• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well three of those Luxire sale pants were on my 'to buy' list, so now ordered. Tempted also by the brown moleskin but with nothing except a small swatch photo it's too much to risk $120.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire Do you make structured sport coats? I have always been a fan of Polo Ralph Lauren's Garrison jacket, but they discontinued it a while back, and I'm not able to find an ample supply on the secondary market anymore. Would the chest shaping and shoulder structure be replicated exactly? I have a model I could send to base it on. Thanks.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire Do you make structured sport coats? I have always been a fan of Polo Ralph Lauren's Garrison jacket, but they discontinued it a while back, and I'm not able to find an ample supply on the secondary market anymore. Would the chest shaping and shoulder structure be replicated exactly? I have a model I could send to base it on. Thanks.

I have sent them one of my bespoke sport coats to be copied, and I am now awaiting delivery of my second Luxire sport coat. They are remarkable. Order with 100% confidence when you send them a garment to copy.

DL-

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have sent them one of my bespoke sport coats to be copied, and I am now awaiting delivery of my second Luxire sport coat. They are remarkable. Order with 100% confidence when you send them a garment to copy.

DL-

Thanks, David! I appreciate your comments.

JIMB

Reaction score
Looking for a fit check on my recent shirt order. I think this is order number three, and we're getting close. This shirt has already been adjusted for forward and sloping shoulders, although it looks like it might need more. The collar has also been moved vs. the previous shirt to eliminate a fold behind the neck, but this also hasn't totally been resolved. The front panel is slightly tight on the entire length of the shirt, where the back panel could have some fabric removed. Also, I have to work on the cuffs, because I'm having a hard time balancing wide-enough-to-fit-a-watch vs not-too-wide-that-I-look-ridiculous.

Any other suggestions or insight? I am sending these to Luxire as well, but I know they can take some time getting input on these e-mails and we have a lot of experts here as well. I apologize for the messy closet behind me.

flvinny521

Reaction score
I think the shirt looks great, with the level of wrinkling you have I would trust your judgement in how it feels over a couple static images. However, since static images it what I see... making a chest slightly larger and back slightly smaller sounds reasonable, just make sure you can hug and drive without feeling too tight in the back of the shirt. Shrug your shoulders to see if it gets rid of the creases near the arm pits, then decide if you need slightly larger arm holes or a slope adjustment.

For cuffs, I actually request two buttons like a RTW shirt 2cm apart. Depending on the (presence of a) watch, I button one or the other.

Thanks for your input. I think for the back, maybe the upper back needs to stay as is and only reduce the back waist and bottom. Or, as the previous reply suggested, add darts to accomplish the same effect. Good idea about the cuffs, but I wear a watch 100% of the time. It just seems like one measurement is slightly too snug, and then increasing a very small amount made the cuff feel too large. Maybe the first was just slightly smaller than requested (within tolerance) and the other slightly larger.

The diagonal lines under my armpits is the only area that I'm concerned with as far as appearance.

flvinny521

Reaction score
And now, for something completely different... how have the recent bespoke shoes turned out? I'm debating a pair of black captoes, but living in Florida, there aren't many conveniently located high end stores to try on RTW shoes in person. My options are to either buy a pair of Allen Edmonds (of which I have two already) or try something custom since my foot is a little flat and wide.

Is the current price of $500 going to be increasing in the near future, or has this remained fairly steady? I see the "regular" price quoted is $800.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I think for the back, maybe the upper back needs to stay as is and only reduce the back waist and bottom. Or, as the previous reply suggested, add darts to accomplish the same effect. Good idea about the cuffs, but I wear a watch 100% of the time. It just seems like one measurement is slightly too snug, and then increasing a very small amount made the cuff feel too large. Maybe the first was just slightly smaller than requested (within tolerance) and the other slightly larger.

The diagonal lines under my armpits is the only area that I'm concerned with as far as appearance.

I agree with the other poster that the chest is too tight, which I suspect is why you are getting the wrinkles you are getting.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, those lines of tension under the arms, best seen on the side view, are because the chest is too tight.

JIMB

Reaction score
The good news, then, is you can add darts yourself. I personally don't like the way they look on some cloth, so I'm moving away from them, but in certain situations (back curvatures or always wearing a jacket) they can work.

Good news about the cuffs, too, moving buttons can be a diy job. Then you can send in the exact measurement for the next shirt.

@luxire sale looks great! Bummed I am in a "no spend" period.

Last edited:

Bazsy

Reaction score

Well three of those Luxire sale pants were on my 'to buy' list, so now ordered. Tempted also by the brown moleskin but with nothing except a small swatch photo it's too much to risk $120.

I have a swatch of that one at home and also considering to order a pair of pants. I might be able to answer some questions about the material.

Iipe

Reaction score

Looking for a fit check on my recent shirt order

You have broad shoulders. The fit looks OK, but you might suffer from tightness at the back when reaching forward and raising arms. If that is the case, increase yoke width. The shoulder seam will move lower and you can make the armhole smaller as a result. Also add a bit to the chest.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads