• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

blindlemonjeff

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting some trousers made from Luxire as my first foray into their world.

Has anyone had any experience ordering a pair of trousers in their default patterns? I'm not inclined to send anything in, because the trousers I would want replicated are one of my only pairs in a summer weight wool.

I had my eye on their high waisted dress pants and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on ordering them "off the peg", as it were.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wrote an email to enquire about ordering two shirts and to confirm my choice of fabric was available

Luxire confirmed yes it was so I paid immediately for both

They then sent me multiple emails questioning various design details which I answered

Several weeks later I received another email saying that the fabric was no longer available

Obviously I was annoyed that they had promised me the fabric was available (I specifically confirmed this)

I asked for a refund of my money and have received no further correspondence (or refund) for over a week despite sending multiple follow up emails

The ineptitude is quite staggering but something I have encountered a number of times from Indian "businesses"

I will now be forced to lodge a paypal dispute

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wrote an email to enquire about ordering two shirts and to confirm my choice of fabric was available

Luxire confirmed yes it was so I paid immediately for both

They then sent me multiple emails questioning various design details which I answered

Several weeks later I received another email saying that the fabric was no longer available

Obviously I was annoyed that they had promised me the fabric was available (I specifically confirmed this)

I asked for a refund of my money and have received no further correspondence (or refund) for over a week despite sending multiple follow up emails

The ineptitude is quite staggering but something I have encountered a number of times from Indian "businesses"

I will now be forced to lodge a paypal dispute

Apologies for the delay in refund, it has now been processed.

We are still working with the fabric supplier to get some more fabric for your orders, hence the delay.

Apologies again.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It is amazing how quickly we get to nationality / race etc for issues that can be so human.

WhereNext

Reaction score
@luxire @LuxireStudio Do you have any pictures of different patch pockets for jackets you've made? Happy to see any pictures of nice patch pockets anyone else wants to offer to supplement some Google sleuthing of my own....

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Dear Styleforum community,

I want to start the process of a first pair of trousers. My idea is to get the often seen style of high waisted dress pants with double pleats.

Attached you see the pair of trousers I want to send in. I know and now understand that these are quite slim and I need a little more space around the legs and I need to increase the rise. But can I go with these trousers and send them to Luxire ? Do you have others comments what I should give them as commentary ?

My plan is to go with the trial pants first. My aim is to achieve a decent fit with one or double pleats in future with a mid to high rise.

Thanks for all the help for a newbie
:)

(I stole some pics of trousers I liked and the direction I want to go credits to Wilson13 and Darinventory on IG)

EB5FC747-CF29-4CBE-9376-6204FB266DE0.jpeg

AC83D5EC-A61C-4E49-A825-CC6F189A7763.jpeg

78B042E2-7A4B-4BB3-A6D8-73A9FC66B93E.jpeg

1D91264D-2FAB-45B6-BD90-88B384C6DA0D.jpeg

C499FDDF-387C-46D1-9291-80025F62BF3B.jpeg

9BC1DB74-8871-4DAE-80EE-ADDBAF197024.png

weriker

Reaction score

I also had to realize that answering times at the moment are much longer than normal. I've been waiting for some fit advice for more than ten days now (of course I have sent follow-ups).

Well, patience is needed :)

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I also had to realize that answering times at the moment are much longer than normal. I've been waiting for some fit advice for more than ten days now (of course I have sent follow-ups).

Well, patience is needed :)

Fit advise can take longer. They are replied to after discussions between the fit expert/s and the master/s, involves study of the images, fabric, pattern review etc.
So yes, patience is needed.

blindlemonjeff

Reaction score
@luxire

What is the current turnaround time for sending in and getting a pair of trousers returned?

They're my only summer pair, which is both why I need you to make more and also why I need them back in a hurry!

Quesjac

Reaction score
@luxire

What is the current turnaround time for sending in and getting a pair of trousers returned?

They're my only summer pair, which is both why I need you to make more and also why I need them back in a hurry!
I believe that SOP is to keep the replication pair until after the copy is made, both to check one against the other and to reduce shipping costs/emissions. I'd suggest you're better off finding another solution if you need these in your rotation right now. Maybe there's a way around it, but could you get a second pair from wherever you got the first?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire

We are seeing an average turnaround of 3 weeks currently.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the steel blue? How is the fabric? Looking for something cool and casual.
In my account page, it is listed as Blue knitted pique, but it links to the Steel Blue that you are referring to. Maybe @luxire can clarify if it is the same fabric? Fabric is stretchy, possibly too stretchy, and it is nubby in some places as you would expect from a linen blend. It's my first popover from Luxire, so the fit could be a bit better as I tried to have the fit translated over from my dress shirt, so a bit of a work in progress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads