• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My sense is that Kobe doesn't really consider any historical benchmarks other than MJ interesting or relevant.

exactly. he has/had one yardstick his whole career. i think it's really cool how he's adjusted his game ... on those nights when he can still actually get it going.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never thought I'd say this but I feel bad for Kobe. He should just retire. He's still got the ability to be great at times and score in bunches, but he's a dinosaur and can't contribute to a winning team. It's not clear to me that he would make any playoff team better at this point because he doesn't know how to be a complementary player.

I believe that his top priority is winning, I just don't think he knows any other way to get there other than the way he's always done it. I would have a lot more respect for him if he just said - I gave it everything I had and there isn't a championship in my future so I'm retiring.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Kobester has 50 million reasons to keep chucking up that ball.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and when you watch the attendance at road games where the lakers are playing, you'll see the nba has an investment in keeping him playing as well. artistically, he's on his last legs, but financially he's still a big draw.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But is he worth a max contract?

Moderation... please keep an eye on max contract talk. Max contracts are mentioned too often for my personal comfort.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ninja edit fail. Not surprised. :lol:

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gotta love those Knick fans,

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Figuring out the triangle is no longer his problem and J.R. Smith couldn't be happier.

“It's almost too much thinking,'' Smith told The Post Wednesday night

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So just to get some discussions going, are all of us here pretty much in agreement that Curry is the MVP of the season so far?

Anyone got someone else in mind that should be considered?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i really think anthony davis should be considered, but he wont cuz he's playing for a team that wont even make the playoffs

otherwise james harden is the closest to curry

chris paul the perpetually underrated candidate. marc gasol dark horse candidate. theres a lot of chatter for jimmy butler, but as well as he's playing i really dont think so

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whoever it is, I'm just glad all these established/emerging stars are getting consideration or at least in discussion. Agreed with the Anthony Davis nomination which is coming from a Butler supporter. But like JJ Watt, it doesn't help if his team doesn't make the playoffs.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
also as great as playoffs was last season, this season will be even better. kinda drooling at quality playoff games every night. i mean regular season this year is already better than first round maybe even second round playoffs in the past several years

also MIP i think is a toss up between butler and draymond. i think butler will get the nod cuz he scores more, but i think draymond provides more for his team

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads