1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. jeep364

jeep364 Well-Known Member

Thank you, do your lightweight 8/9 oz pants have a half lining? Or none at all. I'm learning to really appreciate the half (front) lining on the heavy linens I own from luxire.

2. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

I don't mean to say "What you want is wrong" but polo shirts are generally worn casually and therefore cut with enough room for movement. I would have thought asking Luxire to replicate your existing shirt's (darted) dimensions would be sufficient. I can't help thinking a darted, skin-tight polo would make as much sense as jeans with pleats :devil:

3. taduuu

taduuu Member

I am out of my comfort-zone so I am looking for advice or confirmation. I wear bd-collared shirts 99 times out of 100 and mostly without ties. I have several shirts with broke&bespoke collar and one with mercer collar and I like them all. But now I need an affordable basic white shirt to wear with a tie to my wedding. I would like to be able to wear this shirt afterwards as well. My wedding will just be small ceremony with families and dinner afterwards. My suit is from Suitsupply so it is rather slim and lapels are "normal" width.

Which collar and cloth should I go for my shirt? I was thinking white pinpoint oxford and Luxires italian collar. Are these OK? Is there some forum favourite cloths and collars I should take into consideration?

Thank you in advance.

4. Edward_Bourn

Edward_Bourn Active Member

You can try Luxire Florentine Cutaway (Milanese Cutaway) It should work perfekt for your wedding. If you like a BD with more roll at the collar, I suggest that you select their Kamakura Osaka BD. Then you change the measurments at the collar point lenght to 10 cm, and the band height to 3,5 cm and you get a nice roll.

5. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

I like the Italian collar and think it will be fine. Also consider "NOBD 2" and perhaps some others on the spreadsheet.

Pinpoint is good, broadcloth or twill perhaps a little more formal, though this is splitting hairs. I have a few white shirts in my cloth guide.

6. Rylsa

Rylsa Senior Member

Thanks, I have decided against darting the polo.

Any pictures on this modified kamakura osaka bd?

7. kugelblitz_

kugelblitz_ Member

Hi all! First time poster here.

After a few iterations I have now achieved a pant fit which I feel pretty comfortable with. However, there are still many improvements to be made. The pants on the attached images are made in the Ink Blue Cotton Fresco fabric. How would you have adjusted the fit of the trousers below? I'm currently thinking about making the following adjustments:

• Pant length: +0.5 cm
    • Thigh: +0.5 cm
    • Knee: +0.5 cm
    • Hips: +0.5 cm
    • Decrease the back length at waist -1.5 cm (Luxire's advice to mitigate bunching below the seat)
    • Increase the back rise at crotch +0.5 cm (Luxire's advice to mitigate wedgie)
    • Increase the seat angle curve (Luxire's advice to mitigate wedgie)

IMG_20180611_195411.jpg IMG_20180611_195505.jpg IMG_20180611_195518.jpg IMG_20180611_195530.jpg

8. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Mine are unlined, and that's what's generally recommended to take full advantage of the fabric's open weave.

What do you like about lining for heavy linen, if you don't mind?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018

9. XWT

XWT Member

Hi guys,

I have recieved my order for trial trousers, and I'm really underwhelmed.

(1) I went with the light weight coton trousers, and didn't select to have them lined. They are very sheer, and that's a disapointment which is on me. I considered dyeing them if they still fit right after a wash (spoiler alert, they didn't).

(2) I asked for 30.25 inseam and got 29.5 inseam instead

(3) I asked for a hook-tab (don't know the name) instead of the waistband button, and it wasn't properly attached. There is now a sharp metal spike protruding outwardly from the waistband (albeit small).

(4) I asked for "regular" cut and a single pleat. While the fit in the leg and calf is good, there isn't enough fabric at the hip to support the pleat, and it pulls open like a diaper.

(5) After the first wash, there is dramatic shrinkage (wash cold, air dry). The front rise dropped from 11 inch to 9,75 inch. The inseam is now 28.75 inch. The pleat is open 100% of the time. The leg is much slimmer than what I hoped.

So basically... These trousers are not wearable for me.

Do I have ground for a complaint or is it what to expect when you get trial pants? I have heard that Luxire has an "order at your own risk" business model, so I don't hope for much.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018

10. KWang94

KWang94 Senior Member

Hey Xavier, I'd recommend emailing Luxire directly. If it is indeed their mess up, I imagine they'll try to correct the situation.

Salut,

Kelvin

11. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Can anybody point me to the list Luxire has of available styling options? Need to pin it so I can track back to it. Always wind up forgetting.

12. Bazsy

Bazsy Senior Member

I would be much bolder with pants length increase and add a good 3-4cm (don't forget that you will have some shrinkage as well) as it is much easier to shorten pants later (that you should do after about 3 washes if it it's still needed).
    Personally I would loosen the fit a bit overall to accommodate for the same shrinkage and because you look very slim right now and would profit from a looser fit (it's also personal preference so this is just what I would do).

One good advice is to wear all garments until 3 washes and then iron then and take photos first then. Luxire can at that pont give you great advice. This is however a bit fabric dependent so you have to kinda test your way forward :)

I have now different patterns for cotton, linen and wool pants and also for jeans and since last week even for shorts and I like to tweak these separately after each order. Luxire does a perfect job of replicating my patterns with almost 0 variation btw.

13. Edward_Bourn

Edward_Bourn Active Member

I can post a picture when Luxire deliverd my trial shirt. You can check out Shirtonomys Formal BD, because it's similar to a modified Kamakura Osaka BD.

14. Bazsy

Bazsy Senior Member

You can look at the style configurator on the site (own style). They can also accommodate whatever styling idea you come up with in notes.

15. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Well-Known Member

I am looking for a pair of light summer wool trousers in light grey. There are not really any suitable options in the summer wool section. How heavy is this flannel?
    https://luxire.com/products/vbc-vit...ght-grey-vbc_599_101_272?variant=1279093992#/

I am also considering a plain dress shirt in white twill, but it's hard to tell the difference between
    https://luxire.com/collections/cotton-shirts/products/warzone-white-twill

https://luxire.com/collections/cotton-shirts/products/white-twill

https://luxire.com/collections/cotton-shirts/products/white-twill-2-100

https://luxire.com/collections/cotton-shirts/products/monti-white-twill-2-100

https://luxire.com/collections/cotton-shirts/products/white-diagonal-twilly-dobby (I know what dobby weave is but it does not seem very apparent in the picture)

What is the meaning of 2/100, 2/80 etc? I have done a search but can't find out.
    Thanks!

PS the ability to filter fabric by colour would be useful