• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm just saying, Odens potential and ceiling is high too but it ain't worth **** if their not on the court.

But you said rebuilding with those 2 over Bynum so I'd take the 2 over Bynum. If you said take either Brooks or Wallace over Bynum to build a team over, I'd agree with you but those two is much better than Bynum. Just add a decent PG like Deron or CP3 plus some decent to good role players and that's a playoff contender.

moffy

Reaction score
A lot.
Try having a **** team with empty stands for 5 or 6 seasons.

if the bynum experiment fails miserably, at least i would bottom out completely and get a high lottery pick as opposed to winning 30 games a year and still have no one come to my games.

moffy

Reaction score
I'm just saying, Odens potential and ceiling is high too but it ain't worth **** if their not on the court.
But you said rebuilding with those 2 over Bynum so I'd take the 2 over Bynum. If you said take either Brooks or Wallace over Bynum to build a team over, I'd agree with you but those two is much better than Bynum. Just add a decent PG like Deron or CP3 plus some decent to good role players and that's a playoff contender.

I don't know. What marquee free agents are really going to Orlando? They all want to play in major markets with other marquee players these days. Unless they love sunshine and no state tax, I don't see who'se willing to come to Orlando to play with Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace.

Orlando's best bet is to go with the OKC and SAS model of building thorugh the draft. They struck gold with getting Howard in the lottery and made it to the finals, but they didn't really make the smartest moves after that.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know. What marquee free agents are really going to Orlando? They all want to play in major markets with other marquee players these days. Unless they love sunshine and no state tax, I don't see who'se willing to come to Orlando to play with Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace.

Orlando's best bet is to go with the OKC and SAS model of building thorugh the draft. They struck gold with getting Howard in the lottery and made it to the finals, but they didn't really make the smartest moves after that.  

Lebron, Wade, Bosh, all chose Miami over New York, Chicago, New Jersey,...

moffy

Reaction score
Lebron, Wade, Bosh, all chose Miami over New York, Chicago, New Jersey,...

Ya, but Wallace and Lopez are no Wade and Bosh. I can see players going to smaller markets if they know they are going to play with marquee players. ****, if Cleveland had the cap space to sign Wade and Bosh instead of Miami, you don't think they'd still tag team in Cleveland?

The point is, marquee free agents rarely ever go to a small market team if they know that they are going to be the only marquee player on that team.

I'm not saying that it can't happen. Orlando did get Grant Hill back when he wasn't geriatric. I just wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The main discussion was will you take Bynum or Wallce & Brooks to rebuild a team. You add a city to the equation, then obviously that will change a few things.

In the end, it’ll depend on what they can pay the player. If CP3 or Deron can get the most money from the Magic, they’ll go there no matter if Bynum or Wallce & Brooks are there (obviously some of those players has to be there to attract these players). They won’t take a pay cut just to go to NY or Miami because that is a giant pay cut. That is why CP3 said NY isn’t an option this year anymore because the signing of Chandler the NYK pretty much gave up their cap space to get him. Might be a different story next year, not sure how the new CBA will affect them, but I don’t think they have the money to get him.

The Magic isn't such a small market team anymore either, they're no NY or LA but their not exactly Indiana or Minnesota either.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This ***** cray... :lol:

Chad Ford: Nets offered everything they could for Howard: Brook Lopez + FIVE 1st Rd picks. Theirs in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 + Rockets 2011 pick. 1 minute ago

BEAR JEW

Reaction score
Brook Lopez is one of the most useless 7-footers in the NBA (like his brother Robin Lopez), there was no way that trade would have been even close to fair. Speaking of scrubs I cant actually believe that the Warriors are paying Kwame Brown 7 million next season lol

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'd take Wallace & Lopez base on Bynums history alone. Lopez is a bonafide 20/8 guy, healthy is a year younger than Bynum. Wallace was averaging 18/10 himself at one point w/ the Bobcats and can easily get 16/8 in any team, a forward that can steal and block and out hustle any player on the court. So I would take those two than the immature, idiotic, injury prone Bynum.

oho, a Laker fan who sees Bynum for what he really is. don't see that every day. and Crash is awesome. :slayer:

so of the contenders, who do you say has gotten better the most so far? I'd say the Heat (surprise! :p ). primarily because of the addition of Battier. Dallas (Carter+Odom < Chandler) and LA (no Odom, no Phil) have regressed. Boston's regressed by getting older (and whiffing on David West). everyone else appears to be stuck in neutral unless I forgot somebody...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads