Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

ah que bien, socio tengo ganas de ir a argentina como no tines idea. Pero si conosco una vaina de argentina puedo vivir con eso por el momento jajaja

...wait soak...I thought I did not have to soak sanforized denim?...

have you ever had a tailor make the waist smaller on a pair of raw jeans?

Last edited: May 16, 2012

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Es un país bellísimo. Dale.

Jay said they're good to go right out of the bag, but I think it was Mistral who got almost an inch and a half shrunk down on the inseam... :uhoh:

I just soak all my stuff at the start to make sure now.

3. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

yea, my 702s shrunk an inch after 2 soaks.

4. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

marica, has ido o vas frequentemente a guatemala, costa rica, venezuela, o colombia? Estoy asumiendo que eres origen latino.

Oye como haces para que los accentos aparezcan? se que lo puedo hacer si cambio el lenguaje de mi navegador o detengo el teclado para que me aparezcan las opciones . Uso el navegador en español y no aparecen los accentos automaticamente.

seriously...well that is a bummer. But I haven't hemmed any of my NF pants because I refuse to pay 25 USD but I am finally tired of having to always fold in and then pull the hemmed end out. So, I might just soak my deep indigo NF WG (wearing them for 4 months but I do not have significant fades :plain:) and send them to Jay.

That sucks, I hope you didn't have them hemmed. I will just continue to fold the bottom of pants inside and pull the hemmed edge out (I do not like to stack or show the inside of my denim). I like the crisp feeling of a new pair of raw denim and I have read that keeping the starch helps with the fades.

Did the thighs shrink? What about the legs?

I can not lose any space in the thighs but I would not mind if the legs were .5 inches smaller, but I expected that and it does not bother me that much.

Side note, my NF Deep Indigo WG are finally getting comfortable after four months of wear. They have stretched out enough at the waist that would allow for me to take one inch off (assuming I had them altered) but I am not sure if that would affect the amount of space my package gets.

I recieved my momotaro deep indigo jeans!!!

Very happy with the construction and COLOR. I really like the pink stitching, does the indigo rubbing off (between the thigh area and soaking) eventually cause it to not be as apparent?

5. El Argentino

With my 705s, even after soaking and wear, the pink was still pink. I think it's a wonderfully quirky touch that no one really picks up on unless they're really staring you down. If you're really concerned about thigh size, you could always tub-soak, or just get them wet and wear them dry. I've had success "maintaining" thighs both ways.

En mi teclado (Mac) toco OPT+e y me hace el tilde (OPT+n para la ñ). Después tocás la letra que desees. No me acuerdo de la manera de hacerlo en PC. Jamás me fui a Centroamérica - solamente al cono sur.

6. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Very well, I will hold off on hemming and just make sure I soak after I wear for about six months. I remember reading that after this point (six months) you do not have to worry about fades shifting. Can someone confirm?

se que esa opción existe, en la mia (mac tambien) tengo que detener la letra y me parece las opciones de tildes y accentos para la letra. Yo pensaba que lo tenias programado de una manera que automaticamente las agregava.

jaja y porque no?!?! Pero si eres de origen latino o solo viviste allá por una temporada?

Last edited: May 16, 2012

7. El Argentino

If the denim is going to shrink, it will shrink either now, or at six months when you wash. It's getting them properly sized and shrunken down that will assure fadez don't shift.

Si detengo la letra yo... iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii < resulta :)

La vida no me ha dado la oportunidad de "expandir mis horizontes" en latino américa. Vivía en la Argentina y después en Uruguay - pero hace más de un año que vuelvo a EEUU. No soy nativo, digamos. Soy una mezcla europea por sangre - danés y polaco por mis abuelos y nací en los estados, siendo ellos refugiados de la segunda guerra mundial. Más siento que pasé el tiempo suficiente para reclamar una afiliación y estoy buscando opciones para una doble ciudadanía en la república. Me casé con una mexicana y tenemos una hija con sangre latina - entonces estoy ahí :)

Y AHORA TODOS SABEN. Gracias CalTex. Se me ha expuesto.

8. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Fresh 0702 fitpic.

[​IMG]

9. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

When you soak or wash any denim, one trick to prevent inseam shrinkage is while the denim is air drying and still a little damp you can manually pull the legs and stretch the fabric back out. By doing this you should not lose any length and if you do it would be minimal.

On the 0702, you do not need to worry about fades shiffing. Fades will shift a little up and down on any denim and that is minimal and should not even be worried about. The only ones I would worry about for any shifting are fabrics that tend to do some serious leg wrapping.

Last edited: May 19, 2012

10. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

any grand indigo fade pics? theyve been out for a couple years and ive only seen the context ones and satchelbmoores

11. kcaz

kcaz Member

What's the closest thing to skull 5010 in momotaro?

12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:plain:

NF WG deep indigo 33 is too loose for my liking, do you guys think the momo deep indigo will stretch as much?

These are the measurements from blueowl

Momo deep indigo "tight straight" 702

* Size 34 (35" waist, 10.5" rise, 12" thigh, 9" knee, 34.5" inseam, 8.25" leg opening)

NF WG Deep indigo

* Size 33 (35" waist, 10.5" rise, 12.25" thigh, 8.8" knee, 35.5" inseam, 7.75" leg opening)

When I tried to size down with NF (glow in the dark NF WG 32) it did not stretch this much, maybe I did not wear them long enough. They were actually putting pressure on le package and making it uncomfortable, I decided to size up and they were comfortable. Now that I have worn these, NF WG Deep Indigo 33, they give me a bit of a diaper butt. The pants are not falling off of my waits, but they do sit a bit lower than before. I always wear a belt but when I take it off I can stick my hand down my pants without difficulty. Should I expect Momo to stretch this much as well? The measurements are pretty similar above the knee. Hopefully someone can help.

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Momotaro's are notorious for NOT stretching.

14. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Sounds like you are a 32 WG. I would size down to the 33 in the 0702 if you can handle the smaller thigh measurement which will be around 11.75".

15. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

guys, any review about japan blue x momotaro going to battle? how does the quality hold up with apc and n&f? i'm torn between those three. also, I notice that the thigh is pretty tight at 10" huh? compared to 10.5" on apc ns and n&f skinny guy. could you help me jay? my waist is 30" and I think 10.5" thigh is the tightest I could go

Last edited: May 21, 2012