• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

bubblewhistle

Reaction score
For your first shirt, order the fit-test trial shirt ($35USD), and submit body measurements to luxire.

Meh. I'd email Luxire to see if someone has sent in a Kamakurka in your fit and size. A good fit based on body measurements is too tricky to get right, and you'd have more luck measuring a good fitting shirt directly. Which, by the way, is not as difficult as some make it out to be.

JohnnyFlex

Reaction score
So i am very intersted in trying luxire for dress shirts. Kamakura tokyo slim fit size 39-87 (15.5-34.33 in inches) is a perfect fit for me. Just wondering if i could get the measurements from anyones order, i just dont want to send any of my shirts. (Any help would be very much appreciated)

Reading the question about canadian duties are there duties/customs for us customers?
(Not sure if it matters but i wouldget 3 shirts, 80ish each)

Also is there any difference in quality between kamakura and luxire? Im still debating if luxire is worth the hassle to get basic oxfords through luxire...
If you have a shirt that fits perfectly, I'd really recommend sending it in. The 20$ pre-pay option works a treat.

Don't F around with body measurements, at the very least measure your Kamakura.

Kamakura shirts are really nice too and their oxford collar still has the nicest roll I've seen. Luxire shirts have a couple construction elements that are superior to Kamakura's (split yoke, shanked buttons), but the real fun with Luxire will be once you decide that you want extra customizations.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What am I missing? Looking for a mid-to-high quality poplin or royal broadcloth (not pinpoint) in standard light blue.  Can't seem to find one.  i found some on the lower end, but I am looking for something albini/grandi - esque.  Links please?  Thanks

@luxire

Bump

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

JimmyTre

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to Luxire and MTM looking for some advise. I've been reading this thread and others at SF, but finally I've stumbled on something that has me a bit stumped.

I'm was trying to tweak some measurements from a pair of well fitting pants, so the measurements that I gave for my order were a little different. The main issue for me is that I have a bubble butt and even "well fittting" OTR pants tend to be tight, through the rise (mostly back, but also a little in the front). For these pants I added 3/4" in the rear hoping to avoid the usual "wedgie" that I get when I wear anything other than loose fit pants and a weird thing happened: the wedgie is still there (and is in fact a little more pronounced that in the pants I measured) but there is also large bunching of material on the top part of the rear rise, right below the belt line.

Stranger still, there is a bunch of loose fabric below the buttocks that imply I would need a smaller 1/2 thigh measurement, but it is all in the back. The pants fit fine the front (beyond a little pulling at the crotch which I think would go away if I could fix the wedgie issue).

I'm concerned that a simple reduction of the measurement would make the pants tighter across the front. In the front the fit across the thighs is about what you would expect for trim/slim (but not skinny) pants. Anything more than a 1/4" that goes into my front pockets gets "pinned down" against my thighs when I sit down and looks like it is vacuum packed in navy fabric. I'm fine with that fit because usually I don't carry much in those pockets.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct these problems? For the first one it seems that the problem is less the actual length of the rise and more how that rise is distributed in the pattern. In other words finding a way to add the length to the bottom of the rise rather than the top would do the trick. For the second one, I guess the solution would be to reduce the 1/2 thigh measurement, but somehow do it for only the rear panel of the pants. Am I on the right track here?

Thank you so much! I'm planning on emailing Luxire and show them the pics, but I wanted to get some second opinions first. Also I'm trying to find out if there is a specific set of terms/language that I can use to explain these problems. I'm sure Luxire can recommened to add a bit here or subtract a bit there from the existing pants pattern, which would work well for now. However, I would also like to find a way of making the request to someone who may no have the previous pattern. I love Luxire and plan on being a long term customer, but at some point I may need to use another MTM service and I don't know how these fixes would be integrated into a regular set of measurements and styling requests.

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
The wedgie problem is a common one. Luxire will know how to take care of it.
Hi @luxire , got access to any black cotton-wool blends suitable for trousers? i.e. something like this cotton-wool gabardine from Lemaire.. Maybe even a twill fabric.
Looking for something casual, softer drape than pure cotton, somewhat lightweight and preferably machine washable.

Would you consider linen? I know Luxire has some thin twills that you might use. The tan washable wool blend pants I got recently might fit the bill. And the trial pair they made for me years ago was similar. I think it was a rayon/poly blend. Very soft, light, and drapey.

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on the better of the Moleskin fabrics for pants?

novaeagle

Reaction score
So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct these problems? For the first one it seems that the problem is less the actual length of the rise and more how that rise is distributed in the pattern. In other words finding a way to add the length to the bottom of the rise rather than the top would do the trick. For the second one, I guess the solution would be to reduce the 1/2 thigh measurement, but somehow do it for only the rear panel of the pants. Am I on the right track here?

Thank you so much! I'm planning on emailing Luxire and show them the pics, but I wanted to get some second opinions first. Also I'm trying to find out if there is a specific set of terms/language that I can use to explain these problems. I'm sure Luxire can recommened to add a bit here or subtract a bit there from the existing pants pattern, which would work well for now. However, I would also like to find a way of making the request to someone who may no have the previous pattern. I love Luxire and plan on being a long term customer, but at some point I may need to use another MTM service and I don't know how these fixes would be integrated into a regular set of measurements and styling requests.

Speaking from experience, both of these things are possible and likely what they will reocmmend. You can add to the back rise, but only on the bottom. You can also increase the thigh measurement, but only in the rear. I'm still trying to get my fit where I want it, but I initially had very similar problems. Seems to me like you need less room in rear thigh, more room in the lower back rise, and potentially more room in the hips as well.

If you go back through my posts you'll see I had a very similar issue to you. Also make sure to give luxire your order number, as this gives them a frame of reference for your measurements to suggest changes from.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics