• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

bik2101

Reaction score
My left hand twills stretched like crazy- almost regretting the 31 wg even though a 30 is too tight and low (in grey selvedge at least). My skinny guy deep indigos have very little stretch. The waist is ok but the thigh needs at more room- hence the switch to weird guys. I can't seem to find a happy medium like I did with my nudies.

really? how long did it take before you got the stretching?

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
I would say Japan Heritage. I think Bahzad has a pair.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bazhad's pair looked fabulous indeed. If youre going for sole purpose of fade, go with indigo/indigo coming 12 ss season

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a Naked Famous Hoodie Navy in Medium they don't want?

Trade or Sale...

ac_slater

Reaction score

deep indigo probably

A lot of people say this but as someone who has worn a pair for 6 months and seen other people's pairs...the Deep Indigos don't fade at all like people think. They fade very subtly and unless you are walking all over the city every day, you won't be getting high contrast fades.

If you want really serious fades I would probably look at another brand or maybe look at the natural indigo instead. Those seem to be one of the only N&F that fades pretty well.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh my wgs feel waaaaaay too big now after only a week. This is really frustrating- can a tailor take them in or something? What options do I have besides buying a new pair.

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
Are they too big in the waist or too big somewhere else?

ac_slater

Reaction score
These stretch massively over the first 2 or 3 months. I'm about 5'8. 135lbs. I got my first pair of weird guys in size 28. They were impossible to button and uncomfortably tight in the thighs when I got em. Now they are almost baggy. I can't stress enough for people to size down 2 on these unless you want a real baggy fit.

brozek

Reaction score
Since sizing seems to be so critical on Weird Guys, can I ask for a comparison I haven't seen in the pages I looked through? If I wear a 31 in APC Rescues and that's stretched out enough that I can't wear them without a belt, are 31s safe for WGs?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the GREY SELVEDGE weird guys? How is the stretching on that? 32 seemed like a great fit when I tried on but you guys are recommending I go with 31. 31 did fit but they were a bit tight. Are your recommendations based on having that skin tight look?

I've had a 32 deep indigo skinny guys for a year now and I don't notice any stretch on them. Are those supposed to stretch out a lot too according to you guys? Because for me they didnt.

krspdla

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just received my Nep Selvage weird guys from Gilt and love them. Size 31. Only problem is that I have no problems at all buttoning up the top button. They fit well when worn (I don't need a belt) but I'm worried about them stretching way too much after some wear. Should I sell?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads