• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

CorozoButton

Reaction score
I'd like to order a suit from them after reading your review. @luxire is there a way for us to order suits? I don't see the option on the site. Was this only a promotion?

Good to hear. I'd like to thank you for pointing out how harsh the original text of the review sounded. I am still editing bits here and there. When I wrote it, I felt that it was implied that everything else was great except those few negatives, but it seems that's not how other people read it, and after reading back over it, I can understand that and see how I gave that impression, for sure.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1011555 View attachment 1011556 View attachment 1011557 Unpacked my shirts today. Haven’t worn them yet, but they’re all linen and feel very soft and breezy to the touch. Didn’t go for pleated/shirred sleeve heads this time around, I was worried the linen fabric would be to stiff and just bunch in the shoulders when moving around. However, this linen fabric is so lovely, I will for sure try it in the future.
Went for embroided initials on left rib, requested a color matching the stripe except on the red one where I went for navy, and white on the blue shirt. Very happy with the outcome.
Also sprung for a terry cloth polo shirt. Wasn’t expecting a bd collar, but that’s on me not being clear enough, and it’s no biggie.
Never had a terry shirt before, but I’ve been eying them for some time, and decided to pull the plug after reading @UrbanComposition journal post about them.
This fabric feels quite heavy, so I’m hoping it will wear as cool as I expect it too.
Once you start wearing that terry cloth shirt, you'll wonder why you never had one before.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1011555 View attachment 1011556 View attachment 1011557 Unpacked my shirts today. Haven’t worn them yet, but they’re all linen and feel very soft and breezy to the touch. Didn’t go for pleated/shirred sleeve heads this time around, I was worried the linen fabric would be to stiff and just bunch in the shoulders when moving around. However, this linen fabric is so lovely, I will for sure try it in the future.
Went for embroided initials on left rib, requested a color matching the stripe except on the red one where I went for navy, and white on the blue shirt. Very happy with the outcome.
Also sprung for a terry cloth polo shirt. Wasn’t expecting a bd collar, but that’s on me not being clear enough, and it’s no biggie.
Never had a terry shirt before, but I’ve been eying them for some time, and decided to pull the plug after reading @UrbanComposition journal post about them.
This fabric feels quite heavy, so I’m hoping it will wear as cool as I expect it too.
Details on the stripes? they look gorgeous.

sid11111

Reaction score
So how did Proper Cloth pull it off?

Most of the time it boils down to budget and having the foresight to invest in good infrastructure. A website is pricey and time consuming and for a small business there are a lot more pressing operational issues, especially since the current website is serviceable.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure why it’s so hard to get a good website. I suspect that instead of hiring a company to build it for them they decided to do it in house.

My favorite topic, thank you for touching upon:
So far, we have only hired agencies. 5 in all. Some very well healed (and expensive) agencies in US, Canada, India and Germany.

Finally, a a couple of months ago, we decided to hire an in-house team. We have brought in a project manager, who is now working on building his own team. Hoping to see something visible in about 6 months.

In parallel, we are working with a NY based advisor who will keep analyzing the site and suggest changes.

Why is it so complex: E-commerce today is extremely simple and commoditized. Our business sadly does not fit into that template.
Every agency we have hired has been extremely excited about working with us and see us as "something different" and a challenge.

What the agencies do is try and fit our business into the e-commerce template. It has only worked in bits and pieces.

This is why I truly admire Propercloth for what they have built. I understand they do technology inhouse. We will hopefully get there someday, soon.

fhusuqinet

Reaction score
So far, we have only hired agencies. 5 in all. Some very well healed (and expensive) agencies in US, Canada, India and Germany.

Finally, a a couple of months ago, we decided to hire an in-house team. We have brought in a project manager, who is now working on building his own team. Hoping to see something visible in about 6 months.

In parallel, we are working with a NY based advisor who will keep analyzing the site and suggest changes.

Why is it so complex: E-commerce today is extremely simple and commoditized. Our business sadly does not fit into that template.
Every agency we have hired has been extremely excited about working with us and see us as "something different" and a challenge.

What the agencies do is try and fit our business into the e-commerce template. It has only worked in bits and pieces.

This is why I truly admire Propercloth for what they have built. I understand they do technology inhouse. We will hopefully get there someday, soon.

Not surprised you decided to go the in-house route. It's usually better if you want a fully customised product (read: that can change along with your business requirements) that isn't gonna cost you hundreds of thousands.
I think I'll say this for most people here, the current website is far from perfect but it is perfectly usable for now. Most features that I can think of can be resolve via good communication over emails or be found on this very thread. It's obviously slower but I prefer receiving a great pair of pants in 4 weeks than to have an ok pair of pants in 12 weeks :)

Quesjac

Reaction score

I think this is exactly right. If you're selling a mass produced product it's simple. A custom product doesn't fit the template. There's a reason that savile row tailors only sell their RTW online.

It's always a compromise between simplicity and customisation.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed something putting the shirt on, overall fit is good, but the sleeves are longer than expected, to say the least... Granted it hasn’t been washed yet.
I’m quite happy with the collar though, will see how it looks post washing but I’m quite sure I have found my permanent bd collar.
5375A7D8-A7FB-4742-8968-556F54FD7463.jpeg FB6219C1-DE25-45CE-AA71-D767FB242302.jpeg

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
Just noticed something putting the shirt on, overall fit is good, but the sleeves are longer than expected, to say the least... Granted it hasn’t been washed yet.
I’m quite happy with the collar though, will see how it looks post washing but I’m quite sure I have found my permanent bd collar.
View attachment 1011845 View attachment 1011842

It looks like their Kamakura BD? I have their Kamkaura with a band height at 3.5 cm and collar point length at 9.5 cm.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like their Kamakura BD? I have their Kamkaura with a band height at 3.5 cm and collar point length at 9.5 cm.
Don't know actually, I saw the collar at a picture on their site and asked for the same. Don't think it's the kamakura though, this is based of a miller menswear shirt I believe..

KWang94

Reaction score

+1 for transparency

Rylsa

Reaction score
Can anyone who has ordered polo shirts from Luxire churn in here? A few months back, I ordered a Blue Vista Stripes Shirt and an Olive Polo Shirt from Luxire and I took delivery of them yesterday.

Blue Vista Stripes Shirt
I feel that the shirt was very well made. I had several problems such as shoulder slope and I have been working with Luxire on trying to fix that. The fit is now close to what I was looking for.
IMG-5102.JPG

IMG-5104.JPG

Olive Polo Shirt
I felt that this can't be made from the same set of measurements that I had provided. The fit was unflattering: sleeves were very long, chest/shoulder was too big and armhole was cut very low:

IMG-5076.JPG
IMG-5099.JPG
IMG-5084.JPG
IMG-5105.JPG
Compared to the Blue Vista Stripes, the Olive Polo Shirt was a far cry. So I wrote to Luxire about the Polo and this was my response:

"Hello [.],

Thank you for the feedback. Knitted fabrics tend to expand on usage. Thus, the international accepted tolerance level for knits is 5%. Pique fabrics can expand even more. We cut and make the garment exactly as ordered and also try and keep the fabric behavior in mind. Still, a 5-7% difference in size can be expected at different stages of usage during the day
Thank you for the reply and sharing the images with us."

Unconvinced, I wrote back again with more photos with measurements. This was the response:

"Hello [.],

We do not have to check the measurement images. Indeed, knitted fabrics tend to expand. It is internationally accepted and also written at our site. Let us know how you would like to have the shirt. Do send the shirt back to us, we shall alter the same for you."
-----------

I would like check with others on how their Polo Shirts fit? These 2 shirts were made from the same measurements but they fit much differently. I was told this is the international norm. I thought about this rationally and the sleeves length can't be stretched at all by any means - and this is brand new when received. @luxire

Last edited:

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who has ordered polo shirts from Luxire churn in here? A few months back, I ordered a Blue Vista Stripes Shirt and an Olive Polo Shirt from Luxire and I took delivery of them yesterday.

Blue Vista Stripes Shirt
I feel that the shirt was very well made. I had several problems such as shoulder slope and I have been working with Luxire on trying to fix that. The fit is now close to what I was looking for.
View attachment 1011973

View attachment 1011978

Olive Polo Shirt
I felt that this can't be made from the same set of measurements that I had provided. The fit was unflattering: sleeves were very long, chest/shoulder was too big and armhole was cut very low:

View attachment 1011970
View attachment 1011972
View attachment 1011971
View attachment 1011979

Compared to the Blue Vista Stripes, the Olive Polo Shirt was a far cry. So I wrote to Luxire about the Polo and this was my response:

"Hello [.],

Thank you for the feedback. Knitted fabrics tend to expand on usage. Thus, the international accepted tolerance level for knits is 5%. Pique fabrics can expand even more. We cut and make the garment exactly as ordered and also try and keep the fabric behavior in mind. Still, a 5-7% difference in size can be expected at different stages of usage during the day
Thank you for the reply and sharing the images with us."

Unconvinced, I wrote back with photos and measurements of the Olive Polo. This was the response:

"Hello [.],

We do not have to check the measurement images. Indeed, knitted fabrics tend to expand. It is internationally accepted and also written at our site. Let us know how you would like to have the shirt. Do send the shirt back to us, we shall alter the same for you."
-----------

I would like check with others on how their Polo Shirts fit? These 2 shirts were made from the same measurements but they fit much differently. I was told this is the 'international norm'.I thought about this rationally and the sleeves length can't be stretched at all by any means - and this is brand new when received. @luxire

View attachment 1011975
I've seen similar issues before where the issue with sleeve length and the response from Luxire was simiar. I've actually only ordered ls polos on standard blocks from Luxire, so don't have any personal experience, however I agree it's hard to believe those are made on the same block considering those differences, but I also know pique fabrics are quite tricky and stretchy. I recommend you wash the shirt on at least 40 degrees. If you're daring, a 60 degree cycle might do the trick in shrinking it to a more accurate size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads