Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. jus schilling

jus schilling Member

^looking good, man.. model/wear time??

the thai have done a great job of documenting jb's.. on selvedgeforum they have 8 pages for just jb (the brand) seperate from momo topic.. i cant read thai, but they got a lot of pictures up too..

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. llltronlll

llltronlll Well-Known Member

So I bought a pair of Momo x NF weird guys in 32. They measure a lot like my 33 NG weird guys, which is what I expected, but the back rise is 3/4"-1" longer than my NF's. The front rise actually measures a little less than my WG's, which is fine, it doesnt hug *too* tight... but I didnt expect it. Also, the waist (pre-hot soak) is about the same. I read they would fit closer to a 33 weird guy than a 32, but I didnt expect them to be within 1/4" of my worn for 9 months WG's. I am pretty disappointed and not sure what to do. The butt is just too big. I dont think the back rise will shrink at all in a soak... will it? If not, these are going to be returned. Not sure what to look at next, esp if all these momo's measure long in the back. :confused:

3. kiyo1978

kiyo1978 Member

I hot soaked mine after about 4 months of wear...they shrank mostly in the inseam and thigh, but not much. and after about 10 wears they were back out almost to where they were pre soak. i know what u mean about the back rise, it long!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

back rise will shrink. 'dont know if it'll shrink enough to your satisfaction.

from your account, it seems you still got room [@the waist] to size down 1 more to a 31__ that you need to check & decide for yourself.
    i'm W33 on Momos.
    'tried the W32 WG collab @Barney's NY a few months ago & it seemed i couldve sized down further, since i dint have thigh issues. but, [unlike you] the rise was just way too low for me to consider__ even @ a tempting 40% off @the time.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  5. llltronlll

I probably could go to a 31, but I couldnt find a stockist with a 31. These are on sale at NM right now, about 33% off... I cant really find anyplace else with them in stock. I'd also worry about the front rise being too short in a 31. These jeans are cut weird, IMO (pun not intended).

I agree, I doubt the back rise will shrink enough to make me happy. Are all Momo's sorta long in the back rise? I am looking for another pair of indigo, but if possible I would prefer not to drop 300+. I cant seem to find a standard momo cut that I like the measurements of anyway.

6. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Check out the Momo x Blue Owl "skinny straight" collabs, these have shorter rise than the standard cuts

7. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

problem is the front vs back rise proportion he's looking for__ w/c are not available on Momos.
    he's looking for a lowrised W32 with a post-soak/wash back rise shorter than 13.5 :)

8. llltronlll

You are good. Well, right around 13.75, 1/4" shorter is fine. These are a solid 14.5 pre soak.

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

check out another W32__ measurements vary. also try the Oni X NF WG, if available,

10. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

0700sp

ive had them for a few months now but they are in rotation and i wear a uniform to work so i barely wear them, they probably wont get a wash for a very long time

11. meso

meso Senior member

Momotaro Grand Indigo 15oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge
    Denim - Model ER007-2B (Indigo/Black) @ 3 months of part-time wear, with lots of time in doing yardwork/gardening but also sitting on my ass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Love those. Indigo weave/wefts are my favorite type of denim. Looks like they've been well loved!

13. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

great pair. surprised at how fast the are moving @ 3 months.

will pick up a pair of those or 702s soon. really want to see 702s after a few months as they are a touch too dark for my taste, but if they lose indigo as fast as yours i will be tempted

14. meso

meso Senior member

Thanks! I am pleased with the progress. Real manual labor helps. Basically going to bang the shit out of them all summer and see where it gets me in another three months...

15. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

nice grand indigos, dont see much of them. i love the green that comes out of them. been waiting for jays updates on his