• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A couple more pics Mario..

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look good and you're right, Olfe looks splendid.

Manlets need not apply on the no-break look; that'd be ~26" inseam on me.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think it looks short because i need to hunch over to get the pic. my pants sit right below the hips so they hike up a little when i lean over. im 6"2 and those pants have a 32" inseam

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They look good and you're right, Olfe looks splendid.
olfe is very similar to carmina rain last in both sizing and shape

and a couple of notes on the burgundy shell:

-thicker than horween
-not as lustrous as alden #8 but i like that
-color most resembles my crockett & jones burgundy shell

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its amazing how much impact light has on shoes isnt it, looks like you gave them a polish in between the first and second shot :p

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol, i actually took the darker pic first. but yeah to your point, lighting is everything

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thank you sir! i was admiring the crease in your pants from the rock your socks thread. I failed here in my attempt to reproduce that image. lol
yes, i do. 1 size down from my US size

Haha. I bet IRL those look good cause I'm almost as tall as you (6'1") and use a 32" inseam too. :)

About the size, glad to hear that, cause on the rain last I had to take the 8.5UK instead of 8, and Meermin recommended 8 UK.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thank you sir! i was admiring the crease in your pants from the rock your socks thread. I failed here in my attempt to reproduce that image. lol
yes, i do. 1 size down from my US size

It's amazing how the sizing is fucked up I take 10 in Rain last and I ordered Hiro in 10 too. Hiro were too small for me I was under impression that Hiro is wider than Olfe.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how the sizing is fucked up I take 10 in Rain last and I ordered Hiro in 10 too. Hiro were too small for me I was under impression that Hiro is wider than Olfe.
That is precisely what I am puzzling about.

I am debating on whether to pull trigger on the burgundy brogues in the Olfe last. Rain fits fine, but Hiro crimps a bit, and since Olfe is narrower, it should crimp more than Hiro??? But apparently not...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads