• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

roquesoon

Reaction score
@luxire which fabric is most comparable to the maroon university stripes oxford?

I don't mean the colours or pattern, but the properties of the fabric itself. The way it feels, the weight, how it's virtually wrinkle free, etc. I must say this is the best oxford fabric I've ever had. It requires hardly any ironing after a wash, it doesn't wrinkle much throughout the day, it's very soft, it's not too heavy and not too light. Simply perfect!

Please let me know if you have a similar cloth or can order from the same makers. A nice light blue, white would be would be awesome.

I'm finding the Pale Blue Classic Oxford to be quite similar, though not identical, in feel and wrinkle resistance. Completely agree on the maroon stripes though. It's an awesome fabric. Would be very interested in other offerings of the same cloth.

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the feedback I was looking for and I've contacted Luxire, thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pns1fZX.jpg

(Colours are a bit off...)

Thrifter

Reaction score

I've just received my last pair of trousers, and I'm a bit shocked at the moment.
I ordered Dugdale Yorkshire Tweed Brown. This is the picture in Luxire website: This is what I've received: I've used my girlfriend's camera (a Nikon, my phone takes crappy pics) and taken the photo against the window (no direct sunlight, actually it's cloudy and the sun is setting already). No adjustements or anything. They're obviously much lighter and actually have a green tint to them. Luxire have another Dugdale Yorkshire Tweed Tan that actually looks closer to what I've received, but even that one looks much darker: Do you think Luxire might have made a mistake and sent me Tan instead of Brown? Should I contact them? I was super happy with my first trousers (grey wool flannel), and they exceeded my expectations. With these the fit is also great but I'm not sure I can even wear this colour that much. Thank you.
How did you order the fabric? By email or by clicking the fabric on Luxire's site? The Dugdale fabrics are numbered so you should have received exactly what you asked for. http://www.dugdalebros.com/cloth-ranges/white-rose-caldonaire-bunch-141/4207/ I have been surprised by fabric color before and I've always just assumed that if I do not order swatches, then it's on me if I get an unexpected result. Different monitors can alter how things look, but still - your pants seem way different than the image, so perhaps a mixup did occur.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, doing that right now.

I was thinking something else, too.

There are two fabrics with the exact same name, 'Dugdale Yorkshire Tweed Brown':

http://custom.luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale_white_rose_4207
http://custom.luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale_white_rose_4203

The top one is the one I ordered whereas the second one is a lighter shade of brown.

And in the order confirmation email just the name is stored (1x Dugdale Yorkshire Tweed Brown), which means that the order email would be identical with both. Hopefully their system stores a unique fabric id (like dugdale_4207 vs. dugdale_403), otherwise there could have been a confusion.

Anyway, I'll contact them now.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the feedback I was looking for and I've contacted Luxire, thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:

Thrifter

Reaction score
The color definitely looks different but I think the lighter version also looks good. If a mixup did occur, perhaps you can work something out with Luxire and keep both pairs.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you, doing that right now.

I was thinking something else, too.

There are two fabrics with the exact same name, 'Dugdale Yorkshire Tweed Brown':

I see a similar issue with the Minnis Fresco light grey fabrics on their site. Two in the same name, different pics.

I'm sure they will take care of the conflict though...

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NOBD really nice cords and shirt! What fabric are the trousers from? Also, I really like the blue/brown gingham, probably one of my favorite color combo for a smart casual shirt!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keloenes