• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

I reckon a serious number of 'original' clothing offerings are ****... move on, buy something of quality and avoid crap 're-brands'. (****** imports striping us up!)

truth Ed. looking smart doesnt have to have a brand name attached, just a good eye.

loempiavreter

Reaction score

Claudio of DNAgroove does very nice shirts as well. Now his collars are HUGE, which will not be for everyone. But he does use high quality 100% cotton shirting cloth and MOP buttons, a nice touch on a "scene" shirt. Fit is very good, and nearly same as Mikkel's.

You can get shirts with 3 finger-length collars easy if you request it from him (I think it's the Siena model, if I recall correctly). The fact that he offers shirts with larger collars has made him stood out of the crowd, but that never meant he didn't sell any other type of shirts, that's some misinformation that has been spread around.

http://showroom.dnagroove.it/

(And you can always ask Claudio if he a certain material, pattern, colour, type, for a shirt available, fo example I don't think oxford shirts of any colour are available @ showroom, but you can request those most of the time).

Talking about shirt's why is it so hard to get shirt with a bit larger sized stripes, like the kid in the middle here:

Modern day Ben Sherman do one, but the collars don't have a nice roll and are 2 fingers big... (and it's modern day ben sherman...)
http://www.bensherman.com/euro/shirts/long-sleeve/plectrum-clerkenwell-collar-shirt-3.html

Last edited:

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
dave, remember those "paul weller" ben sherman shirts they did about 6-7 years ago? those were wide striped, iirc had the proper size collar etc. never got one myself, but they looked ok.

just recently got a striped s/s from Claudio that is quite good, wide striped with a mix of bronze-brown, light blue and burgundy. smart color palette

and yes yer right, he can customize aspects to the design, i was going off the general selection on his site, for s/s shirts I think there is only one collar size (4 finger).

i found a Gant striped bd last year that looks very similar to the guy in your pic but in a burnt orange colorway instead of green. but similar wider stripe with a muted color. soft oxford cloth, 3rd neck button, back pleat (not sewn down but can be done so easily)

soundsnpressure

Reaction score
Relco are doing a candy striped shirt now. £25 from an e-bay seller, free postage too.
100% cotton. I don't normally recommend cheap shirts but I do like this one

Last edited:

soundsnpressure

Reaction score
You can see the collar size here. Not Brilliant but an easy 3 finger roll.

Shame it's only available in Black and white. Would love to see a burgundy, or a dark pink.

Last edited:

Gramps

Reaction score
That relco is a blatant rip off of the ltd edition Bengali stripe that Fred perry did a couple of years back.

soundsnpressure

Reaction score
Or Beetlejuice

you cheeky bleeder
biggrin.gif

Beetlejuice is a good un!, I was expecting Convict or Mime artist/1950's ice cream seller..
Is this the Fred Perry you had in mind.. I've seen this actual shirt in the flesh after a couple of washes and it was pretty shabby to be fair.

Last edited:

Gramps

Reaction score
Terrys is a nice shirt, but the perry is bobbins. And it's about £90.
Have you ever washed a relco shirt? I got a couple when hey came out, for work and they washed terrible, looked like searsucker and shrank.

Dunno if they're any better now. Think warrior are the same shirts tbh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads