• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3290E44C-45B6-4D4D-960C-62FEA9B5884E.jpeg

This blue micro-houndstooth linen shirt (https://luxire.com/products/blue-micro-gingham-linen#/) held up wonderfully for a destination wedding down in Jamaica a couple days ago. It was hot as hell and I still sweat though it, but it was perfect for the occasion. Highly recommend this fabric!

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been wearing my micro-houndstooth linen for almost four years now (!) and it's still one of my favorite late spring to summer shirts.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing my micro-houndstooth linen for almost four years now (!) and it's still one of my favorite late spring to summer shirts.

I had one for about 4-5 years and I wore the hell out of it so much that it started to literally fall apart after being worn and dry cleaned so many times. I just got this new one and it’s very similar to the old one. The color is just a little bit lighter on this new one.

Quesjac

Reaction score

weriker

Reaction score
I don't understand "fluttery" but the heavier cloths are great. 11oz cotton/linen canvas still wears pretty cool, and feels so much more robust than 6-8oz linens do.
Well, that's exactly what I'm worrying about, that the 7oz linen cotton might be too flimsy and doesn't drape well.

Ok, I'll rather look into the heavier fabrics then.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Well, that's exactly what I'm worrying about, that the 7oz linen cotton might be too flimsy and doesn't drape well.

Ok, I'll rather look into the heavier fabrics then.
I think I'm sore about it because I just wore through a nice zegna pure linen trouser recently. My recommendation would be to go heavier or else to go with wool/silk/linen for strength and drape.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had one for about 4-5 years and I wore the hell out of it so much that it started to literally fall apart after being worn and dry cleaned so many times. I just got this new one and it’s very similar to the old one. The color is just a little bit lighter on this new one.
You should wash shirts at home, they will likely last longer and have a nicer feel. Just my opinion. Enjoy the weekend.

aj805

Reaction score
My guess would be that those 7oz pants will wear like tissue paper. I also second the recommendation for the linen cotton canvas fabrics, they are just fantastic--they've got a nice heft for drape but breathe very well, wonderful summer pants fabric.

martingfx

Reaction score
About to order my first pair of trousers from Luxire. Does anyone have any linen/cotton fabric suggestions below $99 that I can use as trial?

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
We are seeing an average turnaround of 3 weeks currently.
Is this quote true for shirts as well? Does it stand even if the trousers need alterations (just the inseam)? I waited well over six weeks for my last order and want to place an order for some linens - would be nice to wear them before summer's end.

MrTRC

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered this fabric before:
https://luxire.com/products/brown-herringbone-linen-cotton-pants#/

I'm a bit hesitant, as I'm afraid it might be just a little too thin and "fluttery". Any opinions?

I, too, subscribe to the 'heavier-is-best' school of thought with regards to trousers ( I wear 16+ oz trousers 3/4 of the year) but I have ordered the aforementioned trousers (not yet received).

However, I tried an even lighter-weight pair : https://custom.luxire.com/products/cotton-twill-british-khaki-bf_663961?variant=26061144072#/ and it has worn fine- more than fine actually and for around a relatively inexpensive 100 bucks, it was worth a risk.

I am not as in love with the linen-cotton canvas as many are here. It wears fine for what it is but they are not colorfast ( mine, anyway) and as I machine wash them, it has faded in parts in a not-so- attractive way so i repurposed them. I chopped a pair and use it as shorts and the other for garden work.

This OTOH is special (https://custom.luxire.com/products/linen_natural_ecru_heavy_vintage?variant=601017689#/) ; can't recommend it highly enough. Only wish there more colours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads