• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emiristol

Reaction score
I have several pairs of the less expensive linen trousers that Luxire offers, and they're all great, very nice drape with minimal wrinkling. The navy linen and chocolate brown linen are especially nice, I wear them constantly in warmer weather.

how many wearings do you get before you find you have to iron them?

cardiffrover

Reaction score

Trying to contribute more to this thread that has provided so much inspiration to me..... so here goes. This is the G&R Flame Red Gingham Oxford. Sorry about the bad photo (iPhone timer) and I don't know what I was doing to make the sleeves look too short but I think this may be my new favourite shirt. My original intention was for this shirt to go with tan corduroys but I think it's actually better with denim. Still waiting on my cords from Luxire though. It's actually a pretty versatile shade of red and goes well with a lot of things but does not do well under a jacket, for me at least.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how many wearings do you get before you find you have to iron them?

I'm super lazy and rarely iron anything. I usually just wait until they start looking sloppy and get them cleaned, but that takes a while, and not really because of wrinkles but because after a while the crease doesn't look as crisp. I wear them maybe once every other week, or once a week at most, and I can go a couple months before they start looking shabby.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm super lazy and rarely iron anything.

I'll see your super laziness and say that I'm super lazy and NEVER iron anything. What you need is a steamer and a trouser press, son. It takes about one minute to wave the steamer over the wrinkles, then you drop it in the press and let it do its thing.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll see your super laziness and say that I'm super lazy and NEVER iron anything. What you need is a steamer and a trouser press, son. It takes about one minute to wave the steamer over the wrinkles, then you drop it in the press and let it do its thing.

I have a steamer that I use sometimes since I hate ironing (mainly just for shirts though), but a trouser press is definitely something I'd love to have someday.

prozach1576

Reaction score
the trouser attachment for my steamer does a serviceable job of setting a crease

although, so does an iron with a pressing cloth

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which press do you have?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the prepaid FedEx service for mailing items to Luxire? I have a jacket for replication (counts as 2 items) and 4 shirts to get altered. That's 6 items total, but in the drop-down box I can only select up to a max of 3 items. How do I add that to my cart? Can I just select the option for 3 items and then change the quantity to 2 in my cart, and add in the notes that I'm just looking for one prepaid label so I can send everything back in one consolidated package? That would be $80...I'm hoping there's a slightly cheaper way to do this since I'll be sending everything in one package.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Luxire Men's wear, Brisbane Moss Heavy Moleskin Olive

zeBanker

Reaction score
Has anyone used the prepaid FedEx service for mailing items to Luxire? I have a jacket for replication (counts as 2 items) and 4 shirts to get altered. That's 6 items total, but in the drop-down box I can only select up to a max of 3 items. How do I add that to my cart? Can I just select the option for 3 items and then change the quantity to 2 in my cart, and add in the notes that I'm just looking for one prepaid label so I can send everything back in one consolidated package? That would be $80...I'm hoping there's a slightly cheaper way to do this since I'll be sending everything in one package.
+1

would be highly interested
additionally: does anybody know how much "items" cloth counts? I'd wanna send some in to get trousers made of

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads