NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

A lot.

Try having a shit team with empty stands for 5 or 6 seasons.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm just saying, Odens potential and ceiling is high too but it ain't worth shit if their not on the court.

But you said rebuilding with those 2 over Bynum so I'd take the 2 over Bynum. If you said take either Brooks or Wallace over Bynum to build a team over, I'd agree with you but those two is much better than Bynum. Just add a decent PG like Deron or CP3 plus some decent to good role players and that's a playoff contender.

3. moffy

moffy Senior member

if the bynum experiment fails miserably, at least i would bottom out completely and get a high lottery pick as opposed to winning 30 games a year and still have no one come to my games.

4. moffy

moffy Senior member

I don't know. What marquee free agents are really going to Orlando? They all want to play in major markets with other marquee players these days. Unless they love sunshine and no state tax, I don't see who'se willing to come to Orlando to play with Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace.

Orlando's best bet is to go with the OKC and SAS model of building thorugh the draft. They struck gold with getting Howard in the lottery and made it to the finals, but they didn't really make the smartest moves after that.

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Lebron, Wade, Bosh, all chose Miami over New York, Chicago, New Jersey,...

6. moffy

moffy Senior member

Ya, but Wallace and Lopez are no Wade and Bosh. I can see players going to smaller markets if they know they are going to play with marquee players. Shit, if Cleveland had the cap space to sign Wade and Bosh instead of Miami, you don't think they'd still tag team in Cleveland?

The point is, marquee free agents rarely ever go to a small market team if they know that they are going to be the only marquee player on that team.

I'm not saying that it can't happen. Orlando did get Grant Hill back when he wasn't geriatric. I just wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The main discussion was will you take Bynum or Wallce & Brooks to rebuild a team. You add a city to the equation, then obviously that will change a few things.

In the end, it’ll depend on what they can pay the player. If CP3 or Deron can get the most money from the Magic, they’ll go there no matter if Bynum or Wallce & Brooks are there (obviously some of those players has to be there to attract these players). They won’t take a pay cut just to go to NY or Miami because that is a giant pay cut. That is why CP3 said NY isn’t an option this year anymore because the signing of Chandler the NYK pretty much gave up their cap space to get him. Might be a different story next year, not sure how the new CBA will affect them, but I don’t think they have the money to get him.

The Magic isn't such a small market team anymore either, they're no NY or LA but their not exactly Indiana or Minnesota either.

8. 1969

1969 Senior member

Holy Shit Kendrick Perkins back down to 265. Funny cause I saw him play in HS and he went about 205 back then.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

This shits cray... :lol:

10. BEAR JEW

BEAR JEW Senior member

Brook Lopez is one of the most useless 7-footers in the NBA (like his brother Robin Lopez), there was no way that trade would have been even close to fair. Speaking of scrubs I cant actually believe that the Warriors are paying Kwame Brown 7 million next season lol

11. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

5??? What's the record in 1st round picks?

12. 13k

13k Senior member

Clippers just made the deal for CP?

13. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
  14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

oho, a Laker fan who sees Bynum for what he really is. don't see that every day. and Crash is awesome. :slayer:

so of the contenders, who do you say has gotten better the most so far? I'd say the Heat (surprise! :p ). primarily because of the addition of Battier. Dallas (Carter+Odom < Chandler) and LA (no Odom, no Phil) have regressed. Boston's regressed by getting older (and whiffing on David West). everyone else appears to be stuck in neutral unless I forgot somebody...

15. 13k

13k Senior member

^^^ Chicago, with Rip and maybe New York with Chandler?