• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Andy_00

Reaction score
this I just dont understand...........why???....it shouldnt happen

A bit of a mystery. Mostly, the measurements matched the original pair but the fit was very different. I think it is to do with aspects which are about shape rather than measurements - e.g. shape of the seat seam. Everything I have had from Luxire have had a weird tightness through the crotch that makes them uncomfortable and throws excess around the seat. I think it is just something in the fundamentals of how they draft a pattern, irrespective of the measurements used.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire I'm thinking of ordering a few pairs of Brisbane Moss corduroys this autumn. Can you advise on the best way of caring for the fabric and if it needs to be dry-cleaned? I've had rotten luck with other brands of corduroy trousers in the past and they always seem to lose their colour and become shapeless after a few months of wear.

BM cords are quite hard wearing.
Machine wash cold, tumble dry in low heat. Use a mild detergent.

Tastethesoup

Reaction score
@luxire I'm going to place an order for a 4 pocket field jacket. Cotton and probably somewhere in the beige/sand/cream colour range. My first preference would probably be for the Brisbane Moss Sand Canvas - can you advise if this would be suitable and if there's anything else you'd recommend?

Secondly, can you offer a trial makeup in scrap material before doing the finished jacket? I think I've seen references to you doing this for sport coats somewhere. I have a few similar jackets that I can use for various measurements but I'm just concerned about getting the pocket size and placement right.

Did you have this made up? How was the communication, timing, and results?

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you have this made up? How was the communication, timing, and results?

I didn't. I decided instead to start out with a pair of chinos and a shirt to dip my toes into the online MTM world. The chinos were close but not quite right, the shirt was virtually perfect. Communication has been good and the timing seems to quite quick at the moment - about two to four weeks for orders to be fulfilled. I can't see myself ever going back to RTW shirts/trousers.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience, over dozens of pairs of pants and a fair few shirts, is that fit is highly dependent on the fabric.

I think we can all predict those fabrics which will work best - heavy, dense stuff which will drape well and obviate any minor fit issues.

However the other part of this is not just how the fabric makes up, but also how it wears. For example loosely woven linens are more likely to bag out over time and thus become more generous in fit.

This is where online MTM differs from in-person bespoke. The latter may have a narrower selection of cloth, but will also draw on the tailors’ capacity to see you in person and watch how the garment reacts to your body.

Luxire’s capacity to provide feedback based on photos of you wearing the garments is great, but the feedback may be dependent on a very similar cloth being used for the next pair.

Tastethesoup

Reaction score
I didn't. I decided instead to start out with a pair of chinos and a shirt to dip my toes into the online MTM world. The chinos were close but not quite right, the shirt was virtually perfect. Communication has been good and the timing seems to quite quick at the moment - about two to four weeks for orders to be fulfilled. I can't see myself ever going back to RTW shirts/trousers.

Gotcha. I've started off down the path of having a field jacket made a couple times, but still have hesitations because I'm not sure if a couple elements fabric selection, and styling preferences.

On the shirts and trousers, my experience has been similar to yours. 6 trousers and 10 shirts in now. It's been an incremental process for sure (especially with adding pleats to the trouser pattern), but I've been happy with results at the second version of each.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Stylish Hollywood Pants with jeans style closure made in 100% Cotton Dugdale Plain Navy

Hollywood style with the hidden buttons closure pant with continuous waistband one-piece front. Stylist hollywood style with a amazing soft & comfortable fabric.

* Fishtail back with suspender buttons.

* Perfect to be worn with checks or printed smart casual shirts with roll up sleeve.

#29396.jpg

#29396_1.jpg

#29396_2.jpg

#29396_3.jpg

#29396_4.jpg
#29396_5.jpg

RickyTakhar

Reaction score
My experience, over dozens of pairs of pants and a fair few shirts, is that fit is highly dependent on the fabric.

I think we can all predict those fabrics which will work best - heavy, dense stuff which will drape well and obviate any minor fit issues.

However the other part of this is not just how the fabric makes up, but also how it wears. For example loosely woven linens are more likely to bag out over time and thus become more generous in fit.

This is where online MTM differs from in-person bespoke. The latter may have a narrower selection of cloth, but will also draw on the tailors’ capacity to see you in person and watch how the garment reacts to your body.

Luxire’s capacity to provide feedback based on photos of you wearing the garments is great, but the feedback may be dependent on a very similar cloth being used for the next pair.
From personal experience I would always have fit adjustement based on a lighter fabric. As this will show more imperfections in your pattern

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Washed Blue Twill Chino

* 100% Cotton light weight, for all season wear with slant pocket, metal adjusters on waist seam and customized extra long extended front closure.Two rear pocket with button for stylish look.

* Can be worn for office as well as casuals with checks or prints. Perfect for both office & summer evening dinner, a nice light color jacket can make u look sharp when paired together.

#30087_2.jpg

#30087.jpg

#30087_1.jpg

#30087_4.jpg

#30087_5.jpg

#30087_6.jpg

#30087_7.jpg

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Blue Classic Oxford

* 100% Cotton, softly woven for summer comfort, perfect for all season with special 1 mm stainless steel collar-stays with 20 stitches per inch, for the refined look.* Thick mother-of-pearl buttons with a light weight fabric can be comfortably worn, can be easily paired with chinos or formal trousers.

#250234_1.jpg

#250234_2.jpg

#250234_3.jpg

Last edited:

HLR182

Reaction score
Washed Blue Twill Chino

* 100% Cotton light weight, for all season wear with slant pocket, metal adjusters on waist seam and customized extra long extended front closure.Two rear pocket with button for stylish look.

* Can be worn for office as well as casuals with checks or prints. Perfect for both office & summer evening dinner, a nice light color jacket can make u look sharp when clubbed.

View attachment 1020582

I haven't ordered from you before and am a little confused. If I click on the link, it takes me to a trial pants page, but I don't see this style as an option, nor do I see the fabric. Can you provide more info?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't ordered from you before and am a little confused. If I click on the link, it takes me to a trial pants page, but I don't see this style as an option, nor do I see the fabric. Can you provide more info?

The right link. Will have this fixed tomorrow.

HLR182

Reaction score
The right link. Will have this fixed tomorrow.

Your pictures here looks flat front, that link has pleats. Maybe thats a customization option, I'm not familiar. Just so I am clear though, I should order trial pants first, right? If I order the trials first, is this style an option? I don't see it.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Your pictures here looks flat front, that link has pleats. Maybe thats a customization option, I'm not familiar. Just so I am clear though, I should order trial pants first, right? If I order the trials first, is this style an option? I don't see it.

Most of our product links are of fabrics. These can be ordered to be made in any style.

You can choose to order trial pants to begin with. Yes, this style can be ordered in trial pants too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads