (Shumpert) or shooting (Douglas) PG just isn't working. Davis, is he can be healthy, should be able to help, I guess. And yeah, Melo needs to stop shooting all the damn time. I didn't think he could take worst shots than Kobe but he has proven me wrong.
Also... :crackup:
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

You can tell his teammates really love the guy ...:crackup:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads