• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Bazsy

Reaction score
Om the jeans question I can say that Luxires standard (non selvedge) jeans fabrics are that goes for 70$ or something are much better fabrics then Levi's or any other big names I had during the last years. They feel more like orginal jeans fabrics before manufacturers began to wash them the jeans to a point where they only last a few months.

Chrisone

Reaction score
Anyone have made jeans by Luxire? What's your experience with jeans construction?

How is this 13 oz Luxire selvedge (https://luxire.com/products/luxire-selvedge-raw-midnight-navy-jeans-kato-japan)? Does it hold color long and how does it fade?

Sent in my best fitting jeans to be copied. Got an exact copy in return, only much higher quality. They fade very slowly, but they hold up incredibly well. The selvedge jeans for 99$ are, in my opinion, Luxires best deal. For the same price you can get two or three pairs of Levis shrink-to-fit, but why bother? Even combined they will wear out faster (true story).

iloveplaid

Reaction score
1x Chocolate Brown Duck Canvas

Front Pleats: Single Pleat Reverse

Front Pockets: Slant

Fly Style: Button

Waist Band: Custom style waistband (Add requirement in custom field below) - Custom Requirements: I would like a waistband that looks like in the picture, approximately 2 inches wide. I also want buttons for braces placed inside the waistband. - Upload Image: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/6372/uploads/b4871eb6.jpg

Rear Pockets: 2 Rear Pockets with Buttons

Lining: No Lining

Bottom Cuff: Yes 2.00"

Waist Size: 17.00

Half Hip Measurement: 20.75

Hip Measurement Front: 19.75

Pant Length: 43.50

Inseam Measurement: 33.00

Front Rise: 11.50

Back Rise: 18.00 (should have been an inch shorter)

Thigh Measurement (2 inch Below Crotch): 13.00

Knee Measurement: 9.00

Bottom / Ankle Opening: 7.25

@luxire way back on page 667 there was a pair of pants created where the customer provided his specs. What would be the best way to achieve the same silhouette and fit? Would it send my body measurements and choose "slim"? send my body measurements and send a picture of his pants? What would you recommend?

Also, for those who have the high waisted pants, without wearing a belt, do you guys find the pants slipping throughout a normal day if fitted properly? Or does the extra waistband with make them more secure?

mortgagebank

Reaction score
I miss the reviews on the new site. Hopefully they come back.
When/if this feature comes back I hope the reviews are more specifically applied to the fabrics being reviewed. Historically the reviews were about customers general luxire experience (positive and negative) and shed no light on the subject fabric.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire way back on page 667 there was a pair of pants created where the customer provided his specs. What would be the best way to achieve the same silhouette and fit? Would it send my body measurements and choose "slim"? send my body measurements and send a picture of his pants? What would you recommend?

Also, for those who have the high waisted pants, without wearing a belt, do you guys find the pants slipping throughout a normal day if fitted properly? Or does the extra waistband with make them more secure?

I shall speak the truth, the bitter one.

Getting the fit right requires trials. Happens without trials, when we get lucky.

If you have something similar that fits well, we can replicate it.

Else, it is a good idea to start with lower priced pants or trials, and make it better over iterations.

You can provide body measurements and some images of yourself. We would understand your posture through the images and hopefully the first pair be where we want to be or close.

Getting the style details right is comparatively easier.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When/if this feature comes back I hope the reviews are more specifically applied to the fabrics being reviewed. Historically the reviews were about customers general luxire experience (positive and negative) and shed no light on the subject fabric.

The reviews are back and are the same as the last time. May be, we will have to try and change the questions so that the reviews are better focused. We prefer not to moderate the reviews.

Bazsy

Reaction score
The reviews are back and are the same as the last time. May be, we will have to try and change the questions so that the reviews are better focused. We prefer not to moderate the reviews.
Also earlier you only got to review the first fabric in your order. It would be fun to have a solution where you get to review all.

kugelblitz_

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a "Luxire Tuxedo Bow-Tie". Searching for this yields a search result with a price span between 79,99 USD - 99,99 USD. Pressing the search result returns a shirt item called "Luxire Tuxedo Bow-Tie". You are supposed to be able to choose between 3 different bow-ties here, one in shantung, one in grosgrain and one in white cotton. However, the user is unable to choose and is instead asked to specify shirt measurements and options.

I'd like to know the different price points for the 3 tuxedo bow-ties available.

Also, I'd like to add that it would be nice to be able to sort/filter the product lists on different criteria such as price, material, colour etc.

iloveplaid

Reaction score
I shall speak the truth, the bitter one.

Getting the fit right requires trials. Happens without trials, when we get lucky.

If you have something similar that fits well, we can replicate it.

Else, it is a good idea to start with lower priced pants or trials, and make it better over iterations.

You can provide body measurements and some images of yourself. We would understand your posture through the images and hopefully the first pair be where we want to be or close.

Getting the style details right is comparatively easier.
Thanks for the reply @luxire

I have a pair that fit well that I can measure up. Would then the best chance be to send those measurements, also provide a picture of myself wearing them, and then providing a couple of pictures of the style I'm going for (pants made by @luxire )

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @luxire

I have a pair that fit well that I can measure up. Would then the best chance be to send those measurements, also provide a picture of myself wearing them, and then providing a couple of pictures of the style I'm going for (pants made by @luxire )

My recommendation would be to send that pair in to replicate. Will give you better results than the measurement route. Takes a bit more time and a little bit more money but will be worth it IMO.

roostertailedcow

Reaction score
Recently watching (again and again) O'Mast and start thinking that collar like shown below could end my "sartorial nightmare". Do someone have an idea?
tumblr_n8dweh2Yh31sy72yoo1_1280.jpg

promo327106359

tumblr_mne4keDuQ21qad1efo1_500.jpg
tumblr_oy0ht75Djk1qlvrxko1_500.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

paddymac

Reaction score
what do I measure for collar length when ordering shirts?

and I assume I can add more measurements in the customers note? and that also applies to pants....?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads