• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a hint of that issue on my last pair (changed pattern) post machine wash.
Will get a new pair delivered on Wednesday, looking forward to seeing improvements.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a huge difference. Out of curiosity, could you share your height/weight and possibly waist size of those trousers?
just saw this........wow

but the diff is due to his booty.....I mean the frt rise vs rear.

great fit....great..best lux fit ever IMO

Last edited:
Reaction score
rich.........

when were the pants made?..I had thought Lux corrected this wedgie thing

did u send in measurements or a pr. of pants to replicate?

adjust w/ iron?....

hmm,, either manually iron out the wrinkles?( makes no sense)....or add iron weights to crotch area to add ballast?( makes less sense)...yikes........lol

I asked Lux to elaborate a little on the iron process and here's what they had to say:

The adjustment using iron will be done at our workplace while making the garments. We do this process to make the back rise seam shape proper that it drapes well over the body.

Still not super clear on how that works, but if it does as they claim then I like it! Will be giving it a shot...

Spandexter

Reaction score
We did notice some issues with bubbling on the Canclini fabrics we received in recent times. We are working with them to find a solution.

Any problem with bubbling is an issue. Does not matter how you have washed them. So, if you notice bubbling, do let us know. We will have it corrected for you.

Thanks, I will reach out via email.

jacobftww

Reaction score
to all of those that have ordered and recd pants by Lux.........

did u get the dreaded wedgie in the seat area?...

Im about to order but Im a bit skeptical of this issue that Ive read about.
I got a wedgie on my trial pants but it was corrected by Luxire for my second order.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, just wanted to share this with you...

Last year I had great success with Lux making me a pattern after a lvc sunset popover shirt. I went ahead and ordered a second one recently in the purple jacquard thinking it was going to be a nice dark rich textured fabric. Well, kinda... It's a super bright color.

20180130_151010.jpg

Even after a wash it's still very in-your-face Vegas/robert Graham style.

20180130_230828.jpg

Not sure what to do about this tbh - was thinking about using some black or navy dye and hoping for the best??

Also, there seems to be some twisting going on with the sleeves that I'm not sure how to fix, but it's a separate issue

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
I'd try to dye it. I've dyed a few things. You might use the color remover first. Is it a blend or 100% something? Blends tend not to dye well ime.

Contango

Reaction score
Just went to place my first order in some time and don't seem to be able to find the old website, nor can I see where we can specify own style details other than selecting one of the styles from their list (e.g. English Collar Business Shirt/Minimal Business Shirt).

Am I missing something about how the website works? Is there any way of still using the original website? It was clunky but at least I could order what I wanted!

Quesjac

Reaction score
Am I missing something about how the website works? Is there any way of still using the original website? It was clunky but at least I could order what I wanted!

In a sense, this is the old website (under the hood), it's just much more polished. However, the custom order fields aren't all there yet. You can simply leave the order form blank and then mention in the notes that you'll provide details by email. Then, you can email with the order number and all your specifications, just as before.

Hoping that the custom order fields get restored or replaced soon, but this method works fine from the customer's side (it just means someone in the office has to copy your order details back onto your order).

Contango

Reaction score
In a sense, this is the old website (under the hood), it's just much more polished. However, the custom order fields aren't all there yet. You can simply leave the order form blank and then mention in the notes that you'll provide details by email. Then, you can email with the order number and all your specifications, just as before.

Hoping that the custom order fields get restored or replaced soon, but this method works fine from the customer's side (it just means someone in the office has to copy your order details back onto your order).
OK thanks, good idea.

Also, is there still a page that shows the different collar options? I can't seem to find it using Google, nor can I see a link on the website.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
...Hoping that the custom order fields get restored or replaced soon....

The functionality is now working in beta. We are doing the bug fixes etc currently. Should be live soon.

Xune

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads