Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior member

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

702s only hit Blue Owl (and BIG) in February or so... probably won't see any evo pics for a while, unless someone had them proxy'd earlier.

3. jus schilling

jus schilling Member

was just curious.. the first batch of jb's to hit u.s. had momotaro and japan blue on the label.. im not refering to the "going to battle" series, which was an obvious collab,given the stripes and pink inseam.. just wondering how this was a collab, or if it even was, or why it says momotaro on the label.. i know both brands are under the japan blue group/collect company.. somebody said it was just a good way of introducing the brand to the overseas market.. i recently bought a pair of the jb0101's off blue owl that still had "momotaro" on the label, so i was just wondering what the scoop was with this..

4. sofea

sofea New Member

[​IMG]i'm new to momotaro.. how does my fit look like? is it ok? ty

5. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Our shipment was from the first prdoction run. They have only been available 3 months, so evolution photos probably will not start showing online until September at the earlist.

It is confusing and probably silly to do by Japan Blue, they should have had an original Japan Blue label from the beginning on that model so it wouldn't be as confusing....but Japanese do funny things sometimes. The new 0401 has a Japan Blue patch and the 0701 and 0101 in the next productions will probably use this same patch.

Basically you are right, Japan Blue used Momotaro as a way to introduce the Japan Blue label. As Japan Blue increases production, they will have their own patches and hardware used throughout.

6. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior member

This was from a while ago but still fun to watch!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012

7. El Argentino

So if one wants Momo quality on the JB's, it'd be advised to pick them up early before all production switches over...?

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Hrmmm so main difference between the Japan Blue x Momotoro and the Japan Blue vintage (both tapered cut) is just the stripes/patch?

9. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The factories and quality will always be the same, just saying things like patches, tags, and hardware may not show the "Momotaro" logo in the future and will only show "Japan Blue" on some of the models. Basically they are working on branding of the "Japan Blue" label.

10. jus schilling

jus schilling Member

yeah, on my pair the only thing that is momotaro is on the patching.. if there is anything else is, they dont make it knowable to me..

youre right, that was a silly thing.. but a great pair of jeans.. i hope they do well at building up the this brand..

thanks for clearing that up..

el argentino.. i think the only thing diff on the new run is the patch, afaik..

11. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Does momo have a fit similar to the "tights straight" fit but has a narrower leg opening?

Is there a certain leg opening that qualifies for being considered "skinny jeans"? I ask because I am looking for a mens casual jean that I can wear to and from class. I am happy with what I have right now but I wouldn't mind trying something else. Oh and I dont care for different colors and all, I like deep indigo and that is about it.

12. El Argentino

This sounds like the JB0401. It's more tapered in the leg. Perhaps a tad larger in the thigh, but should be up your alley.

13. jus schilling

jus schilling Member

del-toro, damn thats cool as sht, man.. i dont know how id feel about doing that in the middle of the shop and on display in the window like that..

rawrdenim just posted a clip of momotaro/rumpaya.. interviews, etc.. its on their site, or i posted it on the blueowl thread here too..

2g's, son is baller..

14. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

The Copper Labels state Japan Blue on the patch. But this is due to the company name being also Japan Blue.

You have Japan Blue, which is the company... That owns both Collect and Rampuya, And then you have Japan Blue, registered as a brand name, aside of Momotaro.