• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Del-Toro

Reaction score
Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series - BOM002

7924000.4b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7924000
More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/05/momotaro-x-blue-owl-vintage-skinny.html
This patch is great. 40 pairs is very about as limited as it gets. Nice design.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

any wear / fade examples of the 702?

also prolonged wear / wash stretch shrink reports of deep & grand indigo?

702s only hit Blue Owl (and BIG) in February or so... probably won't see any evo pics for a while, unless someone had them proxy'd earlier.

jus schilling

Reaction score
was just curious.. the first batch of jb's to hit u.s. had momotaro and japan blue on the label.. im not refering to the "going to battle" series, which was an obvious collab,given the stripes and pink inseam.. just wondering how this was a collab, or if it even was, or why it says momotaro on the label.. i know both brands are under the japan blue group/collect company.. somebody said it was just a good way of introducing the brand to the overseas market.. i recently bought a pair of the jb0101's off blue owl that still had "momotaro" on the label, so i was just wondering what the scoop was with this..

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

702s only hit Blue Owl (and BIG) in February or so... probably won't see any evo pics for a while, unless someone had them proxy'd earlier.

Our shipment was from the first prdoction run. They have only been available 3 months, so evolution photos probably will not start showing online until September at the earlist.

was just curious.. the first batch of jb's to hit u.s. had momotaro and japan blue on the label.. im not refering to the "going to battle" series, which was an obvious collab,given the stripes and pink inseam.. just wondering how this was a collab, or if it even was, or why it says momotaro on the label.. i know both brands are under the japan blue group/collect company.. somebody said it was just a good way of introducing the brand to the overseas market.. i recently bought a pair of the jb0101's off blue owl that still had "momotaro" on the label, so i was just wondering what the scoop was with this..

It is confusing and probably silly to do by Japan Blue, they should have had an original Japan Blue label from the beginning on that model so it wouldn't be as confusing....but Japanese do funny things sometimes. The new 0401 has a Japan Blue patch and the 0701 and 0101 in the next productions will probably use this same patch.

Basically you are right, Japan Blue used Momotaro as a way to introduce the Japan Blue label. As Japan Blue increases production, they will have their own patches and hardware used throughout.

Del-Toro

Reaction score
This was from a while ago but still fun to watch!

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is confusing and probably silly to do by Japan Blue, they should have had an original Japan Blue label from the beginning on that model so it wouldn't be as confusing....but Japanese do funny things sometimes. The new 0401 has a Japan Blue patch and the 0701 and 0101 in the next productions will probably use this same patch.
Basically you are right, Japan Blue used Momotaro as a way to introduce the Japan Blue label. As Japan Blue increases production, they will have their own patches and hardware used throughout.

So if one wants Momo quality on the JB's, it'd be advised to pick them up early before all production switches over...?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hrmmm so main difference between the Japan Blue x Momotoro and the Japan Blue vintage (both tapered cut) is just the stripes/patch?

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So if one wants Momo quality on the JB's, it'd be advised to pick them up early before all production switches over...?

The factories and quality will always be the same, just saying things like patches, tags, and hardware may not show the "Momotaro" logo in the future and will only show "Japan Blue" on some of the models. Basically they are working on branding of the "Japan Blue" label.

jus schilling

Reaction score
yeah, on my pair the only thing that is momotaro is on the patching.. if there is anything else is, they dont make it knowable to me..

youre right, that was a silly thing.. but a great pair of jeans.. i hope they do well at building up the this brand..

thanks for clearing that up..

el argentino.. i think the only thing diff on the new run is the patch, afaik..

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does momo have a fit similar to the "tights straight" fit but has a narrower leg opening?

Is there a certain leg opening that qualifies for being considered "skinny jeans"? I ask because I am looking for a mens casual jean that I can wear to and from class. I am happy with what I have right now but I wouldn't mind trying something else. Oh and I dont care for different colors and all, I like deep indigo and that is about it.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does momo have a fit similar to the "tights straight" fit but has a narrower leg opening?
Is there a certain leg opening that qualifies for being considered "skinny jeans"? I ask because I am looking for a mens casual jean that I can wear to and from class. I am happy with what I have right now but I wouldn't mind trying something else. Oh and I dont care for different colors and all, I like deep indigo and that is about it.

This sounds like the JB0401. It's more tapered in the leg. Perhaps a tad larger in the thigh, but should be up your alley.

jus schilling

Reaction score
del-toro, damn thats cool as sht, man.. i dont know how id feel about doing that in the middle of the shop and on display in the window like that..

rawrdenim just posted a clip of momotaro/rumpaya.. interviews, etc.. its on their site, or i posted it on the blueowl thread here too..

2g's, son is baller..

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Our shipment was from the first prdoction run. They have only been available 3 months, so evolution photos probably will not start showing online until September at the earlist.

The Copper Labels state Japan Blue on the patch. But this is due to the company name being also Japan Blue.

You have Japan Blue, which is the company... That owns both Collect and Rampuya, And then you have Japan Blue, registered as a brand name, aside of Momotaro.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads