Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

ROFL, this has nothing to do with eachother. Japan Blue is aimed at a whole different group of consumers. That's the reason why JB lacks details... Like, everything that is Momotaro, is absent on JB. But it comes at a big beneficial difference too! The price.

2. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

This is 100% correct. Basically if they called the label anything other than "Japan Blue", it would be a lot less complicated.

3. jus schilling

jus schilling Member

yeah the "japan blue group"/"collect co." owns both "momotaro" and "japan blue", two completely different brands.. unless you speak directly to those involved.. in person.. the best way to understand this is going through a bunch of old posts on indigoroots and sufu and hear what kaydioc(?) and rubyblue (who works for japan blue-the brand, if im not mistaken)..

its like jay said, japanese do funny things like this..

theres also misinformation.. nordic denim whatever blog said these were made in china.. but was corrected in the comments section by somebody who works for the brand.. its all in made in japan in a small factory w/ collect co.. maybe that guy should have edited that part out..

id still like to know more about the factory and such.. just curious, would be cool to nerd out on.. since so much is known about momotaro already..

also, i like my pair a lot.. the construction is nicer than the jeans in the similiar price range ive been purchasing.. seems like theyll actually hold up..

someone also mentioned something about jays pair not getting a crotch blow out.. i wonder if the sulphur dye (its both sulphur and indigo, btw) has anything to do with that, or its durability.. im neither a scientist nor a denim expert.. just always down to learn more..

4. jus schilling

jus schilling Member

in the description for the jp gtb it doesnt say sulphur.. may have jumped the gun on that one.. bought the jp's seem like a tough jean from what i can tell so far..

5. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior member

No. Generally people who get blowouts size down WAY to much. The dye or dye technique won't change the fact that if you size down 1 to many, you do run the risk of get a blowout and other weird issues associated with sizing incorrectly.

If you want to nerd out check out the video of the vintage hand/foot operated loom at one of the stores, several posts back. Shit does not get any better then that.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

6. jus schilling

jus schilling Member

yeah dude.. i checked that out.. awsome.. was giving you props for posting that a few posts back..

7. Islander

Islander Senior member

Are any US retailers stocking the 0901, or is it Rakuten only?

8. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior member

Call/email BiG. I know they don't have that exact cut on their site but they stock a lot of things they have for in-store customers only and they might have them on their floor. If not, I am sure they can order.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

not a popular cut/model, but [they] can special order it for you. i know Gordon [BIG] can.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

10. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior member

Is the 0901 a wide leg?

11. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

re

Kayo is well known with the brand. But she mentioned my name more than once for reliable info on Momotaro. Not without reason ;-)
    Anyway. Rubyblue actually doesn't work for Japan Blue. He actually is a store owner (okiya.eu) and does a lot of business with the people behind JB & Momotaro. He goes pretty far with it, receiving samples directly from the source, showcasing at Capsule
    etc. I think the interaction betweem him and the folks at JB is about the same as NDC, which are official retailer of Momotaro for EU and Asia. He sure has tight connections and gathers (and shares) a lot of inside information.

12. Islander

Islander Senior member

Supposedly it is a straight leg with a slight taper. Similar to the 0201 but 1" higher rise and 1" larger thighs. It has about the same (or very slightly bigger) hem measurement as the 0201.

My 0201's shrank a bit too much for comfort in the rise and thighs so I'm going to try it out.

13. jus schilling

jus schilling Member

thanks for clearing that up.. yeah, i learned a lot from you guys.. took a lot of sifting thru posts tho..

now if we only had more evo pictures.. especially post wash.. i know its a new(ish) brand and all.. jays looked awsome.. ive also seen one that looked like a hot mess tho.. think it was a trail pair..

screw it tho.. wear em hard, whatever..

14. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

classic straight__ just a bit roomy on the thighs with about an inch wider leg opening & higher rise as compare to their slim straights..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

15. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

[​IMG]

me on the right in the japan blues