NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

:fu:

2. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Srsly. Throw some money West's way, throw some money at Nene. throw it at any decent player. If you have to get to the min, fine, but sheesh. Hopefully the expiring contract will be worth something and that is why they did it.
    I hope they re-sign Reggie Williams.

3. venessian

venessian Senior member

I think you meant "10 Busses", but man I sure hope you're right!
    Yeah, I saw that interview too. I really hope something big is about to happen.
    :lol::lol::lol: That Kwame signing is a joke. Really surprised Jerry West OK'd that one.
    Wow. The Lakers are on a ROLL!! First, they sign Kapono! :rolleyes: Then, they get rid rid of Odom! :rolleyes: Then, they sign GG! :rolleyes: Then, they sign McRoberts! :rolleyes: The only mistake Mitch has made so far is in not signing VladRad....:rolleyes: :brick:.:facepalm:
    Milsap would be OK. Kapono - Odom + GG + McRoberts = no. Hell, I'd rather have Milsap + Glen Rice at this point....
    :fu: + 1.

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

McRoberts actually sounds like a quality pick up.

5. venessian

venessian Senior member

Come on. Has Josh McRoberts EVER been relevant in the NBA? If the Lakers don't sign a gamer like Howard, where are the they now? Lamar > gone. Shannon > gone. 2 excellent, fast, exciting players, to rivals no less. Instead > in are Kapono, Green, McRoberts + we still have Metta Weirdo Artest and Frozen Hand Luke.... The Lakers are NOT better right now, not by a long shot.

6. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

nene reups with denver. 5yr / 65 mil. serious cash.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

My heart bleeds for all Laker fans.

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

that much for nene????

goddamn can't wait for season to start

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

9. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Honestly I don't know him that well. He obviously is not a superstar but from what I've read he is very much a quality player that can give good hard min. score a little, play D and do what you ask him to, the type that you NEED if you want to win championships. Is he a sure ticket to the finals? No, of course not. Nor is he a equal replacement for Odom. But I think people get too caught up in the superstar hype and tend to ignore the fact that winning teams always need these types of players on them.

10. venessian

venessian Senior member

I feel you. The Lakers are fast becoming the Spurs of LA. . . . . . JUST KIDDING!!! :)
    No sh$t. That's some serious cash for Nene.
    I agree with you. I also agree that the Lakers need more bench power. All I'm saying is if the Lakers don't add anyone else, they were probably better off keeping Lamar than adding Kapono/Green/McRoberts. If they can add a tough like Milsap, Varejao, someone like that, maybe they'll be OK; but they still won't be chip material imo. To be real contenders, they need to add Howard first, add a decent PG, and then dump Artest, who I think is really a liability and will be more one with Lamar gone. Actually, to be real contenders they need to dump Jim Buss above all else.

11. moffy

moffy Senior member

to be honest, i didn't mind odom getting traded (though i would have liked to see them get back more than a box of pop tarts for him.) the problem with having odom, pau, and bynum was that you could only play two of them at a time. and i think odom eating away bynum's playing time has kind of stunted bynum's development (well, that and his glass knees.)

so ideally, this opens up some room for bynum to reach somewhere close to his potential. and if that happens before his knees fall apart again, maybe they can flip him for dwight (mostly wishful thinking.)

12. moffy

moffy Senior member

also, call me crazy, but i think artest is salvageable. in two years, i don't think he ever understood the triangle.

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

bynum's knee as bad as yao ming's foot?

14. moffy

moffy Senior member

i wouldn't say that, though i guess only time will tell. greg oden seems to be more in ming territory than bynum.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

greg oden makes me sad :(