• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

star656

Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of pants in the 8/9 oz fresco and they're great. I don't have a jacket in it but I've heard from those who have that it isn't ideal. I have a couple suits, a couple pairs of pants and a sport coat in the 10 oz and that performs well in all applications. No fuzz ime.
Thank you, do your lightweight 8/9 oz pants have a half lining? Or none at all. I'm learning to really appreciate the half (front) lining on the heavy linens I own from luxire.

angusangus

Reaction score
I don’t want excess fabric to billow from the back. So I’m not quite sure what to do in this circumstance.

I don't mean to say "What you want is wrong" but polo shirts are generally worn casually and therefore cut with enough room for movement. I would have thought asking Luxire to replicate your existing shirt's (darted) dimensions would be sufficient. I can't help thinking a darted, skin-tight polo would make as much sense as jeans with pleats :devil:

taduuu

Reaction score
I am out of my comfort-zone so I am looking for advice or confirmation. I wear bd-collared shirts 99 times out of 100 and mostly without ties. I have several shirts with broke&bespoke collar and one with mercer collar and I like them all. But now I need an affordable basic white shirt to wear with a tie to my wedding. I would like to be able to wear this shirt afterwards as well. My wedding will just be small ceremony with families and dinner afterwards. My suit is from Suitsupply so it is rather slim and lapels are "normal" width.

Which collar and cloth should I go for my shirt? I was thinking white pinpoint oxford and Luxires italian collar. Are these OK? Is there some forum favourite cloths and collars I should take into consideration?

Thank you in advance.

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
I am out of my comfort-zone so I am looking for advice or confirmation. I wear bd-collared shirts 99 times out of 100 and mostly without ties. I have several shirts with broke&bespoke collar and one with mercer collar and I like them all. But now I need an affordable basic white shirt to wear with a tie to my wedding. I would like to be able to wear this shirt afterwards as well. My wedding will just be small ceremony with families and dinner afterwards. My suit is from Suitsupply so it is rather slim and lapels are "normal" width.

Which collar and cloth should I go for my shirt? I was thinking white pinpoint oxford and Luxires italian collar. Are these OK? Is there some forum favourite cloths and collars I should take into consideration?

Thank you in advance.

You can try Luxire Florentine Cutaway (Milanese Cutaway) It should work perfekt for your wedding. If you like a BD with more roll at the collar, I suggest that you select their Kamakura Osaka BD. Then you change the measurments at the collar point lenght to 10 cm, and the band height to 3,5 cm and you get a nice roll.

Quesjac

Reaction score

Thank you in advance.

I like the Italian collar and think it will be fine. Also consider "NOBD 2" and perhaps some others on the spreadsheet.

Pinpoint is good, broadcloth or twill perhaps a little more formal, though this is splitting hairs. I have a few white shirts in my cloth guide.

Rylsa

Reaction score
I don't mean to say "What you want is wrong" but polo shirts are generally worn casually and therefore cut with enough room for movement. I would have thought asking Luxire to replicate your existing shirt's (darted) dimensions would be sufficient. I can't help thinking a darted, skin-tight polo would make as much sense as jeans with pleats :devil:

Thanks, I have decided against darting the polo.

You can try Luxire Florentine Cutaway (Milanese Cutaway) It should work perfekt for your wedding. If you like a BD with more roll at the collar, I suggest that you select their Kamakura Osaka BD. Then you change the measurments at the collar point lenght to 10 cm, and the band height to 3,5 cm and you get a nice roll.

Any pictures on this modified kamakura osaka bd?

kugelblitz_

Reaction score
Hi all! First time poster here.

After a few iterations I have now achieved a pant fit which I feel pretty comfortable with. However, there are still many improvements to be made. The pants on the attached images are made in the Ink Blue Cotton Fresco fabric. How would you have adjusted the fit of the trousers below? I'm currently thinking about making the following adjustments:

• Pant length: +0.5 cm
  • Thigh: +0.5 cm
  • Knee: +0.5 cm
  • Hips: +0.5 cm
  • Decrease the back length at waist -1.5 cm (Luxire's advice to mitigate bunching below the seat)
  • Increase the back rise at crotch +0.5 cm (Luxire's advice to mitigate wedgie)
  • Increase the seat angle curve (Luxire's advice to mitigate wedgie)

IMG_20180611_195411.jpg IMG_20180611_195505.jpg IMG_20180611_195518.jpg IMG_20180611_195530.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
Thank you, do your lightweight 8/9 oz pants have a half lining? Or none at all. I'm learning to really appreciate the half (front) lining on the heavy linens I own from luxire.
Mine are unlined, and that's what's generally recommended to take full advantage of the fabric's open weave.

What do you like about lining for heavy linen, if you don't mind?

Last edited:

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have recieved my order for trial trousers, and I'm really underwhelmed.

(1) I went with the light weight coton trousers, and didn't select to have them lined. They are very sheer, and that's a disapointment which is on me. I considered dyeing them if they still fit right after a wash (spoiler alert, they didn't).

(2) I asked for 30.25 inseam and got 29.5 inseam instead

(3) I asked for a hook-tab (don't know the name) instead of the waistband button, and it wasn't properly attached. There is now a sharp metal spike protruding outwardly from the waistband (albeit small).

(4) I asked for "regular" cut and a single pleat. While the fit in the leg and calf is good, there isn't enough fabric at the hip to support the pleat, and it pulls open like a diaper.

(5) After the first wash, there is dramatic shrinkage (wash cold, air dry). The front rise dropped from 11 inch to 9,75 inch. The inseam is now 28.75 inch. The pleat is open 100% of the time. The leg is much slimmer than what I hoped.

So basically... These trousers are not wearable for me.

Do I have ground for a complaint or is it what to expect when you get trial pants? I have heard that Luxire has an "order at your own risk" business model, so I don't hope for much.

Last edited:

KWang94

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have recieved my order for trial trousers, and I'm really underwhelmed.

(1) I went with the light weight coton trousers, and didn't selec to have them lined. They are very sheer, and that's a disapointment which is on me. I considered dyeing them if they still fit right after a wash (spoiler alert, they didn't).

(2) I asked for 30.25 inseam and got 29.5 inseam instead

(3) I asked for a hook-tab (don't lknow the name) instead of the waistband button, and it wasn't properly attached. There is now a sharp metal spike protruding outwardly from the waistband (albeit small).

(4) I asked for "regular" cut and a single pleat. While the fit in the leg and calf is good, there isn't enough fabric at the hip to support the pleat, and it pulls open like a diaper.

(5) After the first wash, there is dramatic shrinkage (wash cold, air dry). The front rise dropped from 11 inch to 9,75 inch. The inseam is now 28.75 inch. The pleat is open 100% of the time. The leg is much slimmer than what I hoped.

So basically... These trousers are not wearable for me.

Do I have ground for a complaint or is it what to expect when you get trial pants? I have heard that Luxire has an "order at your own risk" business model, so I don't hope for much.

Hey Xavier, I'd recommend emailing Luxire directly. If it is indeed their mess up, I imagine they'll try to correct the situation.

Salut,

Kelvin

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody point me to the list Luxire has of available styling options? Need to pin it so I can track back to it. Always wind up forgetting.

Bazsy

Reaction score
Hi all! First time poster here.

After a few iterations I have now achieved a pant fit which I feel pretty comfortable with. However, there are still many improvements to be made. The pants on the attached images are made in the Ink Blue Cotton Fresco fabric. How would you have adjusted the fit of the trousers below? I'm currently thinking about making the following adjustments:

• Pant length: +0.5 cm
  • Thigh: +0.5 cm
  • Knee: +0.5 cm
  • Hips: +0.5 cm
  • Decrease the back length at waist -1.5 cm (Luxire's advice to mitigate bunching below the seat)
  • Increase the back rise at crotch +0.5 cm (Luxire's advice to mitigate wedgie)
  • Increase the seat angle curve (Luxire's advice to mitigate wedgie)

View attachment 989022 View attachment 989023 View attachment 989024 View attachment 989025
I would be much bolder with pants length increase and add a good 3-4cm (don't forget that you will have some shrinkage as well) as it is much easier to shorten pants later (that you should do after about 3 washes if it it's still needed).
Personally I would loosen the fit a bit overall to accommodate for the same shrinkage and because you look very slim right now and would profit from a looser fit (it's also personal preference so this is just what I would do).

One good advice is to wear all garments until 3 washes and then iron then and take photos first then. Luxire can at that pont give you great advice. This is however a bit fabric dependent so you have to kinda test your way forward :)

I have now different patterns for cotton, linen and wool pants and also for jeans and since last week even for shorts and I like to tweak these separately after each order. Luxire does a perfect job of replicating my patterns with almost 0 variation btw.

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
Thanks, I have decided against darting the polo.

Any pictures on this modified kamakura osaka bd?
I can post a picture when Luxire deliverd my trial shirt. You can check out Shirtonomys Formal BD, because it's similar to a modified Kamakura Osaka BD.

Bazsy

Reaction score
Can anybody point me to the list Luxire has of available styling options? Need to pin it so I can track back to it. Always wind up forgetting.
You can look at the style configurator on the site (own style). They can also accommodate whatever styling idea you come up with in notes.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I am looking for a pair of light summer wool trousers in light grey. There are not really any suitable options in the summer wool section. How heavy is this flannel?
https://luxire.com/products/vbc-vit...ght-grey-vbc_599_101_272?variant=1279093992#/

I am also considering a plain dress shirt in white twill, but it's hard to tell the difference between
https://luxire.com/collections/cotton-shirts/products/warzone-white-twill

https://luxire.com/collections/cotton-shirts/products/white-twill

https://luxire.com/collections/cotton-shirts/products/white-twill-2-100

https://luxire.com/collections/cotton-shirts/products/monti-white-twill-2-100

https://luxire.com/collections/cotton-shirts/products/white-diagonal-twilly-dobby (I know what dobby weave is but it does not seem very apparent in the picture)

What is the meaning of 2/100, 2/80 etc? I have done a search but can't find out.
Thanks!

PS the ability to filter fabric by colour would be useful

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads