• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mrlol

Reaction score
Can someone help me in recommending my second pair of trousers i want to order, im not sure which fabric to choose.

I ordered the trial pants and the fabric was way to thick for me.

No flannels, more like chinos.. Cotton/linen mix maybe.
Or pure cotton, but had bad experience getting the trial pants fabric thinking all pure cotton will be that thick and heavy?

Also dark grey/mid grey suit pants.

Cheers!

Last edited:

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire has a lot of different weights of cotton trousers. The ‘fresco’ cotton is the lightest I have found, very porous.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me in recommending my second pair of trousers i want to order, im not sure which fabric to choose.

I ordered the trial pants and the fabric was way to thick for me.

No flannels, more like chinos.. Cotton/linen mix maybe.
Or pure cotton, but had bad experience getting the trial pants fabric thinking all pure cotton will be that thick and heavy?

Also dark grey/mid grey suit pants.

Cheers!

This is probably my favorite dark/mid grey dress pants I’ve ever ordered from Luxire:

weriker

Reaction score
The perfect tobacco has been ordered and will be available in about 3 weeks.
Without wanting to be too persistent, I take the liberty of asking, when this tobacco linen will be availabe?

I'm about to place an order, if that linen were available soon, I'd wait a bit longer.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Without wanting to be too persistent, I take the liberty of asking, when this tobacco linen will be availabe?

I'm about to place an order, if that linen were available soon, I'd wait a bit longer.

Not yet gone into weaving sadly. Will explain:
Most linen fabrics we buy in the market are woven with single ply yarn. Very few fabrics, from mills like Holland & Sherry, are woven with 2-ply yarns. The fabric is so much more superior.

Rarely are linen fabrics woven with 3-ply yarns. The resultant cloth is amazing. The comfort, look and wrinkling are very classy. For this order, we are working with spinners to get the 3-ply yarn made. It is taking longer than anticipated.
With this yarn, the weaving and then using some of the best processing techniques, we are trying to create arguably the best linen fabric available. If it works well, we will offer it in many other colors.

We seem to have missed the bus for this season but should arrive early for the next one.

martingfx

Reaction score
Luxire has a lot of different weights of cotton trousers. The ‘fresco’ cotton is the lightest I have found, very porous.
I ordered a pair in fresco cotton last week. Looking forward to wearing them this summer. Do they hold a crease well?

Edit: Just got a shipping notice so I guess we’ll see real soon!

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this considered more of a Fall winter fabric? Is it warm?

These are a light, airy cloth and I definitely wouldn’t consider them winter weight. I live in Florida so I can wear them basically year round, but if you live in a cooler climate, you can probably only wear them in summer/spring.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Add a contemporary edge to your formal look with this Light Blue Stripes Oxford shirt. This design is delicately crafted from Premium cotton.

Details:
Collar: Broke and bespoke collar
Cuff: One button cuff with light unfused lining
Back side pleats
No pocket
No placket

Attachments

• #31097A_1.jpg
    #31097A_1.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 179

beanmachine314

Reaction score
I ordered a pair in fresco cotton last week. Looking forward to wearing them this summer. Do they hold a crease well?

Edit: Just got a shipping notice so I guess we’ll see real soon!

Did you get them lined? I just ordered a pair of the apple fresco unlined trying to get something for the hottest summer days here and now I'm a bit worried they may be see through.

Also, does anyone know if the apple fresco and other cotton frescos are the same? The other fabrics don't look to be woven quite as open as the apple fresco but it's hard to tell from the pictures.

martingfx

Reaction score
Did you get them lined? I just ordered a pair of the apple fresco unlined trying to get something for the hottest summer days here and now I'm a bit worried they may be see through.

Also, does anyone know if the apple fresco and other cotton frescos are the same? The other fabrics don't look to be woven quite as open as the apple fresco but it's hard to tell from the pictures.
I ordered the apple fresco, lined to the knee!

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The 'apple' colour, because it's a little darker, doesn't seem sheer or see-through; I can't speak for the other colours either in terms of weave or transparency.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads