• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

scrolls

Reaction score
Those cords are superb. I'm really lookng foward to saving some scratch and getting myself a pair.

Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed, but what fabric is the shirt? 'Tis great.

That is the Grandi-Brown Blue Tattersall. Mine is on the way
smile.gif
I'm expecting it to be one of my favorite casual shirts.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's getting sorted out. I understand that these aren't what you were expecting and that the point of custom trousers is to get exactly what you are expecting, but I have to say that I really like the color and I'd wear those plenty. Dark brown looks very nice too.

What's the hand like for the fabric? Soft or a little bit of that tweed roughness to it? How heavy?

To be honest it's the first tweed item in my wardrobe so I can't really compare it with other tweeds. Compared to my previous Luxire trousers (grey wool flannel), it feels a bit lighter and thinner, but it could be because of the hairy texture of the flannel. According to Luxire website the tweed one is heavier than the flannel (13 oz vs. 12 oz).

Last edited:

lukejackson

Reaction score
I won't be ordering for a while for a number of reasons, but this collar on this popover would be awesome to replicate:

Looks a lot like the NOBD. I like the lack of placket and buttons also.

Pic from Lunedi bespoke shirts.

In another iteration:

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am looking to do this very soon, how did you send your jacket to Luxire? I know they have a pre-paid shipping option, but i don't quite understand how it works...

For shirts and such, they email you a DHL label. DHL comes to your house (or you drop it off), package goes to India.

Jackets seem like they might be more problematic because you probably wouldn't want to just stuff one in a box.

^ this is what I did, DHL picked it up yesterday. It was pretty simple, and saved a ton. I went to UPS for a quote and it was like $190 to ship to India. I was sending in a jacket for replication as well as sending back 4 shirts that needed alterations, and I paid $70 through Luxire's prepaid shipping.

But, not sure what you mean in your last sentence...how is throwing a jacket in a box different than throwing a shirt or pants in a box? I folded everything nicely and wrapped them in plastic bags, I don't see how the jacket is any worse off than the shirts I shipped back.

xizenta

Reaction score

^ this is what I did, DHL picked it up yesterday. It was pretty simple, and saved a ton. I went to UPS for a quote and it was like $190 to ship to India. I was sending in a jacket for replication as well as sending back 4 shirts that needed alterations, and I paid $70 through Luxire's prepaid shipping.

But, not sure what you mean in your last sentence...how is throwing a jacket in a box different than throwing a shirt or pants in a box? I folded everything nicely and wrapped them in plastic bags, I don't see how the jacket is any worse off than the shirts I shipped back.

Well. a jacket is much more valuable, and a lot more can conceivably go wrong with the structure by folding.
I don't think putting a jacket in a box is going to cause any problems that steaming won't fix, but I can see what he was getting at by being concerned. Nothing is going to happen to a shirt if you fold it and put it in a box.

Anyway, here is my suggestion for editing Turner's collar. I just sent off the order to Luxire to make 10 shirts with this second hidden buttonhole added. Kind of scary ordering so many shirts at once with a new change, but I guess if it doesn't work as planned I can always just use the old buttonhole and pretend the second one isn't there.
The point of this addition is to give the collar less slack/roll when worn with a tie. Here's a poor and heavily cropped picture of what the regular turner style looks like when I wear it with a tie.

NameIess

Reaction score
Is it possible to split a Luxire gift card into more than one purchase? I have a $500 one but only looking buy one shirt and a pair of pants as I haven't found my perfect fit yet.

xizenta

Reaction score

Is it possible to split a Luxire gift card into more than one purchase? I have a $500 one but only looking buy one shirt and a pair of pants as I haven't found my perfect fit yet.

yes, you can charge as little as you want onto a card. I paid a $30 embroidering fee from a $1000 card and kept the balance.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well. a jacket is much more valuable, and a lot more can conceivably go wrong with the structure by folding.
I don't think putting a jacket in a box is going to cause any problems that steaming won't fix, but I can see what he was getting at by being concerned. Nothing is going to happen to a shirt if you fold it and put it in a box.

I guess I can see that...I sent in an unstructured jacket so it shouldn't be too bad. Just checked my tracking and the box is already on the move, should get to Bangalore shortly.

kwv07

Reaction score
I am considering sending a jacket of mine to be "cloned" in a linen or cotton for spring/summer. What is everyone's experience with this process? Does the replication come out pretty identical? I'd love to hear some feedback/see any pictures anyone might have.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jogo1984