NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Great play for Kevin Love to end the game.

Warriors shafted with the no call on the kick ball. Nonetheless, Monta should've initiated a move a little earlier.

2. zeusbheld

zeusbheld Active Member

i try to avoid it whenever possible, but sometimes a few of them make it through.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

all star balloting actually going to create a deserving All-star starter squad for once. nothing that really makes you go WTF.

front runners:

West
    Paul
    Kobe
    Durant
    either Blake or Dirk (either one is deserving)
    Bynum

East
    Rose
    Wade
    Melo
    Lebron
    Howard

the only one who's a bit off his pace is Wade, primarily because of injury, but i can't think of another East guard playing hugely better than him stat wise

4. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

i'd put love ahead of blake and i don't think dirk should be considered for starting. he's having a bad year by his standards

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Don't you guys think Bynum should play more than a month consecutively before he's anointed Christ the King?

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

This is the one reason I'd take Dwight in a heartbeat. You KNOW he's going to get injured at some point.

7. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

Good one at the Garden tonight

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

dwade hasn't played well this year when he played. fgp is low, point production is low. lowry's been playing a billion times better than dwade, barely injured, and he's topping stats charts everywhere

everybody is sleeping on lowry. dude is amazing

and i would def put love ahead of blake or dirk. dirk is having a really off season. blake is overrated at least so far

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

9. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

You know, despite all the hype about how YOU HAVE TO HAVE at least two superstars to win in this league, the last three championships have been one by teams with one true superstar, an all-star or two, and a well constructed, well balanced, well coached team.

Add to that the fact that of the teams that gave up the kitchen sink to get a superstar, none are doing that well and in fact the team that did the trading seems to have a brighter future. George Karl said it a few days ago, good teams win and winning teams produce stars.

The Jazz are competitive this year and will likely make the playoffs (in 5th of 8 right now), have a bunch of talented young players as well as high picks in a very strong draft year. The Nets look like shit, won't make the playoffs and might well lose D-Will.

NY looks like shit, has a fucked offense, all the problems that everyone said Melo would bring, and very little options either in the draft or in free agency.
    The Nuggets look great, are 2nd out of 8,have a very talented young core, have been better since the trade and still have picks coming as well as salary cap space.

The Clips have looked the best out of all the mega trades, but the Hornets have lost more than just Paul (mostly West) to account for their suckatude and they do have good picks coming so it's hard to judge that as a poor trade for them.

Frankly the Magic might be better off as raping some mark then chasing more sup-par stars and over priced pieces that fit poorly. Whatever they do, it'd be nice to see some appreciation for actually building a good team rather than slobbering over over hyped d-bags like Melo.

10. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

blake is really overrated. last night he plalyed with the Wolves he couldn't do a damn thing against Darko Milicic offensively.

11. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I hate how he looks to the refs after every single possession of his.

12. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

To be fair, Darko Milicic is actually a pretty good defender. He was one of the league's leaders in blocked shots last year IIRC.

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

darko is a legit 7+ footer and solid. you can tell how he just dwarfs the opposing teams 5. he's a pretty good defender- I think it's more of the opposing team being afraid because darko likes to really hack when he has to foul. plus darko is weirdly athletic (quick and high vert) so you can see that the opposing team is always weary as the game goes on. he's just totally inconsistent and a confirmed head case. I guess it's perfect for him to finally paired with a rubio/Nash type of player

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I don't disagree with you. but Lowry plays in the West, so he can't be voted in as an East all-star starter :)

but he should be put on the west squad by the coaches, no question. and yeah, I forgot about Love. definitely deserves to be the starting West PF. hopefully the coaches vote him in too.

15. zeusbheld

zeusbheld Active Member

he also had one of the best games i've ever seen him play. can't understand why all star voters aren't giving any love to Kevin though.