1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Meermin has deals? link?

2. B Rad

B Rad Active Member

Hey guys, being colorblind I was wondering what color suits you wear with the plum museum? Thanks!

3. mimo

mimo Senior member

Light grey would be excellent.

It's a summery, casual colour, so would look odd with a navy chalk stripe DB. But I think pretty much anything that's a notch down in formality - beige linen, Air Force blue, grey blazer suit, etc - would work pretty well. And I think lighter colours are better.

4. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

I would wear mine with a lighter shade of navy, mid grey or light grey

2 people like this.
  5. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Here is an good primer on color combinations.
    http://www.academichic.com/2009/02/02/fashion-101-how-to-combine-colors/

if you follow it rotely you will be better than most even if you cant see the differences between two shades of colors.

Not sure if you can can see how saturated a color is. But that is also sometimes important.

Also I believe the plum museum can almost be used like brown shoes. (Think of it is an slightly less formal brown shoe. And definetly not an informal shoe.)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  6. B Rad

B Rad Active Member

Thanks for the information - and the helpful color guide link! I just wanted to make sure it would match some (any?) of my suits before making the purchase. And I have no light-grey suits - but a mid-grey, navy, blue pinstripe, and charcoal. Sounds like mixed reviews, but I should be able to pull it off with at least the mid-grey (and maybe the blue pinstripe and navy?).

7. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

I feel like it would work as an slighly less formal brown in most cases. (Grey/Black/Dark-Blue suit)

With a medium-blue suit it is the loudest since the color clashes/pops. But it is still okay to wear but maybe less so with taking to your boss.

A question for you, is red still a bright color to you?

========Aside============
    I was looking around at some pictures that simulate how folks with color blindness see things and now I understand some of my firiends odd fasion choices. It would be funny to one day find out that all the goth ninjas where all folks that were colorblind.[​IMG]

Here some pics :)
    [​IMG]

Various types or color blindness:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The whole world is very different. Scary for me to think about.
    ==============================================

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  8. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

I have a pair of contemporary oxbloods, so they are slightly brighter than the plum museum (by the looks of it) anyway I wear them with mid grey, navy and lighter navy colours and they always go down a treat often with compliments, I suspect the plums would work much the same. Make sure you grab a belt though maybe the meermin burgundy or the Equus leather burgundy should also work.

As for colourblind its amazing how common it actually is, although better to have sight without colours than no sight at all. I wouldn't mind only seeing the world in black and white, everyone looks classier when you apply black and white filters to them :p

9. Half-Pint

Half-Pint Member

Im looking at getting a pair of brown calf tassel loafers but I'm a bit worried about sizing. I have the Ama last in 6.5 which is a bit small both length wise and especially in the toe box. I have the Olfe last in a 7 which is like it was custom made for my foot.

I am leaning towards a 7 in the Ron last but a bit concerned that without lacing and considering they are wider than the Olfe they may be too loose?

10. B Rad

B Rad Active Member

Thanks for all the help guys - I'm going to pull the trigger (with a burgundy belt as well)!

Also, I am definitely not totally color blind (i.e. only see in black & white). I can see and identify most standard colors, but shades are tricky for me - dark blues and purples can be indistinguishable, light greens can look like yellow, dark greens can look like brown, etc.. Apparently my form of color blindness also reduces my ability to see colors as brightly as 'normal people' - so while a bright red will definitely look bright red to me, it's just relative to how I perceive other colors and probably isn't as objectively bright as you see it.

I generally run my clothing purchases by friends to confirm colors (especially when websites don't list them explicitly, which is annoying for me) - and then just memorize what colors go with what for pairing, but "plum shoes" was a difficult one to track down. :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  11. yipjam

yipjam Senior member

Does anyone know or have any photos of how the Meermin Tan Country Calf boot compares to the Crockett and Jones Coniston?

12. Harryd14

Harryd14 Member

Does anybody know what the conversion rate from Euro to US$ is? I would imagine its not a fixed rate, but i you never know. Also, as european prices already include VAT, is that VAT value deducted from our purchase price? Just trying to get a better estimate of what my price is actually going to be.

13. ElliottN

ElliottN Active Member

you're a lot better off just googling it, but right now it's about 1 EUR = 1.36 USD, and yes, for deliveries outside of the EU VAT does get deducted, but your customs might charge you for it. Hope this helps [​IMG]

14. Harryd14

Harryd14 Member

Thanks Elliott. I already knew what the exchange rate was, it just didnt know if they had it pegged at a pre-determined rate already or if they just used the current rate. I was more interested in how the VAT part works. I did a very brief search and it looks like VAT is approx. 20% in spain, but that was just according to wikipedia... not always accurate.

15. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

You pay though paypal and paypal uses its own current rate. Meermin only accepts Euros. Really it will +/- $10 if the total price.

So stop worring about this. (There are also 100 posts like this if you search. Try searching 160 and vat)

Here is what you will pay (Vat is 21 %):
    TOTAL_EUR = 160/1.21 EUR + 35 EUR

Now convert that the USD or you own currency and that is what you will give meermin.
    TOTAL_EUR * 1.36 = TOTAL_USD

Just make sure you like the shoe and the price and the fit.

16. Harryd14

Harryd14 Member

Thanks for the info man. I have read through quite a few of the pages of this thread and subscribed to it a couple weeks ago but hadn't come across anything that really mentioned it. but i definitely forgot about the search function! [​IMG]

sorry for the duplicate question!!

17. markfjh

markfjh Well-Known Member

Presents from Mallorca arrived today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Meermin

Meermin Senior member

Hi Guys,

Here are some pictures of the new handwelted Light brown Naturcalf double monks we have just introduced. Made on the Olfe last & finished with single leather soles.

More info here: -------> #102341 Light brown Naturcalf

We hope you like them!

Thanks!

- The Meermin Team -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es
    MTO inquiries please email us at MTO@meermin.es

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter · Pinterest

4 people like this.
  19. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

Doubt I'll get any bites but would anyone be interested in a really boring staple style MTO?

I'm imagining these two shoes:

[​IMG]

No perf, in New Ray or Park, in black calf. Dainite sole on the boot, single leather on the derby.

20. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

So basically a Meermin tetbury/highbury?