1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  2. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Diaw. Stephen Jackson.

Go Spurs Go.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Anybody watch Atl/Utah? 4 OT's? Jesus.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Always loved Popovichs sense of humor.
    This isn't a joke either, it's the official sheet he submitted apparently.
    :lol:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

THAT's funny! Thanks for sharing

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

gotta give him his due, even though i'm one of his biggest detractors on here. Andrew Bynum is playing like the second-best center in the NBA this season.

and over the last month, he's even in the conversation regarding the best center. would still give Howard the nod because of his imposing defensive presence, but if you look at their stats they're pretty similar over that time period.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Bynum has definitely gone up in my own personal rankings, not just as a center but as an overall player. He’s been knocking down those turn around jump shots with ease lately and it has broaden his skill set while Howard still can’t shoot a damn decent wide open jump shot. If he can stay healthy the rest of his career (knock on wood) and continually improve, he'd be on track to greatness. Bynums improvement really does magnify how much Howard hasn't adapted or developed any new moves on the offensive end.

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

yep, jump shooting, and more importantly he has just unleashed an array of effective post moves all at once this year. i've always wished we could go back to the days when Hakeem, David Robinson, Ewing and Mchale made their opponents look silly in the paint. Bynum isn't at those guys' level yet, but there's really almost no one today that's invested so much in a back-to-the-basket game. maybe Boogie Cousins can get there if he can fucking grow up, but he's more of an overpowering Shaq type.

right now, you've got Bynum, a fading Duncan, and maybe Lamarcus that have or are developing a sick post game. i can't really think of anyone else. shit, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade have a better post game than 80% of the game's big men.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think Griffin can improve in the paint if he stops flopping on offense. He is so athletic that he can twist and stay in the air longer than his defender that he can finish and get fouled. He also has a decent footwork when not in a rush, if Hakeen can teach him the dream shake, he'll dominate the paint for sure.

12. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

whatchu reckon hes saying, thats michael beasly right?

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

And....Amare's down. Does the lack of insurance go towards his knee only, or his whole body?

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Damn, didn't expect it but Brown has some balls. Benched Kobe in the last game and bench Bynum tonight. Bynum is an idiot tonight though, acting like a baby. Just glad Brown had enough cajones to sit him but knowing him, he might just pout and whine instead of coming back more aggressive and determined next game.

15. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I forgot for a moment why Bynum was benched. Jacking up a random 3, what?

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yup, shot a 3 when the time wasn't even running out so Brown pulled him. Then he pouted and just stood there when Brown put him back in the bench.

17. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

well why the hell did he shoot it?

like at least pau can shoot

18. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

'cause he's a punk.

And even tho he "got the message" he said he's going to keep shooting them.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Just cause he is a dumbass.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

See, these are the kind of things that makes me want to get rid of Bynum. I get the "I want to improve" part of his game but he isn't Dirk, work on the post moves and the attitude first, hell he hasn't even perfected the mid range but wants to shoot more 3s?