• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Blue Teal

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I'm starting to get very worried about the front rise/back rise ratio of my current pants order.

Measurements:
Waist: 16.5
Half hip: 20
Hip front: 19.5
Font rise: 10
Back rise: 16
Thighs: 11.5
Knee: 8.25
Ankle opening: 7.25

I actually took the measurements from PT01 summer and winter wool pants and trimmed them a little at the legs (because of cotton instead of wool: I don't want too many sharp wrinkles which always plague lanky guys wearing cotton pants) while giving slightly more width in the hips and especially the waist band. These pants have relatively low rise for dress pants but since I am ordering casual moleskin pants I didn't mind. Also, I was too unsure about how measurements would need to change if I needed to add some extra rise.

Compared to your measurements the back rise seems huge on my measurements relative to the front rise. These are the actual measurements of these Italian wool pants everything is based on. And while trying I could only miss half an inch or so while wearing those.

I consider e-mailing Luxire to take of half and inch off the back rise.

Any people who also have an 1 to 1.6 ratio (or higher) on the front back rise with pants that turned out to be good?

I have a similar ratio on a pair of trousers I ordered, which were based on suit trousers I had made for me by a tailor. Worked well for me, but I have, putting it kindly, a prominent rear, which I presume takes up some of that space.

emptym

Reaction score
The linen jacket Luxire posted earlier, w/ its linen friends:

Love this thing. This was the heavy upholstery linen I posted about long ago. I'm not sure what the fabric weight is, but it must be at least 20 oz. It's noticeably heavier than my tweed jackets even though it's minimally constructed (no sleeve lining, for example). Super comfortable though, like a sweater. Once it's on, I don't notice the weight at all.

Last edited:

02///M3

Reaction score
The natural ecru heavy vintage linen pants posted a couple pages back look amazing. Anybody have that fabric? Can anyone speak to how it would work as a sport coat or suit jacket?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire which fabric is most comparable to the maroon university stripes oxford?

I don't mean the colours or pattern, but the properties of the fabric itself. The way it feels, the weight, how it's virtually wrinkle free, etc. I must say this is the best oxford fabric I've ever had. It requires hardly any ironing after a wash, it doesn't wrinkle much throughout the day, it's very soft, it's not too heavy and not too light. Simply perfect!

Please let me know if you have a similar cloth or can order from the same makers. A nice light blue, white would be would be awesome.

Last edited:

Thrifter

Reaction score

@luxire
 which fabric is most comparable to the maroon university stripes oxford?

I don't mean the colours or pattern, but the properties of the fabric itself. The way it feels, the weight, how it's virtually wrinkle free, etc. I must say this is the best oxford fabric I've ever had. It requires hardly any ironing after a wash, it doesn't wrinkle much throughout the day, it's very soft, it's not too heavy and not too light. Simple perfect!

Please let me know if you have a similar cloth or can order from the same makers. A nice light blue, white would be would be awesome.

I know, right? I had ordered the grey university stripes last time around and loved it. I figure the maroon is from the same batch, so I ordered it and every other university stripe fabric available in my most recent order... my shirt wardrobe is going to be 85% university stripes. :embar:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, right? I had ordered the grey university stripes last time around and loved it. I figure the maroon is from the same batch, so I ordered it and every other university stripe fabric available in my most recent order... my shirt wardrobe is going to be 85% university stripes.
shog[1].gif

Wish they'd make a solid version of it.

Rincon

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a casual white fabric for a popover?

I have a linen already... looking for a more casual white that won't wrinkle so much. Currently considering the "soft white herringbone".

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score

I know, right? I had ordered the grey university stripes last time around and loved it. I figure the maroon is from the same batch, so I ordered it and every other university stripe fabric available in my most recent order... my shirt wardrobe is going to be 85% university stripes. :embar:

Are they dress shirts or more casual?

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I disagree. You can learn more about a collar's construction, I think, by seeing it without a tie.

Also a lot of us here are higher up the food chain and don't have to wear the silk choke-chain. :D

p.henrik

Reaction score

The natural ecru heavy vintage linen pants posted a couple pages back look amazing. Anybody have that fabric? Can anyone speak to how it would work as a sport coat or suit jacket?

I have it as pants. Irish type heavy linen (still wrinkles obviously but not as bad as some light weight stuff). Not see through at all. Think it could definately work as as a suit (personally less excited about it as an odd jacket)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads