• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

theNarcissist

Reaction score
Got my pair of 12153Y from the Classic collection, Olfe last. Probably first real wear tomorrow, will update here after some time on how they feel.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those suedes look good man.

does anyone have a Hiro and Olfe in the same size. I am curious as to what the intended difference in peak width is meant to be.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jumping on the bandwagon for this - who's keeping a list?

Think p.henrick is looking after it all but as a running total so far it would be

1. P.Henrick
2. Osiris
3. IanGP

3 more to avoid the MTO charge.

Last edited:

zinc2162

Reaction score
Think p.henrick is looking after it all but as a running total so far it would be

1. P.Henrick
2. Osiris
3. IanGP

Hi, I just want to confirm. The price of these boots are USD$400?

Also, can someone from Canada who has purchased from Meermin to share the cost of shipping, duties, taxes please?

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, I just want to confirm. The price of these boots are USD$400?

Also, can someone from Canada who has purchased from Meermin to share the cost of shipping, duties, taxes please?

Price ex VAT would be just under $450 and shipping to Canada is €30 iirc. They ship FedEx so duty, tax and fees is probably about another grand :D

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I could live with brown too. The boot on their Instagram looks great. I prefer olfe to hiro, unless we think they are going to mess it up by changing the last vs their stock boot.

This let's KISS, keep it short and simple. Let's take their stock version and keep leather or double leather soles as meermin seems to have a problem working with dainite. I am interested in dark brown color.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brown cap toes ready to be shipped (after canceling 2 previous order, going to go for it :eek:)

phew, no need to wait 30 days..

konda

Reaction score
^ You make me lol getto. No logic in your behaviour.

And WTF no go for MTO chukkas anyone?!

Last edited:

zinc2162

Reaction score
Price ex VAT would be just under $450 and shipping to Canada is €30 iirc. They ship FedEx so duty, tax and fees is probably about another grand
biggrin.gif

Thanks.And damn FedEx...

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. P.Henrick
2. Osiris
3. IanGP

How the hell did we lose out on burgundy shell? I was in for that :(

thatitalian

Reaction score

Earlier this summer I've ordered 2 pairs of Meermin shoes:

The double monks in dark brown calf (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338) and tassel loafers in dark brown calf (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1938).

Before placing an order, I've contacted the sales consultant (via their website) on the sizing of the shoes. I usually wear 9.5 UK in G or F fit. The Meermin person advised me to place order in the same exact size, 9.5.

I have to say that once I've received the shoes, I was quite disappointed by the sizing - they fit very, I mean VERY, snug. I would say they that are a full 0.5 size smaller than my C&Js, Loakes and Barker shoes (they are all 9.5). I took the shoes to the cobbler to stretch them out a bit (they were extremely uncomfortable to walk in, even painful), and after a few fittings, they are now at least bearable to walk around in.

Other than that - the build quality, the leather and everything, I am very pleased with my Meermins.

Just wanted to share my experience with Meermin and warn potential buyers - it may be reasonable to order a 0.5 size up from your usual size. Maybe even measure the length of soles on your current shoes, and compare them to the lengths of Meermin lasts. 

I wish I had this infor 30 dyas ago as I have placed an order for exactly the same shoes plus brown oxfords and MTO single monks in exactly the same size. I am also a 9.5 UK F or G, at least all my Herrings are that size.

I also contacted the sales person who gave the same advice.

I hope they fit me well otherwise I am going to be annoyed after dropping £1k on shoes.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish I had this infor 30 dyas ago as I have placed an order for exactly the same shoes plus brown oxfords and MTO single monks in exactly the same size. I am also a 9.5 UK F or G, at least all my Herrings are that size.

I also contacted the sales person who gave the same advice.

I hope they fit me well otherwise I am going to be annoyed after dropping £1k on shoes.

I understand that you would be annoued if they don't fit, but you should never buy three pairs at once from a maker you've never tried on irl. Even if you send measurements and get advice from the seller, it's just a too big gamble since fit is so hard to pin point without actually trying shoes on.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elstir2024